Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2017 11:53:03 AM EDT
Morning...

I live in CT and I'm in Dallas for a few days on business. As a lot of you probably know, the AR market up north is especially difficult these days. The only AR platform firearms we are legally allowed to purchase is pre bans and prices are WAY over inflated. I'm here asking if anyone has a lead on a local shop in the Dallas area that may have any pre ban stock. Paying $2500 for an AR just isn't something I'm willing to do.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure about CT laws. Are you looking to buy a complete rifle built prior to a certain date? Or just a lower? I assume that you can use a new upper as long as it doesn't have and banned features?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
That is correct. I am looking specifically for a pre 1994 complete rifle or lower.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Your best chance is to hit one of the gun shows on the weekend.  Unless you find a member selling one by chance most gun stores are going to have new stuff because we have no limitations.  Maybe, a Cabelas might have one as they tend to get a lot of used guns in and out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is correct. I am looking specifically for a pre 1994 complete rifle or lower.
View Quote

That might be tough. I think the gun show might be a good bet. Or a WTB add in the EE? I wouldn't know where to begin to figure out what models are pre 94'. Maybe pawn shops but that might be a crap shoot. Good luck with your search.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
OP cannot buy directly from a nonlicensee. He would need to have the Texas seller ship it to a licensed dealer in CT or transfer possession through a TX dealer.

Texas dealers may be hesitant to transfer any firearm to a resident of CT because of that states laws regarding firearms.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP cannot buy directly from a nonlicensee. He would need to have the Texas seller ship it to a licensed dealer in CT or transfer possession through a TX dealer.

Texas dealers may be hesitant to transfer any firearm to a resident of CT because of that states laws regarding firearms.
View Quote

This is correct also. I already have an FFL  set up to accept any transfer if I find something to buy. Thanks for the responses one and all. I wish I was going to be around long enough for the gun show next weekend, but it's not gonna happen for me this time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
How are you set on mags?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How are you set on mags?
View Quote

We'll we're currently limited to purchasing 10 rounders. Anything over 10 had to be registered with the state

With that being said, I registered 50 thirty round pmags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top