Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be by on Thursday.  
View Quote

around what time?  as good an excuse as any to take the wife out for a drink.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats Man!!!  Always good to see pro 2A businesses, best of luck!!  Don't get through Houston much but when I do I'll make a point to stop by!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to go!
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the warning.....LOL

Miss ya brother!
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:06:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. So No Thursdays...LOL

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#7]
OK, Houston Crew!  When are we effing doing this?

I am 40 miles North, but, hey, we need a "holiday get together" or something.

So, Mr. Owner, you have more than beer and wine, right?

SC-Texas?  NFAInvestments?  All you guys and gals in the Houston ARFCOM army started by me and SC-Texas, we need to get together.

Even Ms. Coz will have to come. Since it is downtown, maybe a Saturday afternoon, or Sunday Houston Texans game meet up?

Cheers all

Coz_45 aka Randy Cosby...formerly fat boy..but I'm down about 63 lbs....LOL
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be by on Thursday.  

I have a meeting on Washington at 3, so probably about 4:30.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#9]
You're just a few blocks from Sammy's Wild Game Grill and I visit there all the time. I'll have to swing by for a beer when I'm in the area.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
NICE!! I will see you there! And bring in lots of  business
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes we have more than beer and wine. Food, liqour, and some patio games. See you guys tonight! I'll be in by 5 or 6 but the bar will open by 4. Can't wait to meet you guys!
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OK, Houston Crew!  When are we effing doing this?

I am 40 miles North, but, hey, we need a "holiday get together" or something.

So, Mr. Owner, you have more than beer and wine, right?

SC-Texas?  NFAInvestments?  All you guys and gals in the Houston ARFCOM army started by me and SC-Texas, we need to get together.

Even Ms. Coz will have to come. Since it is downtown, maybe a Saturday afternoon, or Sunday Houston Texans game meet up?

Cheers all

Coz_45 aka Randy Cosby...formerly fat boy..but I'm down about 63 lbs....LOL
View Quote

Count me in also!

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats!  Next time I'm in Houston I check it out.  I actually have to make a trip soon.  I need to recustomize my gun case since I sold my my NV.  I don't remember the arfcommer's name on here that does it but I have his info.  Gives me an excuse to do it!
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm, I'll be in Houston on dec 5th-9th, will have to stop by.

Any cute female bartenders???
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

My friends had an unwritten rule at their bar about customers boinkng the staff, and the employees were asked not to boink the customers, or each other. This was after a decade in business and having constant issues with customer/staff relationships going south quickly. They discovered it helped keep staff and customer turnover to a minimum.
Again, it was a strong suggestion, not a written rule.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Tagging so I don't forget about this next time I'm in Houston
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My friends had an unwritten rule at their bar about customers boinkng the staff, and the employees were asked not to boink the customers, or each other. This was after a decade in business and having constant issues with customer/staff relationships going south quickly. They discovered it helped keep staff and customer turnover to a minimum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is this shit, either yes or no
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like a place to check out!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice, I was raised and still live in the area. I will be by this week for some beer and grub to check it out. Thanks for the discount as well, very generous
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Did they close???

Here now and no one is here.

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:55:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did they close???

View Quote

sorry, cold weather knocked out a fuse in our power panel. couldn't open today. sucks because we lost out on the college football business :(
we'll be up and running in no time; hope to see you soon!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:26:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I will check it out next time I'm stuck in HOU!

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Do you have dart boards?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did they close???

View Quote

Shut off the lights and locked the door when you pulled into the parking lot?

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Been working on this for a while... Didn't buy guns or ammo for a year... Seen way too little range time lately (down to once a month). Because I've been busy building and opening a new bar on Washington Ave in Houston!

The bar is called Atlas Pub, and it's a laid back place with a large deck, plenty of seating inside, and a sexy roof top bar too! We've got 40 beers on draft and at least 40 more in bottles and cans, and if you look at the Yelp reviews so far, our food is pretty darn good too :)

I wish license holders could carry here, but we're a 51% place. The free parking lots behind us and next to us are pretty safe and well lit though. I will also check in your weapon for you if you become a regular. I want to extend an invite to ALL of you, and I want to offer all arfcommers a 15% discount off your entire tab. This is a permanent discount that never expires. Just ask for the arfcom discount when settling up! Least I can do for the Pro2A community that has helped me out so much through the years.

Thanks for all your support in advance. A few years ago, when I was working for another bar and the NRA convention came to town, I had the chance to host several parties for the convention attendees and made a lot of new friends. I'll be contacting you guys individually very soon to talk about future events soon!

PS. Like us on facebook! Just search our name.
View Quote

You can easily fix the gun ban problem by installing some good quality gun boxes at the entrance.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Living in Lubbock, I don't get out to Houston very often... usually just once every few years for a conference.

But will put your establishment 'on the list' of places to stop by next time I'm in town.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:31:34 AM EDT
[#27]
This is awesome! I'm going to come drink your beer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats. I live in Katy but I have friends that live in the Heights and we go down there quite a bit. I'll bring my crew in next time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in N Dallas but we visit Katy several times a year. Next time we are there I'll see if we can pop over and check the place out!

One question: Do you have liquors as well? For some reason I can't drink beer lately - terrible headaches if I drink any 'real' beer, even just one.

For those looking, here is their Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/atlaspubhtx/
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice!
Good luck! Wishing you great success.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like a nice place for a beer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#32]
/Like COZ 45 said, maybe  we need a Tuesday night gathering.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:28:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Good thing to know since I'm moving down there soon!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#34]
A buddy and I were going to stop by for lunch and beers but you were closed...
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A buddy and I were going to stop by for lunch and beers but you were closed...
View Quote

Is it still open?

Me, the GF and another couple are planning a visit this Saturday nite.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I might be able to make a Saturday night visit. Y'all will be open I assume?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#37]
I got a couple of friends in the Houston area I've been meaning to visit.  I'll definitely have to stop by when I do!
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Do you have a full lunch menu or just some bar grub?  I work downtown its only a few minutes away and may hit your place up for lunch if theres food.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Well I'm here now with my crew. Nice place, really. The bartender was not familiar with the ARFCOM discount. I showed him this post and he gave me the discount on our first round. Not sure he wants to do it for the next rounds, but I'm not looking for a charity. Drinks are priced right anyway.

Just so you know the bartender was the guy with the pony tail. He was very friendly. Just didn't know about us ARFCOMer's. ;)  I asked if the owner was in and he said no.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well I'm here now with my crew. Nice place, really. The bartender was not familiar with the ARFCOM discount. I showed him this post and he gave me the discount on our first round. Not sure he wants to do it for the next rounds, but I'm not looking for a charity. Drinks are priced right anyway.

Just so you know the bartender was the guy with the pony tail. He was very friendly. Just didn't know about us ARFCOMer's. ;)  I asked if the owner was in and he said no.
View Quote

Thanks for stopping in to support! Yea he's new so I'll remind the whole staff about the discount. Pretty much you'll always get it if you ask for it. And it's programmed in the computer to apply to your whole tab round after round, so you don't have to mention it every round. Just mention it before you close out and it'll apply to the whole tab. Wish I had been there to meet you. I'm at the bar a lot. Hope to see you soon!
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got a couple of friends in the Houston area I've been meaning to visit.  I'll definitely have to stop by when I do!
View Quote

please do!
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Do you have a full lunch menu or just some bar grub?  I work downtown its only a few minutes away and may hit your place up for lunch if theres food.
View Quote

Our current hours are 4p-2a M-F
11a-2a on the weekends

So if you're strying to come in for lunch on a weekday it may not work out. Perhaps a happy hour after work instead? It's a full menu.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:10:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Nice.  Will have to stop by sometime.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top