Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2016 1:12:29 AM EDT
It is around 150 feet of six foot side by side cedar  pickets. I want metal posts and a kickboard at the bottom and no fancy trim. I have gotten bids from 2750 - 4500. You guys know a good reasonable company?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Built my own when I was in McKinney.

Saved a ton of money from what the companies quoted, made it more than worth my time and the fence was done right.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont know about cost wise but this is my buddys company and they do very good work.

Plano Fence
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#3]
We have used these guys with great satisfaction, A1 Texas Fencing.  Dustin is the guy's name we've dealt with.  We recommended him to our neighbors (at the time we were still in TX) and they all had work done by him as well without issue.

http://a1texas.info/
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Tried to submit an online bid X2 to Plano Fence and it was kicked back X2. Sent them an email
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Email submitted to A-1. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tried to submit an online bid X2 to Plano Fence and it was kicked back X2. Sent them an email
View Quote

Ok, sorry about that. I contacted him and let him know it needs to be fixed. He should get back with you soon.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
About a year ago I started planning on replacing my twenty year old SxS 6ft fence. On dog walks I started admiring the nicer fences in my neighborhood. Quite a few were built by Wylie Fence & Deck 972-442-6223

126ft of 6' cedar board on board, 1x4
1x2 double trim
two gates
2x6 baseboard
staining
removal of old fence

One day to tear down, set metal posts in concrete.
Next day put up new fence.
After letting raw wood dry out they'll come out and stain it a couple of months later (takes about an hour and a half)

$5500
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the replies guys!

Dam
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Wylie Fence
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#10]
So who did you go with?
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Curious, although after the hail storm, I may have answered this...

Why so few vinyl fences down here? Had a fence done on our house back in Buffalo...we looked at vinyl and wood, went with vinyl (with a really good company, done right, great warranty)...I liked the vinyl because of the low maintenance. It was more expensive than wood, but once in, pretty much maintenance free...

Down here the wood takes such a beating from the sun, you pretty much have to be re-staining it all the time...

We may be looking at redoing one side of our fence, so good thread!
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Ended up going with Frisco Fence. They are starting in the AM. I will keep you posted.

Dan
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I will say this -

I got a lot of quotes.  I am happy with my fence.... but if I had to do it all over again, I'd have paid more.... and gone with Hancock Fence.

Duck Fence and Wylie Fence had similar quotes and appear to be of similar quality.  (I'd give the edge to Duck based on construction materials)

I went with a smaller company and was not impressed.  I had to watch them like a hawk - they tried all kinds of half-assed little shortcuts any chance they could, and had to come back several times to address things that should never have been acceptable in the first place.  

Mine was 8 foot, board on board.

Issues I had:

1.  They didn't dig out the previous posts, they just cut them off at the ground level, and left some too high where I could still see them.
2.  They tried tried to install a bent pole, I had to contact the owner and get it removed and replaced.
3.  The fence bowed (badly) after the install, apparently because a top cap board they used warped as it dried in the sun.  (wet lumber)
4.  They broke an electrical line for my pool equipment, but they sent out their electrician and repaired it.
5.  They didn't want to haul off the clay they dug out of the holes, they insisted on spreading it around the base of the fence as it was such good "topsoil".  
6.  Their stain guy got stain on my garage door and wood trim on the house.
7.  Several boards didn't line up - they just didn't pay attention to detail in areas where they could.
8.  They didn't stagger the horizontal runners to add strength to the fence as a whole.
9.  They didn't put up any safety barrier after tearing out the old fence, over several days and my pool was exposed as a liability.

It looks great now..... and it was cheaper than the other quotes I got for sure..... but I am not sure it was worth it.  

Every Hancock fence I have seen stands out above all the others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top