Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1

I'll throw in a .22 knee-capping or two for good measure...

Just STOP with the Damn Rain....

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whoever is doing the rain dance, please stop. I will break your ankles the next time it so much as thunders.

+1

I'll throw in a .22 knee-capping or two for good measure...

Just STOP with the Damn Rain....

BIGGER_HAMMER

Alright, Alright, I promise I will stop washing my car.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#2]
We got another inch of rain Monday, Tuesday is the first time we've reached 90 in a week and a half.  IN AUGUST!  

I've also got a roof leak somewhere...

Hking
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Just heard thunder... I'm getting my sledge out.
Somebody send me the address.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Not me....don't beat the messenger.

We have been pretty nice last couple of days...suppose to rain this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Finally got to mow today! There is still a spot that is too swampy to mow so I just buzzed it with the weed whacker.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14053727_169156933516586_2727726224631817539_o.jpg

Finally got to mow today! There is still a spot that is too swampy to mow so I just buzzed it with the weed whacker.
View Quote

Your place looks awesome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14053727_169156933516586_2727726224631817539_o.jpg

View Quote

I mowed yesterday about 6:00. Damn near killed me. 6" in places. Well hidden dog shit. Bugs out the ass. It was just dry enough to not leave wheel marks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#8]
dupe
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Friday night thru sunday for NE Texas I hear..healing the earth, had cracks the damn dogs keep falling into...

had so much rain the last week, the Bermuda set up seed stalks a foot high..mowed yesterday and yard looks like a cow puked cud everwhere.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
RAIN???  

E-Fracking-NUFFFF!!!!!

Whoever is washing their cars, watering their lawns or making big outdoor wedding plans...

JUST STOP!!!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
RAIN???  

E-Fracking-NUFFFF!!!!!

Whoever is washing their cars, watering their lawns or making big outdoor wedding plans...

JUST STOP!!!

BIGGER_HAMMER

View Quote

I'm but a shy, timid transplant who tries to tread lightly, but I have to ask - why does everybody here hate the rain so much? It keeps your lawn green for free, and saves on the water bill. It also keeps the dust and dirt down. Everything looks clean after a good rain. Rain is awesome.

And as long as your tires aren't shit, it's not hard to drive in either.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm but a shy, timid transplant who tries to tread lightly, but I have to ask - why does everybody here hate the rain so much? It keeps your lawn green for free, and saves on the water bill. It also keeps the dust and dirt down. Everything looks clean after a good rain. Rain is awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RAIN???  

E-Fracking-NUFFFF!!!!!

JUST STOP!!!

BIGGER_HAMMER

I think some places have been getting hammered. Houston, for example, seems to flood at the drop of a hat. As a hunter and outdoorsman I tend to welcome the rain to a certain extent because it helps the wildlife. But as you'll learn, Texans like to bitch about the weather. When winter is here they bitch about the cold and when summer is here they bitch about the heat. Pray for rain in the summer but then it rains too much. You get the idea?

Also. Don't trust Texans to drive worth a shit on wet roads.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think some places have been getting hammered. Houston, for example, seems to flood at the drop of a hat. As a hunter and outdoorsman I tend to welcome the rain to a certain extent because it helps the wildlife. But as you'll learn, Texans like to bitch about the weather. When winter is here they bitch about the cold and when summer is here they bitch about the heat. Pray for rain in the summer but then it rains too much. You get the idea?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RAIN???  

E-Fracking-NUFFFF!!!!!

JUST STOP!!!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Needs to be 'Don't trust Texans to drive worth a shit on any road'

I've driven all over the world Texans drive as bad as the 'tards south of the border'
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
It has rained EVERY day in my A.O. here in Clear Lake (NASA land) for two weeks straight.  Not always all day downpours, but enough consistently that I am way behind on my driveway mechanics projects.

This Sunday I was going to clear out the Garage and get some items ready for a family event on the coast this upcoming weekend.   Beautiful Sunday.  (sunshine and blue skies! )  All of a sudden a dark thunderhead rolls in from the coast and in 10 minutes it is pelting heavy rain.  I was running around soaked and trying to put tarps over all the boxes and cursing in a manner that a God fearing Christian shouldn't be doing, especially on a Sunday...

I don't mind if it rains (say between 3-5 am) but I'm sick of Wet Weekends and as my job is outdoors much of the time, all the wet weather is not making my life easy...

Don't get me wrong, we need Rain in Texas.  But too much of a "Good Thing" isn't a "Good Thing"...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Needs to be 'Don't trust Texans to drive worth a shit on any road'

I've driven all over the world Texans drive as bad as the 'tards south of the border'
View Quote

Maybe it depends on what part of Texas you're in, and maybe it depends on what you're used to, but I fucking LOVE the way Texans drive in North Texas...

...as long as it isn't raining. Or saturated with heavy traffic.

When the roads are clear, Texans up here are more or less just fine as far as I'm concerned. Me complaining about it would just be nitpicking at this point. You have no idea how shitty Ohio drivers are...
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like it's about to get sporty down on the coast.

Anyone south of Port Lavaca is about to get hosed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#19]
It's amazing what happens when it rains every day for a week and you are out of the country.

Looks like I've been rained out for the day.

Suggestions for the flower beds. What will kill the grass and not the flowers and shrubs?  I hate pulling weeds.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RAIN???  

E-Fracking-NUFFFF!!!!!

JUST STOP!!!

BIGGER_HAMMER

I lived in and near Ohio up to age 17. The roads here can be different. An old asphalt road can be slick as ice with a little bit of rain when it first starts raining after a few weeks without rain. I am sure you will discover this at some point.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top