Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2016 10:22:46 AM EDT
New member but long time visitor. Just wondering if we have any shooters from the Katy/Cypress area.

I've been into firearms for about 2 years and usually shoot at Hotwells on 290 and was checking to see what range(s) some of my local guys frequent.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi from 77090, hopefully 77389 in 2 weeks. Me and a few buds go to Howells by 290. American shooting centers bu George bush park. Carters on treswig road. All are out door ranges.

For indoor pistol/out door bow and FFL stuff, Shiloh shooting range gets my business. They are by 1960 and Shiloh church road.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi from 77090, hopefully 77389 in 2 weeks. Me and a few buds go to Howells by 290. American shooting centers bu George bush park. Carters on treswig road. All are out door ranges.

For indoor pistol/out door bow and FFL stuff, Shiloh shooting range gets my business. They are by 1960 and Shiloh church road.
View Quote

I've read a lot of good reviews about Shiloh. Been wanting to check them out for a while.

Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

THIS and hi from 77064
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You're a bit far from me (Collin county), but welcome!

I'm still busy settling in (I just moved here), and haven't found all the good ranges yet. Soon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, just FYI about Shiloh. They are closed on Mondays
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Spring here!

Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Hola....from 77433 as well. Usually use Hot Wells because of convenience but also shoot at Athena for indoors, way better range (yes, it's pricier) than Shiloh....
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies guys. If any of you are going to a range in the area during the earlier hours M-F and you want a range partner, shoot me a message. I usually make it to the range during the week before noon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in a group that goes Tuesday's around 7:30-8 am(damn day sleepers!)but one of us had issues today so we're going tomorrow.

I'll get with you next week. If I don't then PM me.

Sorry, 77429 here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in a group that goes Tuesday's around 7:30-8 am(damn day sleepers!)but one of us had issues today so we're going tomorrow.

Sorry, 77429 here.
View Quote

Hotwells or Shiloh? I'd be in to make it next week if y'all are going
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sorry, 77429 here.
View Quote

Sounds great, thanks for the invite brother.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
77429 here. I shoot at Hotwells on occasion because it's 10 minutes from my house. Other that that I shoot at Shiloh adn Spring Guns & Ammo. When I make it a few hour shoot I drive to Impact Zone but you have to be a member.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
77429 here. I shoot at Hotwells on occasion because it's 10 minutes from my house. Other that that I shoot at Shiloh adn Spring Guns & Ammo. When I make it a few hour shoot I drive to Impact Zone but you have to be a member.
View Quote

What is the cost for Impact Zone per year?
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
New member but long time visitor. Just wondering if we have any shooters from the Katy/Cypress area.

I've been into firearms for about 2 years and usually shoot at Hotwells on 290 and was checking to see what range(s) some of my local guys frequent.
View Quote

BR,

You need to check out Shooting Sports & Training Centers of Texas.  Just north on Bauer-Hockley & Meuschke Road.  Indoor range.  Very nice. Great folks ("Joe") running it.

I will only go to Hot Wells for rifles, and only if I have to.  I just think it's a dump.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#15]
FYI; they're in the process of rebuilding the Hotwells rifle range.  New berms, new benches.  Not bad if you need to sight in rifle or test something. The skeet fields are by far the best part of that facility. Good price, decent fields and well groomed. They've even got someone to pull for you on weekdays.

Shiloh on weekday mornings (T ~ F) is only $10 if you're a vet or over 50.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Hello from 77429! As mentioned, Hotwells has been doing major renovations lately.  They are improving both their facilities and operations.  I think they are starting to work up a 3 gun league or matches now.

I live 10 minutes from there, and Shooting Sports on Meuschke.   Both have their strengths.

Now that school is in, I'll have to see about getting with some of you guys early mornings at Hot Wells after the kids are at school.  Go Go rotating work schedule!
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hello from 77429! As mentioned, Hotwells has been doing major renovations lately.  They are improving both their facilities and operations.  I think they are starting to work up a 3 gun league or matches now.

I live 10 minutes from there, and Shooting Sports on Meuschke.   Both have their strengths.

Now that school is in, I'll have to see about getting with some of you guys early mornings at Hot Wells after the kids are at school.  Go Go rotating work schedule!
View Quote

I can meet with you at Hotwells, I always try to make it there when they open at 9am. If it stops raining, maybe we can set up something for this week. If not, then next week.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
BR,

You need to check out Shooting Sports & Training Centers of Texas.  Just north on Bauer-Hockley & Meuschke Road.  Indoor range.  Very nice. Great folks ("Joe") running it.

I will only go to Hot Wells for rifles, and only if I have to.  I just think it's a dump.

CMOS
View Quote

Thanks for the info CMOS, I never knew about them. I'll definitely try them out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome. I live in Katy and American Shooting Center is close to me. It's on Westheimer. Really big outdoor range. Pretty good for long range rifles.

I moved here a year ago from Louisiana and severely miss my private gun club. There just doesn't seem to be any within reasonable driving distance from Houston area though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top