Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#3]
In for the sprint.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
In for Sunday. Registered back when it opened up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I am in for the Sat run even got a extra ticket, my daughter could not make it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe one of the organizers will check this thread.

What's the penalty for not hitting a long range target? Say you just can't dial in on the 500.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Shooters can spend as much ammo as they want on any of the stages, which is why it is recommended that they carry at least double the necessary rounds.  However, there will be a 3-minute time limit on every stage (subject to change on particular stages as construction is completed and the stages are tested).  If a shooter does not get all of the required hits before time runs out, they will get a Did Not Finish for that stage.  They will still complete the rest of the course and shoot the remaining stages, but a DNF on a stage will put a dent in their overall score for the event.  In similar events, it is common to see a decent percentage of shooters DNF on the harder stages.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be doing the sprint with a whole crew of folks.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I joined a number of volunteers last weekend cutting paths and setting up targets. Lots of hard but enjoyable work.

This course is going to be more of a challenge than you might think.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Practicing at home @ 400 with the SBR.  Going to be fun.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know the width of the long ranges targets?  There is a discussion of yellow tape and height of cross bars to aid ranging but that is not beneficial if you do not have that type of ranging reticle.  The width is of importance for me.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Most will be D targets, so 26" wide and 19" high.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#14]
It looks like we may have a couple of late cancellations for the WTF Biathlon.  I am going to open up 2 more tickets for Saturday.  If interested, jump on the wait-list at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wtf-biathlon-tickets-22699381461
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you mean the NRA D-1 target but it is 30 inches high by 18 inches wide.  Is there a different D target used for the WTF?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#16]
We are borrowing a lot of the targets, and the description I was given for these was D 4/5 rings.  It looks like a head and shoulders and stops about mid-chest.  26" wide, 19" high.  It looks basically like this, though possibly different dimensions/ratios: http://riflemantrainingtargets.com/full_size_aqt.html
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I also have a extra ticket if any one is interested.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else camping out there?
Circumstances may force me to....
View Quote

I am, either tent or just back or sleep in the truck bed
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#20]
There are a bunch of people camping out at the Camping/RV park across the street.  I will be on site Friday and Saturday nights as well.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. Coming in Saturday for the Sunday sprint. May just sleep on cot next to truck. Weather is looking great.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be running the Saturday race. Should be a great time
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I am leaning to the cot beside my truck ideal also.

Quoted:

Same here. Coming in Saturday for the Sunday sprint. May just sleep on cot next to truck. Weather is looking great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Looking forward to see everyone there!

There will be some opportunities to buy raffle tickets and other activates to support the Waco Tactical Fitness mission!

WTF is dedicated to promoting the safe and responsible use of firearms, especially for youth shooting sports, through fund raising events and donations.

Waco Tactical Fitness
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Anybody make it to the camp site yet?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#28]
So any reports from today?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#30]
It was fun. The stages were actually challenging, the pistol specifically. By the time I hit stage 3 it was over a 90 min wait. After that it was smoother.

Next time they should do groups after 12, and solo ppl before 12 and that will speed it up. RO's were fair and friendly, would have liked a tiny bit more hustle from some of them to get the lines moving. Other than that it was a good shoot and well set up. I especially enjoyed the ropes and ladders down by the river.

If they do it again I'll sign up. Would really like to see the groups and solo runners split into two parts of the day though.

It was neat hearing machine gun fire and explosions randomly as you were running through the course.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't really know how I did.

Don't really care.

I do really care I told them I was coming, had ammo conforming to all rules specified, and after taking 5 days off to do it ($X/day missing work +1300miles X 2) and humping 65 extra pounds of gear 2.8 miles, when it came time to insert a mag, I was told "No."

I do care about that.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I liked it had a blast, camped the night in the park cold wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I also had a 1 1/2 hr wait at stage three but that was ok got to see some other rifles and gear rigs. Did not time out on any stage I was surprised at that, I do know I need to go to the eye dr and get my 56 year old eyes some glasses! Oh I did not do the wall or the monkey bars but maybe next time I can preplan a few months ahead and work on that.

On the person that could not use his ammo what was the problem?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I liked it had a blast, camped the night in the park cold wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I also had a 1 1/2 hr wait at stage three but that was ok got to see some other rifles and gear rigs. Did not time out on any stage I was surprised at that, I do know I need to go to the eye dr and get my 56 year old eyes some glasses! Oh I did not do the wall or the monkey bars but maybe next time I can preplan a few months ahead and work on that.

On the person that could not use his ammo what was the problem?
View Quote

I'm betting it was the 50 cal shooter. To be fair they did pretty much say "any gun" on the website.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Don't really care.

I do really care I told them I was coming, had ammo conforming to all rules specified, and after taking 5 days off to do it ($X/day missing work +1300miles X 2) and humping 65 extra pounds of gear 2.8 miles, when it came time to insert a mag, I was told "No."

I do care about that.

View Quote

Care to expand?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Care to expand?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't really care.

I do care about that.

Care to expand?

I think he brought a .50 BMG.

Dude. That's just silly. If you own a .50, you shouldn't need an explanation.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't really care.

I do care about that.

Care to expand?

Silly is right.  So just how thick of a steel plate (and stand) does it take to survive only slightly dented from a 750 gr bullet going 2600 fps?   Let me guess, a muzzle brake too?    Im glad you didnt make it to stage 4.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Care to expand?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't really care.

I do care about that.

Care to expand?

Yes, I was the guy there with the .50

I had been lobbying the Zombie group when the unfortunate accident happened.

When this group started up I got an email that said something like "if you want to bring a 26.5 pound battle rifle with bells lights and a disco ball: Bring it. No caliber restrictions!.."  

I replied with a (litterally) "HELL YEAH!".

I was told they were very much in support of this.

I'm a pretty serious "hobby 50" shooter, probably have popped off 25k bolt,
30k including semi-auto. I know my capabilities,  and the rounds too.

The course of fire was safe for it.

Their concern was damage to the (un disclosed before the event) targets.

50 ball fits the factory loaded no tracer no armor piercing or incindiry rules to a T,

Maybe something good like common downloaded to bolt gun spec. frangible 50 ammo will come from this.

It would keep the pock marks off the AR500 plate.
(Which would happen)
And be more comfortable to shoot.
(Which almost every 50 bolt guy does, back it down from 235 to about 220 grains of powder)

In the end I shot well,  but would have had more fun if I could have shot the 50,
Especially from around, under, and in the car.

For us hardcore cases that would have been awesome.

Maybe next time.

Oh, HEY DAN!!! -I think I left my strap in the back of your vee-hickle.
If you find a big padded sling big enough to haul a 50 with two Uncle Mikes style
swivel stud clips on it: THAT'S MINE, I want that back...

Dan did loan me his plinker to shoot the event.
it was a good little gun.
kudos to him for that.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

When this group started up I got an email that said something like "if you want to bring a 26.5 pound battle rifle with bells lights and a disco ball: Bring it. No caliber restrictions!.."  

50 ball fits the factory loaded no tracer no armor piercing or incindiry rules to a T,

Maybe something good like common downloaded to bolt gun spec. frangible 50 ammo will come from this.

(Which would happen)
(Which almost every 50 bolt guy does, back it down from 235 to about 220 grains of powder)

In the end I shot well,  but would have had more fun if I could have shot the 50,

Maybe next time.

If you find a big padded sling big enough to haul a 50 with two Uncle Mikes style
swivel stud clips on that THAT'S MINE, I want that back...

kudos to hin for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't really care.

I do care about that.

Care to expand?

(Which would happen)

Maybe next time.

swivel stud clips on that THAT'S MINE, I want that back...

kudos to hin for that.

How about on the next run we use your 50 for the "Pick up the random rifle and shoot the bad guy at 700 yards" stage?    Glad you got to do the run anyway.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#39]
If anyone hears about the scores please post 'em up.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I did the course yesterday, but not the sprint today. I thought it was a most EXCELLENT event, and the shooting was fairly advanced which kept things interesting. Having to know holdovers out to 400 (which a LOT of people don't know), shooting underneath cars and having to cant the rifle sideways, etc were fantastic skills to either bring with you or pick up on the fly on the course. They did a great job of making the scenarios somewhat realistic in my opinion, which added to the experience.

I talked to a lot of guys who also found out what gear does or doesn't work for them, especially slings and chest rigs. You end up finding out things you will never pick up unless you bring your gear and do an event like this. Chest rigs bouncing, sling mounts breaking (which happened to me halfway through), double stacked mags on chest rigs preventing people from climbing over the wall, etc. It was a great event and I will try to make more of these going forward.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I hiked the sprint with my brother and niece today.  Had a blast.  This was my first.  Won't be my last.  Really helped identify/highlight some strengths and weaknesses.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Scores are up on the website.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#45]
stage 1 and 2 I sucked. Ended up skipping the wall too after I made a bigger hole in it.

4th overall ain't bad, damn wall penalty destroyed me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Stellar -- you had some incredible Rifle times!  Really awesome run overall.  I'm going to add more targets to Stages 1 and 2 next time for some insurance.  And a 12' wall!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Stellar -- you had some incredible Rifle times!  Really awesome run overall.  I'm going to add more targets to Stages 1 and 2 next time for some insurance.  And a 12' wall!
View Quote

Thanks. I already ordered a different trigger for my glock to try to improve those times.

Already decided, next time I'm just gonna throw all my shit over the wall and then follow it over.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Really didn't think I would be tied for 1st in stage 5... I missed several times having never shot the rifle sideways like that. Guess most everyone else did too .
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Anything you throw over the Wall is considered a donation to ISIS.  Gotta carry it!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#50]
1919 -- Stage 5 was the Tree.  Maybe you're a fast climber!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top