Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2017 10:37:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
BBQ, Tex-mex or Burger fan? If so, we can hook you up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bourbon.
I'm a Bourbon whore, so any decent stores in the area?
View Quote

Sigels Beverages
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Hail storms
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Where are you going to be in Irving? 

Irving is a pretty generic suburb for the most part, but there are different things in different areas. 

Irving is "partially wet" meaning that you can buy beer, wine and liquor in restaurants for dine in and you can buy beer and wine at stores and gas stations for take home, but you can't buy liquor for carry out. You can buy liquor in Dallas for carry out, and there are huge liquor stores right across the city line.

For good steaks, I like Saltgrass. For BBQ, there isn't a whole lot in Irving, Spring Creek is cafeteria style chain and it's probably the best in Irving. There are some pretty good hole in the wall Vietnamese places. If you're staying in west Irving, near the airport, and you like Chinese Buffets, then you're in luck. If you're staying in Las Colinas and like Indian or chain restaurants then you're in luck.

El Fenix has pretty good Mexican, I like them.

I would recommend taking a short drive to downtown Grapevine, if you get time. They have some pretty good places. Tolbert's has been on The Food Network for their Texas Chili, and they have a good seafood joint there too. 
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out sportsmans shooting center in Grapevine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Las Colinas.

Not really familiar with the area.

Co-worker suggested a visit to the Grapevine mall.
View Quote

Those are my old stomping grounds. It's an upscale part of Irving. 

The Grapevine Mills Mall is a really big shopping mall, but it's more of an outlet mall. But, it is really, really big. I like downtown Grapevine, on main street. It's a semi-touristy strip with a lot of shops and restaurants, much of it in early to mid 20th Century buildings. Tolbert's is a good place to checkout. You can get to downtown, or any other part of Grapevine, by just heading west on Highway 635. There is a nice Bass Pro Shop near the mall, and like someone said the shooting center is over there too.

There is a bit of a downtown part to Las Colinas, and if you're staying there then they really roll the streets up at 7:00 once everyone goes home. However, if you are on MacArthur, then there are some places to eat, some of them with bars. But, be extremely careful not to get popped drinking and driving. Lots of cops on MacArthur. 

Dallas is just to the east, as are the liquor stores (go east on Northwest Highway, which isn't much of a highway if you ask me) but it is a mildly seedy looking part of town, but I used to go to Spec's Liquor all the time and never had any problems. 
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got family in Las Colinas so I'm over there quite frequently.  It's a really nice area towards the north, though the closer you get to 183 the sketchier it gets.  To be honest you're only about 15-20 minutes away from some good restaurants close to downtown Dallas.  If you want to stay up north though Hard Eight really is decent BBQ.  Just tried Cattleack a few weeks ago, it's more toward the north near 635/DNT about 15 minutes from your area and it is probably my second favorite BBQ behind Pecan Lodge (which is downtown/Deep Ellum)--problem is they are only open Thursday/Friday and the first Saturday of each month from 10:30AM-2PM.  

I love bourbon too, but because of the laws in Irving you have to get out of town. I have the best luck at the Spec's and Total Wine's up north and over east off of 75.  A couple years back I was able to buy as many 1.75Ls of Weller 12 as I wanted at one of the two stores right there on Northwest Highway right outside of town.  You want to come shop at my personal liquor store though I've got some bottles I'll trade you

If you venture out of Las Colinas--I like Maple & Motor for burgers, pizza is good at Cane Rosso (ask for the Honey Bastard--it's a special not always listed, but they can make it anytime).  Lucia is great for italian...some of the best I've ever had stateside.  Reservations are near impossible, but they've got 4 bar seats and a few outside tables that are always first come first serve.  For a single diner I couldn't imagine it would be terribly difficult to get a seat.  

It'd be a little bit of a drive (25-30 min depending on traffic), but Lakewood Brewery is my favorite local DFW brewery.  They have an awesome taproom and they just put in another new tower so they have an absolute ton of beers; most of which are exclusive to the taproom only and will never be sold at stores.  Sours, barrel aged, they have anything you could imagine and I have not had one yet that I didn't like.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not really a heavy drinker, just like checking what's available when I'm in different locations.
I find brand availability varies widely from place to place.

Was hoping to hit the Redneck Country Club, but alas......4 hours one way isn't workable this trip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Grapevine Mills Mall is a really big shopping mall, but it's more of an outlet mall. But, it is really, really big. I like downtown Grapevine, on main street. It's a semi-touristy strip with a lot of shops and restaurants, much of it in early to mid 20th Century buildings. Tolbert's is a good place to checkout. You can get to downtown, or any other part of Grapevine, by just heading west on Highway 635. There is a nice Bass Pro Shop near the mall, and like someone said the shooting center is over there too.

There is a bit of a downtown part to Las Colinas, and if you're staying there then they really roll the streets up at 7:00 once everyone goes home. However, if you are on MacArthur, then there are some places to eat, some of them with bars. But, be extremely careful not to get popped drinking and driving. Lots of cops on MacArthur. 

Dallas is just to the east, as are the liquor stores (go east on Northwest Highway, which isn't much of a highway if you ask me) but it is a mildly seedy looking part of town, but I used to go to Spec's Liquor all the time and never had any problems. 
Not really a heavy drinker, just like checking what's available when I'm in different locations.

Was hoping to hit the Redneck Country Club, but alas......4 hours one way isn't workable this trip.
Maybe Redneck Heaven would be a bit of a taste. There was quite a bit of protesting by feminist groups, so that's a good thing. 

No nudity, but you might not want to click on this at work. 

http://redneckheaven.com

The one in Lewisville is about a 15 minute drive north of Las Colinas. 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#15]
if you're here April 8 & 9--Dallas Market Hall gun show--huge.
BBQ--Hard 8. You won't believe how much you will eat.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hail storms
View Quote
A distinct possibility
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Las Colinas.

Not really familiar with the area.

Co-worker suggested a visit to the Grapevine mall.
View Quote
I've eaten at the Saltgrass thereabouts, took my folks when they were staying in LC for market 2x a year - always a good steak and cold shiner
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Maybe Redneck Heaven would be a bit of a taste. There was quite a bit of protesting by feminist groups, so that's a good thing. 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my employees favorite place to eat when they are in town...
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hmmmm, now you have me worrying about my form of transportation.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A distinct possibility
Hmmmm, now you have me worrying about my form of transportation.....

Rental cars are easy to deal with after hail... on a motorcycle you should find a safe place to not get killed by the hail
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hmm, That name rings a bell.

I think I had a Ribeye at one of the locations last time I was in Texas, remember it being one of the best I've had for the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've eaten at the Saltgrass thereabouts, took my folks when they were staying in LC for market 2x a year - always a good steak and cold shiner
Hmm, That name rings a bell.

I think I had a Ribeye at one of the locations last time I was in Texas, remember it being one of the best I've had for the money.
Its part of a big chain, but they have good steaks, salads, and sides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top