Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Every time I went from Houston to Austin or San Antonio I sure noticed a big difference.  Now, its Texas in the summer time so its gonna be hot.  There is a difference between hot and oppressively overpowering humidity though.

I live in Midland now and I find the weather great (well, the constant wind and dust sucks) but everyone at work complains like its so hot and they don't know how lucky they are and think I'm just talking shit and trying to "one up" everyone.  I have never seen so much complaining about heat as I do here.

We had a meeting in Houston recently and I took two of my employees with me and they couldn't believe how fucking horrible it was.  They thought I was blustering and trying to be a tough guy this whole time but now they've experienced it first hand.  I

When you continue west past Austin and San Antonio (71 and I-10 respectively) it does dry out a bit more I feel.  I've been in both those towns when a front brought some weather and it can get a little muggy afterwards (nothing compared to Houston though) but once you get far enough west you only feel humidity in the hours after a storm passes through and then the piercing sun re-emerges.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top