Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 8:11:43 AM EDT
He used to post pictures of his fishing trips to Padre Island.  His name was Chris King and he was active duty Army out of Ft. Sam Houston, E-7 if I'm not mistaken.  Iraq veteran.

He passed a couple of months ago.  Suicide.  His family was very insistent on privacy so I didn't post it then, but I know he was very active here.  He left a wife and two young kids behind.

I didn't know him extremely well, but I called him a friend.  He was a fishing buddy and very generous person.  He was here at my house using my fish cleaning station just a couple days before.  

I'm not angry anymore.  Just sad.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember his fishing pics.That sucks,permanent answer to a temporary problem.
Sorry for his family and friends to have to live with that,forever.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
That fucking sucks.

He was always posting about his trips to PINS to camp and fish. He also had a long thread about his cabin.

My condolences to his friends and family.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Very sorry to hear of the passing of a fellow arfcommer, especially under such circumstances.  I can only hope his family is dealing with it as well as possible and that he finally found peace from whatever was tormenting him.  I've had a few friends over the years make their own end like that and I always felt bad that they didn't feel like they could reach out to me or someone else for help in their time of need.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, RIP.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry the loss of your friend.
I remember the fishing pics

Sorry for what his family is going through also, especially the kiddos.

Sucks when I hear of Vet's taking their own lives.

They must be going through major turmoil to go this route to stop the hurt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#10]
wow that is just awful
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well shit.

I remember his cabin thread. Prayers for his family.
View Quote

Was he the guy that built that neat little cabin down in South Texas and was having trouble with local trespassers?

I hate to hear about vets taking their lives and also ruing their lives with drugs or booze. I am a vet and former contractor, too. I have two buddies - men who I would trust my life to, and have on multiple occasions - sitting in jail and a couple in and out of rehab. Some have had devastating divorces. I was severely injured 2012 and I was the first to "leave" our line of work. After I beat the odds the doctors were giving my family, I came home and started working on pre-reqs for nursing school. I changed that to Social Work / Substance Abuse Counseling and hope to work towards a Masters in Psych. I want to help my brothers. God knows hardly anyone else in our government seems to want to.

I applaud all you guys on here for all the help you have collectively given to the vets on the board here. It is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn man, I like to read his posts. I remember the cabin post that he built and thought that was awesome.

Rip soldier man
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:17:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I do remember him. Sad. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top