Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2017 2:45:22 PM EDT
Cablelas has the new sig 10mm

Circumstances have forced me out of 10 mms.

I'm me for info.

Txl
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have gotten bit the by the bug but nothing too serious. I purchased a Delta Elite and a 10mm conversion barrel for my Glock 21 but I have not shot the latter yet. I want to get it threaded for 5/16-24 or 16mm left hand so that I can use my Octane 45 can on both Glock barrels but have been holding off for a cheaper option. If I were in Dallas I would probably see what you were getting rid of.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't mind one although Im about six months out from being able to shoot again unless I learn to shoot left handed. Royally screwed up my right arm and just now starting to work on getting the shoulder working again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but I just got into .308 Winchester so I'm trying to pace myself on pricey calibers.

Thinking of nabbing one of those new railed Delta Elites in the coming year though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have gotten bit the by the bug but nothing too serious. I purchased a Delta Elite and a 10mm conversion barrel for my Glock 21 but I have not shot the latter yet. I want to get it threaded for 5/16-24 or 16mm left hand so that I can use my Octane 45 can on both Glock barrels but have been holding off for a cheaper option. If I were in Dallas I would probably see what you were getting rid of.
View Quote

Do you think there will be any effective suppressing of the 10mm round?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a threaded 10mm barrel but I don't recall the round suppressing very well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I run a Osprey40 on my Glock20 and it works very well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Loading 200gr @ 1050ish fps isn't using the 10mm potential, but it's not chicken feed for a subsonic load.

I never shot suppressed when I was into 10mm, but my .40 IPSC load (200 @ 850) sounded fine out of my G22 with Octane .45 on it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I started a thread in the Handgun section on its current viability as I'm currently interested.

The problem is:

1.  Buy ammo from only one or two makers loading it to capacity
2.  Roll your own

In either case, there is still no adequate, modern hollowpoint in .40/10mm designed around the velocity envelope of full on 10mm loads.  The best you can do is deep penetrating FMJ or hardcast loads......I can load .45 ACP FMJs really hot in a gun that can take them (like an HK) and make bigger deep penetrating holes.

When you look at the math and compute muzzle energy, 200 grains at 1250 sounds cool.  Once you start looking at the wound profiles though it gets kind of "meh".

I still might get one though just because.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I started a thread in the Handgun section on its current viability as I'm currently interested.

The problem is:

1.  Buy ammo from only one or two makers loading it to capacity
2.  Roll your own

In either case, there is still no adequate, modern hollowpoint in .40/10mm designed around the velocity envelope of full on 10mm loads.  The best you can do is deep penetrating FMJ or hardcast loads......I can load .45 ACP FMJs really hot in a gun that can take them (like an HK) and make bigger deep penetrating holes.

When you look at the math and compute muzzle energy, 200 grains at 1250 sounds cool.  Once you start looking at the wound profiles though it gets kind of "meh".

I still might get one though just because.
View Quote

After I saw Ted Nugent shoot one, I kinda always considered it a hunting round. Some of those guys on the Alaskan tv shows tote around 10mm's too, just for bear.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
10mm is my hunting pistol   SnW 610

Would like to shoot the EAA 6" Hunter model........see what it is like.

Also got a bug for the new BRNO 7.5mm pistol.     100 grn hp leaves barrel at 2,000 fps.     Video is impressive.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a new Tanfoglio full size in 10MM last year,love it! [EAA Witness]
Soaks up hot loads pretty well too. I have turned to CZ's in the last few years,so
it was an easy choice for me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]
FBI is looking for a 10 mm mp5.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Dear Lord I want to!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#14]
The FBI has 10mm MP5s and they are getting rid of them. The MP5 was apparently not beefed up when they chambered it in 10mm and they are falling apart. The Agents that have them will be getting short barreled AR's to replace them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#15]
FBI tried the 10mm when Colt was making the Delta Elite.   SnW got the contract.  But, the SnW design was ridiculously cumbersome.  I could barely get my big hands around the thing.  
They ended up dumping all those models and SnW came up with the 40SnW caliber to replace it.    It is amazing how a major pistol manufacturer would release such a bad design.  But then Colt did the same with several of their models.    Sig, Glock, Tanfanglio and EAA didn't have problems coming out with a 10mm that would handle well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FBI tried the 10mm when Colt was making the Delta Elite.   SnW got the contract.  But, the SnW design was ridiculously cumbersome.  I could barely get my big hands around the thing.  
View Quote

Really? Seemed like an average size grip to me (you want big, try a Mark 23. 1/4" bigger grip than a USP). The biggest issue I had with the 1076 was its weight. Outside of a duty holster, all holsters I tried could not contain the weight and the gun constantly pulled the belt. My preference would have been a 1046, but those are uber rare. So I go with a Glock 20 or a single stack 1911 now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Really? Seemed like an average size grip to me (you want big, try a Mark 23. 1/4" bigger grip than a USP). The biggest issue I had with the 1076 was its weight. Outside of a duty holster, all holsters I tried could not contain the weight and the gun constantly pulled the belt. My preference would have been a 1046, but those are uber rare. So I go with a Glock 20 or a single stack 1911 now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a few FBI Agents that were issued the 10mm and the ones I've talked to liked the gun. However, they agreed with you on the weight. It's a good gun for a patrolman's duty holster but it sucks as a gun for a plainclothes Agent. Back in the day, I carried a 4506 while in uniform and it was great. I never noticed the weight with the heavy Sam Browne belt I used. On the other hand, I never tried to carry it off duty because of the size/weight.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mk23 grip is comfortable to me...

So is the M9 for that matter.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mk23 grip is comfortable to me...

So is the M9 for that matter.
View Quote

Me too, but it is larger.

Single stack 1076, not very big.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top