Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/1/2016 8:22:22 AM EDT
I went to sleep with one arfcom and woke up to a different arfcom!

Is it my iPad? Is anyone else awake yet?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I went to sleep with one arfcom and woke up to a different arfcom!

Is it my iPad? Is anyone else awake yet?
View Quote

Same here, looks weird

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Happy December 1?

Not that they needed my permission but... A warning would be nice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, not you. I'm on my PC and its changed "bigly". 0_o
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't love it, but I suppose in time I'll get used to it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]
There was a post in team about the change.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was a post in team about the change.
View Quote

It has been discussed at length in GD as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#7]
You... are...freaking...out...man.....
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#8]
"New Coke"

It will take some getting used to...
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Did they move it to an Apple server?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#10]
How do I get it off old people mode?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah no doubt.  I'm not THIS old yet.

If anything, I hope the old editor dies a quick death and this one does not completely suck.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#12]
where the flying fuck is the active topics button...?

edit: found it
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I was a beta tester and have been on the new site for a couple of weeks now. It takes a little bit of getting used to but I actually like it better than the old site.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#14]
This change is pretty terrible.  75% of my screen on my laptop screen is an advertisement and site notices bar on top and a giant distorted avatar bar on the left.  On this thread I cant even see the first posters sig line without scrolling down.

Apparently the former mobile site is dead as well and messaging a 404 and something about spongebob.

I am just using the https ARL mirror site now.   You know the change is bad when the ARL site has a better/more usable layout.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#15]
The display is cleaner but a lot less info, or it's been put somewhere else.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's been AARPified.  3 times less Information displayed with monster sized font.  Decreasing browser zoom doesn't help... all useless space.  300% less efficient.

The layout and default font size choice is most striking -- why in gods name would you double the default font size when that's baked into personal prefs for the computer and browser itself?  Huge derp.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#17]
They couldn't even be bothered to add a return to topic, page selection option, or drop down menus to access sub forums in the task bar.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Ctrl -" will decrease font size.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This change is pretty terrible.  75% of my screen on my laptop screen is an advertisement and site notices bar on top and a giant distorted avatar bar on the left.  On this thread I cant even see the first posters sig line without scrolling down.
View Quote

Yeah I measured it close to 80%.

I also notice one line posts use 6-10 lines of space.

Does anyone even test these things before rolling them out?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#20]
The mobile version of the page is not to bad... now the over use of black sucks a little but its not as bad as the old mobile version.  Hell the old mobile version sucked bad enough that i would use the desktop version on my phone.

On a side note the post count for each user does not display on the mobile version .... not sure what the elite members are going to do as they seem to use this to determine the worth of members.. especially the non lawyers that try and give legal advise to show they know how to read legal documents but really don't know how to interpret them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, I was sick to my stomach earlier, now looking at the new ARFcom has made it worse!  I'm going to go blind reading this small type and font type too.  I tried enlarging the size in the forum preferences, but that didn't work.  Crappy font on a white background is hard to read.  The other changes will be ok after I get used to them, but have to say this change will definitely decrease the amount of time I spend surfing this site compared to the old format.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't find the equipment exchange; only the "new posts"!
Maybe that's what I get for using a tablet.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Not feeling it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#25]
If it ain't broke!
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#26]
It was broken, it needed scalability, whatever the fuck that means. I just want to be able to get the newest topics from the entire site like in the old days. Glad I didn't renew after the April Fools Fiasco.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:35:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If it ain't broke!
View Quote

It was. It was old as hell and sucks on mobile devices. A lot has changed in web technology since the website had its last upgrade. A website designed for Windows XP just doesn't compete on the internet these days.  

I welcome the change. Now if we could get some modern emojis.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It was. It was old as hell and sucks on mobile devices. A lot has changed in web technology since the website had its last upgrade. A website designed for Windows XP just doesn't compete on the internet these days.  

I welcome the change. Now if we could get some modern emojis.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Someone needs to adjust the contrast on the threads so you can see which are new and old. They both have the same folder icon with a slightly different shade of gray.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Someone needs to adjust the contrast on the threads so you can see which are new and old. They both have the same folder icon with a slightly different shade of gray.
View Quote

For me it shows black for new and gray for old
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two not that different shades of gray here.  Haven't tried on a mobile device.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mobile for me has a big difference ...
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are on a pc, click on one of the little icons in the top right corner that looks like a torso, a list pops up with forum preferences.  Click on that and you can change the site skin colors to something different and see if that helps.  I changed it and it helped me see a little better.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#36]
GAWD, the "new improved" verision is AWFULL!!

I liked being able to see a smattering of topics under active.  Now all that is gone.

When I go to the Texas Equipement Exchange, I can only see ONE freaking page, (There is no way I know of to go past the first page)

If things don't get sorted out quickly, I see my credit card company issuing me a refund from my recent renewal...

Been here since 2004 and just can't believe what a mess the "new" format is...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you are on a pc, click on one of the little icons in the top right corner that looks like a torso, a list pops up with forum preferences.  Click on that and you can change the site skin colors to something different and see if that helps.  I changed it and it helped me see a little better.
View Quote

I changed the skin color from black to blue. I made the difference in contrast much better.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#38]
No bueno.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When I go to the Texas Equipement Equipment Exchange (FIFY ), I can only see ONE freaking page, (There is no way I know of to go past the first page)...........
View Quote

This.......one page is non paying member vew
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh that was as intuitive as hell...

Not.

Clearly the new layout is designed by millennials.

ETA:  Magnum post
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#41]
It's not as bad as it could be, I've seen others forum go through worse.  I think it might have helped if they'd shown what it would look like before they rolled it out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This.......one page is non paying member vew
View Quote

Well, since I've paid my renewal back a ways, Just more of the Jack Up in this mess.

I totally HATE the "new improved" AR15.com

So Whom do we file protest with since I paid for my membership, but my search is treated like I'm NOT a paid member?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Also, how do I check feedback on someone who(hopefully)wants to buy something I have listed? Used to be a simple eyeball could do it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Also, how do I check feedback on someone who(hopefully)wants to buy something I have listed? Used to be a simple eyeball could do it.
View Quote

Looks like you hover over the dollar sign below their avatar.  It eventually pops up with the details.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm noticing a LOT more weird shit now than when I was beta testing. The beta version worked pretty damn good but what was rolled out doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Well it looks like some more changes have been made.

I am starting to like what they have done
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Personally, I liked the '3 lined menu box' and the Arfcom logo bar when it stuck to the top of the page while scrolling down. I could have done without the extra clutter of a redundant menu bar for 'active topics', 'newest topics', 'subscriptions', etc. All of those were available in the tools menu icon.

I guess a lot of people here were too lazy to click on a menu icon and had to have a 'special snowflake box' rendered to get to those choices. 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Personally, I liked the '3 lined menu box' and the Arfcom logo bar when it stuck to the top of the page while scrolling down. I could have done without the extra clutter of a redundant menu bar for 'active topics', 'newest topics', 'subscriptions', etc. All of those were available in the tools menu icon.

I guess a lot of people here were too lazy to click on a menu icon and had to have a 'special snowflake box' rendered to get to those choices. 
View Quote

We're not lazy ... we like to bitch .... now get off my lawn
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We're not lazy ... we like to bitch .... now get off my lawn
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top