Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2016 9:57:53 AM EDT
Anyone going to this airgun show in Mansfield on Saturday? Anyone have details?

I play with pumpers, but I'm interested in PCP guns and putting a dollar figure on what it takes to jump in.

cold linked because I don't know anything about it

http://www.texasairgunshow.com/
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure of how much you already know, so I'll dump this here in case anyone else is interested.

Tom Gaylord has a blog on the Pyramid air site:
http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/wwtb/
He also has written for Shotgun News (now Firearms News) where he has been discussing building a less expensive pcp rifle.
This is what got my attention.

I missed last years show, so I really want to get there this year if possible.

Between Airforce Airguns being in Fort Worth, Tom living out that way and what appears to be an active group of airgunners at the club, I think it would be worth going out there at least once and see for myself.

Since there is a gun show in FW that weekend also, It can't be a total loss.

This is a quote from his blog:
"Texas Airgun Show

The Texas Airgun Show is fast approaching! It’s held on Saturday, August 27 and opens to the public ($5 admission) at 9 a.m. Dealers and early buyers (cost for early buyers is one table — $30) can get in to set up at 6:30. Bring eye protection if you have it, because you have to wear it all the time you are outdoors. The hall is next to the skeet ranges and shot sometimes falls (like rain, with very little velocity) where people are.

AirForce Airguns has donated a Texan big bore in the winner’s choice of .35 or .45 caliber for the door prize, so anyone who buys an admission ticket is entered for the drawing. Airgun Depot is sponsoring the show and has donated one of their .40-caliber Badgers rifles for the raffle. Hatsan donated a Bull Boss PCP, Umarex USA donated a .22-caliber Octane, a $100 gift certificate, an S&W MP40 blowback pistol and 6 hats, Pyramyd Air donated a Benjamin Maximus rifle and a Zombie Slayer Paper Shooter, and American Airgunner donated 6 hats. Buy lots of raffle tickets and increase your odds at all these prizes that will be raffled from 10:30 until 1: 30.

Nobody knows how large this show will be, but it draws on the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex of 6.6 million people that is the 4th most populous area in the United States. So we could see a huge tidal surge of attendance!"

If this is a bad thing it can be edited out.
The URL is:
http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2016/08/benjamin-maximus-part-6/
Part way down the page.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Bring eye protection if you have it, because you have to wear it all the time you are outdoors. The hall is next to the skeet ranges and shot sometimes falls (like rain, with very little velocity) where people are.
View Quote

See, it's stuff like this that makes me wonder. Sounds like that Hamfest they have in Irving in a trashed out bingo hall that used to be a Piggly Wiggly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.straightshooters.com/ also has a lot of good info.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure how it will wind up, but i'll be set up there.  Have a bunch of airguns to get rid of or trade off, Beeman P1, P2, P3, even an old Webley Tempest.  Also several RWS and Beeman long guns (Beeman Kodiak in .25 for one).  Hope to get some instruction or even knowledge on how to repair a few that I have as well, mainly an Anzchutz 275 that will not cock for some reason.  I'll be the one with the large Baldor buffer set up for knife sharpening (I sharpem knives at a few of the East Texas area gunshows, have for years, helps pay for my gun habbit, or more importantly puts me there with a table to get some good trades!)

If you do make it to the show, stop by and say hi.  I should be outside under the covered porch by the door from what I've been told.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#5]
We're here. Not a huge venue, but they've got a fair amount of high end stuff. Crowded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top