Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:59:01 PM EDT
So did he find his conscience https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/23/cruz-to-reverse-himself-and-support-trump/

Or did he get worried that the RNC would possibly not let him run for president for not honoring is pledge   https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/19/the-head-of-the-gop-says-hell-punish-candidates-who-dont-back-donald-trump-he-cant/

Now let's see what the other spoiled children from the primary do after this
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
He thoroughly and very effectively explained his decision. I'll take him at his word.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Trump endorsed McStain and he did not raise a hand to help trump or come to the convention.

So I don't care what Cruz was thinking but I think he did good for us all by endorsing trump.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So did he find his conscience https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/23/cruz-to-reverse-himself-and-support-trump/

Or did he get worried that the RNC would possibly not let him run for president for not honoring is pledge   https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/19/the-head-of-the-gop-says-hell-punish-candidates-who-dont-back-donald-trump-he-cant/

View Quote

Take your meds. We're all on the same team here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:02:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't care what Cruz was thinking but I think he did good for us all by endorsing trump.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No meds needed .. I just thought it was interesting that his press release was shortly after what the RNC said.  Could the RNC pull off what was said?  Most likely not as the rules would need major changes.

As for the same team comment .    I think you really need to tell that to some supposed republicans like the Bush family.  Now there is a group of people that need meds if the report of Sr Bush wanting to Vote for Hillary is true.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Trump endorsed McStain and he did not raise a hand to help trump or come to the convention.

So I don't care what Cruz was thinking but I think he did good for us all by endorsing trump.
View Quote

I think it's great that he supported Trump.  I just wish the support was there earlier .  It upsets me that people that claim are loyal to the RNC have acted like children.  Just think what the poll numbers would be if all the spoiled children would have supported the winnner like they said they would no matter what.  We have a tight race because of them and it should not be that way.  It's looking more and more like Trump will win but it's still going to be close even with the media trying the best they can to get cankles into office.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think it's great that he supported Trump.  I just wish the support was there earlier .  It upsets me that people that claim are loyal to the RNC have acted like children.  Just think what the poll numbers would be if all the spoiled children would have supported the winnner like they said they would no matter what.  We have a tight race because of them and it should not be that way.  It's looking more and more like Trump will win but it's still going to be close even with the media trying the best they can to get cankles into office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this. The upside to me is that there may be a possibility of Cruz being considered for a Supreme Court nomination. We're not there yet, but it would have been impossible without his endorsement.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Most likely he made the decision so as to limit his blame when Trump loses.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Cruz was smart to support Trump, by not supporting Trump he would have had a hard time by re-elected to the Senate without and RNC support especially if Perry runs for the Senate seat.

The smartest thing Trump could have done was at the first debate, make a statement that Cruz could do more for this country by being on the Supreme Court. Cruz would be making a difference in this country for 30-40 years not just 4-8 years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#10]
It's very unusual for a sitting senator not to win the primary, and is there any evidence Perry is running for that seat?

2018 is an non-presidentail election, only the most dedicated voters vote, it's unlikely Cruz would have a bunch of mad Trump supporters turning out to vote for someone else.

Cruz is a dedicated constutional conservative.  Read his book sometime and you'll understand his background.  He memorized the Constituion as a teen, and is dedicated to its goals.   He doesn't act like a normal political, and people who don't understand him will invent a scheme from him as to why he's done what he has, when the answer is far simpiler

Now does he want to be president, yes.  But Trump is a hard and bitter pill for a constuational conservative to swallow, myself included.  He knows little of that document, or how that document and the ideas it expresses have made us the great country we are.  He actually knows very little of the issues facing us today, or how to solve them, besides goal statements of how it'll be great!

Plus Trump engaged in childish attacks on his wife and father, when such attacks were not needed at all. Trump had the primary won after a close 2nd in Iowa, and first in both NH and SC, plus a big win on Super Tuesday.  He should have realized he'd won it all then, and smoothed the waters for support in the general election.

Shrillery thought is the end of our consitutaionl goverance.  With ammesty for illegals (allowed and cheered on by Winless Paul Ryan (0 for everything he says he's for), gun grabbling by decree and allowed by a gun-hating judicual branch, the USA would turn permananetly into a blue state.  Most times run by democrats, occassionaly a problem solving R would be elected to make things solvent again, but certainly no roll back of any leftist polices would be allowed.  Then back to more leftists to drive the country further to the left.

Cruz may have come to this understanding too, and decided to support Trump, even though Trump doesn't know which Article does what in the constituation, which Cruz has this treasured document memorized.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No meds needed .. I just thought it was interesting that his press release was shortly after what the RNC said.  Could the RNC pull off what was said?  Most likely not as the rules would need major changes.

As for the same team comment .    I think you really need to tell that to some supposed republicans like the Bush family.  Now there is a group of people that need meds if the report of Sr Bush wanting to Vote for Hillary is true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have to tell anyone dick.  I cast my vote the same as everyone else.  But if you want to behave like a Democrat, be my guest.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't have to tell anyone dick.  I cast my vote the same as everyone else.  But if you want to behave like a Democrat, be my guest.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok let's play... How am I acting like a democrat?  But keep it something real not childish crap like you have already shown.

I find it funny that people are going ape shit to defend someone who signed a pledge then acted like a child until his hand was forced to do what he gave his word to do.  He seems like all other politicians to me at this point as he sure has acted like one.

I voted for him every time I could in the past. I can tell you it will be hard to ever vote for him again for pulling the shit he did with the other republican cowards.  If a he can't be a man and do what he said he would do then he is no longer trustworthy.

For now I will continue to hold my nose when I vote.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I prefer Cruz over Trump because I think Cruz can be a very good POTUS and can be better than Trump.  Since Trump wins the nomination, I'll vote for Trump.  Obviously, I prefer Trump to tone down on certain things but that is for Trump to decide.
 Some observations:
 Some of the long-term, old-guard Republican leaders' actions against Trump are sickening me.  It's just to show The good old boys club is alive and well. Seriously...If you got your asses kicked, take it like a man.  Support the nominee in your party.  I thought you f*cking politician has thick skin!?!?!?
 The Bush clan's actions against Trump are totally out of character.  Your son and brother got his asses kicked.  Again...Take it like a man.  Don't start dogpiling with the old guards on Trump and buddy-hugging Hilary.  Shoot...You two POTUS are better than this.  Why act like a bunch of spoiled brats?  Even Barbara Bush was sick at her husband's and children's antics.
 As far as Trump is concerned, people keep saying he doesn't know anything...His platform, policy are limited and vague.  To me, if Trump find the right/best people for the job, then it's all I care about.  Really, comparing Obama of 8 yrs ago and current Obama, Trump is absolutely much better than Obama. Obama is a disgrace.  The other countries laugh at USA for voting for such a weakling, know-nothing POTUS.
 Personally, I don't care for both parties.  When push comes to shove, they have always protected each other and the masses are the ones get screwed in the arse over and over again throughout the history of mankind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer Cruz over Trump because I think Cruz can be a very good POTUS and can be better than Trump.  Since Trump wins the nomination, I'll vote for Trump.  Obviously, I prefer Trump to tone down on certain things but that is for Trump to decide.
 Some observations:
 Some of the long-term, old-guard Republican leaders' actions against Trump are sickening me.  It's just to show The good old boys club is alive and well. Seriously...If you got your asses kicked, take it like a man.  Support the nominee in your party.  I thought you f*cking politician has thick skin!?!?!?
 The Bush clan's actions against Trump are totally out of character.  Your son and brother got his asses kicked.  Again...Take it like a man.  Don't start dogpiling with the old guards on Trump and buddy-hugging Hilary.  Shoot...You two POTUS are better than this.  Why act like a bunch of spoiled brats?  Even Barbara Bush was sick at her husband's and children's antics.
 As far as Trump is concerned, people keep saying he doesn't know anything...His platform, policy are limited and vague.  To me, if Trump find the right/best people for the job, then it's all I care about.  Really, comparing Obama of 8 yrs ago and current Obama, Trump is absolutely much better than Obama. Obama is a disgrace.  The other countries laugh at USA for voting for such a weakling, know-nothing POTUS.
 Personally, I don't care for both parties.  When push comes to shove, they have always protected each other and the masses are the ones get screwed in the arse over and over again throughout the history of mankind.

It's interesting in you saying you wish he would tone it down.  I have talked to several people that say they will not vote for Trump because of his "tone".  When asked they tell me they like the idea they just don't like how he says it.  When asked would they like to see Hillary in office they say no.  Some people are just going to have to get over is "tone" and do what's best as not approving of his "tone" and allowing Hillary to win is not really a answer.

As to some saying Trump has no plan kinda makes me chuckle a little.  If you take a look at most good CEO's they know they have to get the best employees to help make decisions that are going to make his or her company successful.  I have no doubt he would do this as POTUS as his ego will not let him go down as a bad boss.

Maybe one day we will have a real third party to move things forward.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ok let's play... How am I acting like a democrat?  But keep it something real not childish crap like you have already shown.

I find it funny that people are going ape shit to defend someone who signed a pledge then acted like a child until his hand was forced to do what he gave his word to do.  He seems like all other politicians to me at this point as he sure has acted like one.

I voted for him every time I could in the past. I can tell you it will be hard to ever vote for him again for pulling the shit he did with the other republican cowards.  If a he can't be a man and do what he said he would do then he is no longer trustworthy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's say the opposite happened, Cruz won the nomination and Trump came in with a pretty strong second. Now all 17 had said no mater what they would support the nominee. The Trump decides to run third party taking votes from Cruz. I would be pissed at Trump for causing Cruz to lose.

At least Cruz did the right thing, even though Trump was a bit jerky how he treated Cruz.
Then again between Bush and that fucking asshole Kaich, they signed the same pledge and have been total assholes. Kaich has been working hard against Trump up in Ohio, the fucking Jackass would not even go to the convention in his home state.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calling the other candidates "spoiled children"--You sound like the Donald himself--other Republican "Cowards"!  Why don't you drag up the Old "Cruz worked for China"  "Cruz got a loan form Goldman Sachs".  You would rather have KB Hutchinson back?  NO THANKS.  Its over--the only people making hay about endorsements are people with an axe to grind.  No one gives 2 craps.  News wants to stir the pot to make a headline.  They either honor the pledge or they don't.  You may vote accordingly in future elections.  I for one am tired of the name calling everyone is a racist xenophobic gun hugging zealot. I don't need it from the people I support.   My nice is done, so I'll just drag you down to idiot level and beat you with experience.

11th commandment--thou shalt not speak ill of thy own party.  If you want change, get off your ass and you run for senate or campaign for a better one.  Good luck, I'll take Ted over most others--its his votes and bills that matter.  You'd rather have Lindsay Grahm?--he fell right in line didn't he..  

Otherwise go and vote and leave the rest of us be--we get enough crap from the new media without your help.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Calling the other candidates "spoiled children"--You sound like the Donald himself--other Republican "Cowards"!  Why don't you drag up the Old "Cruz worked for China"  "Cruz got a loan form Goldman Sachs".  You would rather have KB Hutchinson back?  NO THANKS.  Its over--the only people making hay about endorsements are people with an axe to grind.  No one gives 2 craps.  News wants to stir the pot to make a headline.  They either honor the pledge or they don't.  You may vote accordingly in future elections.  I for one am tired of the name calling everyone is a racist xenophobic gun hugging zealot. I don't need it from the people I support.   My nice is done, so I'll just drag you down to idiot level and beat you with experience.

11th commandment--thou shalt not speak ill of thy own party.  If you want change, get off your ass and you run for senate or campaign for a better one.  Good luck, I'll take Ted over most others--its his votes and bills that matter.  You'd rather have Lindsay Grahm?--he fell right in line didn't he..  

Otherwise go and vote and leave the rest of us be--we get enough crap from the new media without your help.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So me pointing out that some of the candidates in the primary that nobody wanted and behaved like children not getting their way in the end makes me a democrat?  Remember these are the same people that all agreed that they would support the RNC winner.  Not only did they not honor the pledge they have gone out of their way to work against the winner of the primary they agreed to support.

I know it's upsetting to see Cruz act the way he did but the truth is he did.  I had wanted more from him but he decided to sale out for his own needs.  I am sure he was thinking like the others that did not honor their pledge and just assumed it would be a easy loss and go again in 4 years.  But something happened to his and the others plan.  The RNC said they would make it difficult for them in the future for not following that pledge.

Now let's see how many will try and say I am a idiot for saying this and pull out every excuse they can to explain what happened.  For those that do you are no better then those that support the head idiot we have now.  It just that you hate the idea that almost all if not alll politicians are in it for themselves.

Oh by the way.  China , loan etc??? Really ???  Try better.  Just get over the butt hurt that someone you placed to much hope into acted like other politicians. Besides your "11th". commandment points out that Cruz did Trump wrong.  I guess you don't really believe in it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Starts name calling: check
Acts outraged when favor is returned: check
Requests standard that they can't be bothered to follow: check
Next will act all dignified and above it all--calling a popular senator in his home state a spoiled child.....smh.

If it smells like crap, looks like crap, its prob a Democrat.

How long before you come out and say Cruz/Kaisch/Random 3 guy in Republican race kicks babies and likes it?

Yeah China--you remember the Cruz Campaign against Dewhurst?  That was his (Dewhurst) slime.  Pay attention when you want to spout off about politics.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Starts name calling: check
Acts outraged when favor is returned: check
Requests standard that they can't be bothered to follow: check

If it smells like crap, looks like crap, its prob a Democrat.

How long before you come out and say Cruz/Kaisch/Random 3 guy in Republican race kicks babies and likes it?

Yeah China--you remember the Cruz Campaign against Dewhurst?  That was his (Dewhurst) slime.  Pay attention when you want to spout off about politics.

View Quote

Butthurt :  check
Acts outraged when the truth is known: check
Used name calling to argue name calling: check
Kick babies statement:  check

Yeah see that easy to do.  With your logic your a flaming democrat that has a picture of the head dipshit on your living room wall.

Again face it he didn't do what he said he was going to do until he found out he could be cutoff.  

I am telling you it's hard to believe what has happend as I voted for Cruz too.  

Oh and yes I know about the China shit.  I thinks it's funny that is what you tried to pull.

So let's see if he next comeback you have is trying to say I am a democrat again or the easy " I am not going to say anymore because your don't understand" comment because you don't really have a vailid argument.

Now the only reason I placed the topic here is I just wanted to see how many will ignore what they claim they hate because they are to blinded to see the truth that all politicians are in it for them and only them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#20]
No matter who wins this election.  Cruz will be valuable in the senate.  

You trumpsters may not like him now; but when the Shit show plays out over the next two years you will come to the same realization that we did when we put Ted in over Dewrag. That TED he is the best choice for the job.

There is no need to argue about it now.

We have lost our government, our America.  The sappers are not only in the wire they are in all levels of government.

They are on the supreme court , the FBI, CIA, NSA, TSA and probably every other alphabet agency.  They are on the cabinet.

They are not even trying to hide it anymore.

Radicle mooslims, communist and soros lead globalist run the show.

We are probably going to get bloody stopping this shit but for now we got to start by stopping the more corrupt of the two HIll dog Clinton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top