Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 4:38:07 PM EDT
Wife got a great new job with great benefits but in order for me to partake I need a copy of my birth certificate by 2-8-17!

I already signed up for the state one but didn't see that even with quick ship it still takes two to three weeks for processing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#1]
i used https://www.vitalchek.com/ last time when i realized my passport was expired and i was about to go on a cruise.

these look to offer an express option too

http://use.fastbirthcertificates.com/

https://www.expressvitals.com/
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends if you need a Long Form or not. Dallas County for instance, does not have long forms for many birth years. Some counties have their act together, some don't. The Dallas County short forms are basically worthless in terms of passports, proof of birth etc which makes them worthless(and that whole office of people).

I heard it was also possible to show up in person to the Office of Vital Statistics in Austin and get one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck if you need one from the City of Houston. It took me a little over a month to get one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wife got a great new job with great benefits but in order for me to partake I need a copy of my birth certificate by 2-8-17!

I already signed up for the state one but didn't see that even with quick ship it still takes two to three weeks for processing.
View Quote

Quickest way is to go to clerk who issues BC and request one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]
In houston you go to the county office by nrg stadium, and get in line.  Takes about 1 hour.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I was born in Dallas county so I need one from there.

The wife's new insurance company requires everyone's(supplementally insured)birth cert AND the front copy of our last tax return(listing everyone's SS)with figures blocked out.  

My buddy said when he got on at AB 12 years ago he needed to show a birth certificate but that was for him.

The wife is with a fortune 100 company so I guess they can throw out some hoops.

Thanks for your responses.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Clerk's office near Dealey Plaza. No line last summer when wife went to get hers for passport.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
In my search I found that when I ordered a BC for my daughter(so we could get a replacement SS card)I called a number in Austin and got it pretty quick. Luckily, I saved the paperwork so I had a phone number to reach out to. Of course the original person has moved on after 2.5 years but I left a message anyway.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Clerk's office near Dealey Plaza. No line last summer when wife went to get hers for passport.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but I'm four hours away now.
I hope I can get this done over the phone.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:50:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Verify with HR if they will accept anything else as verification.  Many times they just say BC but will take other documents when asked.  Not everyone has a BC (think refugee)
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks san angelo. I don't know if this whole thing is legal but I'm trying to do my part(for the household).

My accountant suggested going to DC's website and getting one. Looked it up and sure as shit it's all there. Just have to wait a couple more minutes until they open.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Vitalchek.

Already have a tracker by number for next day air.
And the lady who helped me told me it's a new thing: all dependents need to be vetted.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The wife's new insurance company requires everyone's(supplementally insured)birth cert AND the front copy of our last tax return(listing everyone's SS)with figures blocked out.  

My buddy said when he got on at AB 12 years ago he needed to show a birth certificate but that was for him.

The wife is with a fortune 100 company so I guess they can throw out some hoops.

Thanks for your responses.
View Quote

If you were born in the City of Dallas...

Vital Statistics is located in the Main Library, 1515 Young St.  We've worked on improving their customer service (response time) for walk-in customers.  The line may be long, but they are pretty good at getting the required documents done and in your hands rather quickly.

mm
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Vitalchek.

Already have a tracker by number for next day air.
And the lady who helped me told me it's a new thing: all dependents need to be vetted.
View Quote

cool.  not the cheapest but didn't feel like i got bent over a barrel either.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#15]
To be delivered today. Yeehaw.

Now on to the tax returns!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

cool.  not the cheapest but didn't feel like i got bent over a barrel either.
View Quote

I would pay a large amount to not stand in a gov line
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Go to your county in which you were born and request a copy they usually are like $5-15.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would pay a large amount to not stand in a gov line
View Quote

+1, waited until the last day to pay property taxes on year.  that was a mess.  everyone getting registration stickers, title transfers.... i didn't think about just going down to the post office and getting it postmarked that day and calling it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#19]
The quickest way would be to drive to the county clerks office in Dallas county and get it in person.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I was born in Dallas County but needed a replacement BC to travel to mexico a few years ago. I went to an office in Plano and was out of there in ten minutes and most of that was because I let a couple go in front of me that was getting a wedding license. Cost fifteen bucks IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I was born in dallas but was living in austin when mine got stolen. I went to the state vital records office in austin, walked in, filled out a form, gave proof of my ID (DL & SSC i think), paid the fee, and was outta there in 30min with an official copy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i used https://www.vitalchek.com/ last time when i realized my passport was expired and i was about to go on a cruise.
]
View Quote

I have used vitalchek and they can be pretty fast.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#23]
After all that crap the wife's company said not to worry about it since she hired on Jan 9 and not Jan 1. I don't get them difference but they said no proof necessary.

Yes, vitalchek is awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top