BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 4:51:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just keep OCT and OCTC out or it and maybe it will pass this time.

I followed OC last session. It wasn't pretty.
View Quote

Pretty much this ^^^^^^

Still need to keep the LTC for gun purchases and out of state reciprocal carry.

Maybe constitutional carry wil help get people to actually carry instead of leaving guns in cars which is a huge source of stolen / crime guns.

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why any crime if you're just in a bar with a concealed weapon?  Sure, if you decide to drink, make it a crime.  Walking into Frank's Taco Hut and Bar with a gun and no intention of drinking should never be a crime (unless the owner is putting up .06 and .07 signs, even as silly as that is).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fees for licensing are high - Could be better (Off the top of my head - LA is $125 but has an option for lifetime at $500, Utah is $40, AZ is $60, MS is $100 as examples)
Giving TXDPS access to medical and mental health records - Gross
51% signs which make carrying an instant felony - Lame
Open carry without permit - 20-ish states don't require a permit to OC

Texas is "ok".  Con Carry will make it better, but there's always room for improvement.

The problem with 'lifetime' permits is those permits won't bypass the NICS check. To bypass NICS you have to renew every 5 years for a new background check.

As fucked up as so many bars and restaurants are around here at posting their 51% sign, the penalty needs to be dropped to a  class 'A' misdemeanor unless intoxicated.

Why any crime if you're just in a bar with a concealed weapon?  Sure, if you decide to drink, make it a crime.  Walking into Frank's Taco Hut and Bar with a gun and no intention of drinking should never be a crime (unless the owner is putting up .06 and .07 signs, even as silly as that is).

The 30.06/30.07 signs along with 51% needs to go away. These signs are the biggest source of stolen guns from vehicles. This needs to he handed to the MSM and the owners that put up 30.06/30.07 signs.

To me 30.07 by itself is just plain stupid, trying to shield the sheeple's eyes from seeing a handgun in a holster??
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Texas is surrounded by constitutional carry states. Then there is Mexico. WTF is wrong with us? I have to PAY money to exercise my rights while me PAYING does NOTHING to stop a criminal from carrying a weapon? Joe Straus is the hold up in the legislature. He is the ONE person we need to focus on. Call him. I did. I explained to his office the lack of logic that he is displaying and that my campaign donations will go to his opponent JUST based on this issue. I`m sick of having to PAY to have my travel trailer "inspected" while I see illegal immigrants driving around in beater mini vans with bald tires waiting to kill my family on the road. Same damn thing IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Texas is surrounded by constitutional carry states. Then there is Mexico. WTF is wrong with us? I have to PAY money to exercise my rights while me PAYING does NOTHING to stop a criminal from carrying a weapon? Joe Straus is the hold up in the legislature. He is the ONE person we need to focus on. Call him. I did. I explained to his office the lack of logic that he is displaying and that my campaign donations will go to his opponent JUST based on this issue. I`m sick of having to PAY to have my travel trailer "inspected" while I see illegal immigrants driving around in beater mini vans with bald tires waiting to kill my family on the road. Same damn thing IMHO.
View Quote

Joe Straus is not the gun owner's friend. TSRA needs to quit endorsing this asshole.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
How is this possible? I thought that the Leg was out until 2018.

Anyhow, I am 100% in support of Constitutional Carry. In fact, I would support an amendment to the state constitution stripping the legislature of the power to regulate the wearing of arms.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 5:29:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Anyhow, I am 100% in support of Constitutional Carry. In fact, I would support an amendment to the state constitution stripping the legislature of the power to regulate the wearing of arms.
View Quote

A Constitutional Amendment, which would be voted on by the people would be the best thing, but would be a real shit storm to get passed. The retards in the MSM would blow everything out of proportion. These retards blew open carry out of proportion, think of what they will do about requiring the governement to give up power.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For the first time ever I actually agree with you.  I know in some other states, some of which are more on the blue side, you can conceal or open carry in a bar as long as your lips don't touch alcohol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bars and restaurants don't determine if they are 51%, the TABC does.  IMO, it is already unlawful to carry when intoxicated, so 51% should go away.  

For the first time ever I actually agree with you.  I know in some other states, some of which are more on the blue side, you can conceal or open carry in a bar as long as your lips don't touch alcohol.

For example, in Massachusetts, once you have your CHL, you can carry in bars.

If a blue state like MA can allow guns in bars, TX should be able to.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

They meet in odd number years

Bills are always filed in November and December before each session.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My early onset senility had me thinking that they were in session this spring and that they met every other year. Time really is starting to fly.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A Constitutional Amendment, which would be voted on by the people would be the best thing, but would be a real shit storm to get passed. The retards in the MSM would blow everything out of proportion. These retards blew open carry out of proportion, think of what they will do about requiring the governement to give up power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, only about 5-7% of the voters actually vote on constitutional amendments. The exception was the year that gay marriage was on the ballot, I think that there was around 20%...if I recall correctly.

Let them blow it out of proportion all they want. I don't think anyone watches the news anyways. Remember the election? The MSM were all campaigning for Hillary...and Trump won handily.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top