Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Limited on Friday.  Great evening hunt.  

Saturday morning the birds were going the opposite direction, but still thick enough for several to get limits in a few hours.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rabbits and rats lead the game count around here...

Living on the farm, letting the two Killers out in the morning and watching the rat hunts are funny as all get out. They catch several every day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We saw about forty hogs this morning, two deer, and more jackrabbits than I can count

Rabbits and rats lead the game count around here...

Living on the farm, letting the two Killers out in the morning and watching the rat hunts are funny as all get out. They catch several every day.

I saw the biggest rats I have ever seen around the ponds here.  They are huge.  I thought they were nutria.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Limited on Friday.  Great evening hunt.  

Saturday morning the birds were going the opposite direction, but still thick enough for several to get limits in a few hours.
View Quote

I had 2 come from the North, then 3 came from the East- right out of the sun, then while I was watching North and East 3 came in from the South over my shoulder.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]

My wife put this on facebook. I really can't argue with it.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I hunted Hockley yesterday AM with a local Ducks Unlimited group. Over 150 shooters on 6500 acres spread out pretty good. I shot 3. And apparently that was the day record.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Friday and Saturday sucked. They started moving in this morning a bit which is a good sign.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Friday and Saturday sucked. They started moving in this morning a bit which is a good sign.
View Quote

I hunted Thursday and Friday.  I only took 7 total shots at birds, and at least 2 of them I have no excuse for missing.  Birds were super thin.  

this was Knox City.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I hunted Thursday and Friday.  I only took 7 total shots at birds, and at least 2 of them I have no excuse for missing.  Birds were super thin.  

this was Knox City.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this was Knox City.

15 day outlook is calling for a strong front bringing highs into the mid 70's and lows in the 50's.

This would be great to get the big birds moving down here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

15 day outlook is calling for a strong front bringing highs into the mid 70's and lows in the 50's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this was Knox City.

When?
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#10]
9/16
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#11]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I hunted thursday to Sunday with 2 other people.   We limited out every day and had a lot of fun!    Thats a metric shit ton of birds in the fridge.  

I also talked a lot of shit!  

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#14]
NE Burnet county, I saw exactly 3 bird in two days.

So since I was on my cousin's ranch anyway, we moved hay. While sitting waiting for the truck with the trailer to come back, I had a surprise visitor. A Tom turkey landed on the hood of the tractor. Looked at me, mooned me since it was not turkey season then joined 23 of his brothers to feed where the hay bails were.

Also had 5 does, 8 point and a 10 point come out to feed while moving hay. Also, Saturday night I spot lighted a mountain lion while looking for hogs. So not to bad of a weekend all things considered.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So since I was on my cousin's ranch anyway, we moved hay. While sitting waiting for the truck with the trailer to come back, I had a surprise visitor. A Tom turkey landed on the hood of the tractor. Looked at me, mooned me since it was not turkey season then joined 23 of his brothers to feed where the hay bails were.

Also had 5 does, 8 point and a 10 point come out to feed while moving hay. Also, Saturday night I spot lighted a mountain lion while looking for hogs. So not to bad of a weekend all things considered.
View Quote

What did you shoot the mountain lion with?
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as the cat leaves the cows alone then I don't bother them. Mountain lions have been in my area for decades. Neighbor use to have some cubs come up to eat cat food on her back porch with her house cats. The Cubs looked about 4 month old in some of her pictures.
Game warden recovered a cat that was hit by a car last year.

Cattle man's association supposedly has a 600 buck bounty for a pair of ears on cats that kill cows.

Coyotes I will shoot on sight.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#19]
We keep getting rain East of Austin.  Sucks.  I got 5 opening day (like...the whole day )

Hopefully this front will push some down!  I need some birds!
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

this was Knox City.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this was Knox City.

I will be in Knox County this weekend. I was hoping for some cooler weather, but it doesn't look like it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I will be in Knox County this weekend. I was hoping for some cooler weather, but it doesn't look like it.
View Quote

the closer you get to knox city, the local pop of collared are amazing.  5 miles west of, not so much.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Arrived on the lease late Friday night. Saturday morning it Armageddon Rained. Got on a sizeable sunflower field around 3:30 on Saturday afternoon and picked out a nice location around a small tank. For the next 3 hours didn't see nothing. Finally started walking the field and picked up a few dove. Also flushed a crap load of Quail which only made my mouth water. Around 6:30 we were back on the edge of the field around the water tank, and finally started to get some flyers. I ended up with 11 Dove in the bag.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Arrived on the lease late Friday night. Saturday morning it Armageddon Rained. Got on a sizeable sunflower field around 3:30 on Saturday afternoon and picked out a nice location around a small tank. For the next 3 hours didn't see nothing. Finally started walking the field and picked up a few dove. Also flushed a crap load of Quail which only made my mouth water. Around 6:30 we were back on the edge of the field around the water tank, and finally started to get some flyers. I ended up with 11 Dove in the bag.
View Quote

We saw a bunch of quail out stomping around opening weekend for sure.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

quail are thick this year.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are y'all seeing quail? West of Ft. Worth?

I am going up to the grasslands after work one day this week before it starts raining again. I was really hoping for a big cold front this Wednesday but oh well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I was in Benjamin (roughly 1/2 between Wichita Falls and Lubbock).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top