Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2016 8:02:58 PM EDT
I'm here for the night. And shithammered drunk in a hotel for the night before going home. Anything I need to experience before I'm in the wind again?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Not in Midland.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm here for the night. And shithammered drunk in a hotel for the night before going home. Anything I need to experience before I'm in the wind again?
View Quote

You left out " must like imitation crab meat and model trains."
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Free booze in the lobby and walking distance to tilted kilt. Bartenders were meh but I'm drunk so game on
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha, I know exactly where you are.  I'm 2 exits up.

At least you were smart enough not to go to Odessa.  A DUI and getting stabbed are now less likely.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haha, I know exactly where you are.  I'm 2 exits up.

At least you were smart enough not to go to Odessa.  A DUI and getting stabbed are now less likely.
View Quote

Not driving. 8:30 am flight out of the massive airport here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
As small as this town is the airport is out of proportion.

Staying downtown can be alright too, a few hangouts down there.

As someone who came here often for work over the years living here now has been strange.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I fly in and drive to Hobbs maybe once a year. Work out of Eunice for a different type of energy than oil.  Then Go home to the trees.  Hobbs airport has midland beat. One gate, 4 total flights a day (2 in 2 out)

Just got stuck here for the night so I'm makin the most of it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a few clients I go see in Midland-Odessa. I like the airport there, simple and the TSA goons are pretty friendly.

I dont fly into HOU, I ride the bike....mo' fun, and my clients get a kick out of me showing up on a bike  
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#9]
You could go see the hospital, I was born there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I am out in Pecos this week...Midland is like NYC compared to Pecos!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Midland is like NYC compared to Pecos!
View Quote

true!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am out in Pecos this week...Midland is like NYC compared to Pecos!
View Quote

There are more houses within a 2 mile radius of my AO (Denton area) than the entire city of Pecos
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a few clients I go see in Midland-Odessa. I like the airport there, simple and the TSA goons are pretty friendly.

I dont fly into HOU, I ride the bike....mo' fun, and my clients get a kick out of me showing up on a bike  
View Quote

At least the restaurant has Stella Artois on draft.  Both times my connecting flight through Denver was canceleld/delayed big time due to lightning (that airport is scared of lightning) I was able to kill a few hours pretty easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top