Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2016 3:52:25 PM EDT
Anyone know of a good class. I have been out of nursing for a WHILE so I need the whole class this time. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you do online education?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you do online education?

View Quote

BLS needs to be classroom now especially if its not a renewal.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Looked online and found  Xtreme Safety Solutions. Has anyone heard of/been to a class with them? I am used to getting paid to renew not paying $75.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Mrs. Goldstein has been an OR RN for 30+ years in Plano.  She cannot think of any place outside of a hospital setting.

I'm guessing that Red Cross certs aren't valid.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

From the AHA website:

http://cpr.heart.org/AHAECC/CPRAndECC/Training/HealthcareProfessional/BasicLifeSupportBLS/UCM_476242_HeartCode-BLS.jsp

I never said it was all online.  I asked OP a question as I don't know him and don't know how he feels about online training.  Had he answered yes, I was going to suggest the AHA online portion and I was going to offer to do the skills portion for him since I'm an instructor in BLS, ACLS, and PALS currently (and have been since 1990-ish).

Obviously I'm doing it all wrong based upon your post.  Sorry.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From the AHA website:

http://cpr.heart.org/AHAECC/CPRAndECC/Training/HealthcareProfessional/BasicLifeSupportBLS/UCM_476242_HeartCode-BLS.jsp

I never said it was all online.  I asked OP a question as I don't know him and don't know how he feels about online training.  Had he answered yes, I was going to suggest the AHA online portion and I was going to offer to do the skills portion for him since I'm an instructor in BLS, ACLS, and PALS currently (and have been since 1990-ish).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the AHA website:

And how would one gather all of that from your post? There are still places offering CPR classes as an online only thing but I don't know many employers who are going to take them...

I think you're being a little hypersensitive.

OP, go to this link, input your zip and the "BLS Provider" filter and you should find plenty of classes.

http://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org/AHAECC/classConnector.jsp?pid=ahaecc.classconnector.home
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure how an "online only" program is issuing legitimate AHA cards, which is what employers are looking for.  Haven't seen that noted in the AHA PAM as being approved either.  

I'm not being hypersensitive.  I'm irritated.  Perhaps my question could have been more thorough, but it wasn't addressed to you. I was just trying to help a fellow nurse out in the easiest and least expensive way I could offer at the moment.  

OP, sorry for bringing a shit storm into your thread.  Apparently the road to hell IS paved with good intentions.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#8]
They're not, but some people end up taking them and then have a cert that is useless.

Seriously, relax. It's a simple misunderstanding of a very vague post.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the offer.  I have given my present employer my notice and I think I will be able to take the class in a week or so at the last place I worked as a nurse. I will keep you in mind if that does not work out.

SS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top