Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 7:46:16 AM EDT
I was reading through Fort Hood Reg 190-11 and it basically says that no one on post can posses class 3 items. Does anyone who has lived on post know if this extends to federally registered items?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I had friends in the past as in the 70's have them on post. I think they were kept in a secured area though. But obviously things have changed. If memory serves me correctly by the 80's you had to keep them off post and I know of one guy who was a living at the boq and rented a storage building to keep his stuff. I know he did that when he was deployed and he even contacted batfe about it. They basically said that if the storage facility was rented by him and the stamped items were locked away within it as in a locked safe etc.They still considered it under his supervision and were ok with it. This was several years ago and I wouldn't trust ANYTHING in Killeen. I'd probably head to Florence or Lampasas if I pursued that route. But I'd definitely consult batfe or rent an apartment. Hood used to make exceptions for reenactors and collectors displaying stuff but I no longer would risk such a venture at all. Check double check it's not worth having one self important misinformed assistant manager wannabe ruin your life.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had friends in the past as in the 70's have them on post. I think they were kept in a secured area though. But obviously things have changed. If memory serves me correctly by the 80's you had to keep them off post and I know of one guy who was a living at the boq and rented a storage building to keep his stuff. I know he did that when he was deployed and he even contacted batfe about it. They basically said that if the storage facility was rented by him and the stamped items were locked away within it as in a locked safe etc.They still considered it under his supervision and were ok with it. This was several years ago and I wouldn't trust ANYTHING in Killeen. I'd probably head to Florence or Lampasas if I pursued that route. But I'd definitely consult batfe or rent an apartment. Hood used to make exceptions for reenactors and collectors displaying stuff but I no longer would risk such a venture at all. Check double check it's not worth having one self important misinformed assistant manager wannabe ruin your life.
View Quote

Are you talking about class 3 stuff or all guns?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Title II stuff, in particular the items the people I know were machine guns. But I would assume since title I guns are illegal to bring through the gate even with a LTC then a SBR, SBS, DD, AOW, MG, Suppressor or Pez dispenser would all be treated the same.
 My son is in the Army and my brother the Navy. My brother told me just this week that the Navy was considering allowing LTC holders keep their handgun in there POV. Things change all the time. It might be helpful to be more detailed what you want to do. My advice would be live off base and enjoy your toys. Plenty of guys in the area do. Best of luck
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Im at Hood, I was told by PMO no SBRs or MGs on post as per regulation.  Suppressors were always assumed to be prohibited but somebody challenged the actual regulation so technically they are allowed, however expect to fight it if MPs or PMO find out.

Theres no reason to live on Fort Hood, and since they closed down the POW range no reason to bring firearms on post at all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im at Hood, I was told by PMO no SBRs or MGs on post as per regulation.  Suppressors were always assumed to be prohibited but somebody challenged the actual regulation so technically they are allowed, however expect to fight it if MPs or PMO find out.

Theres no reason to live on Fort Hood, and since they closed down the POW range no reason to bring firearms on post at all.
View Quote

No, Unless there is a new Reg

Please page 10/11 here

http://www.hood.army.mil/dhr/pubs/fhr190-11.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top