Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2016 9:21:34 PM EDT
The subject has been brought up before, and I've heard "we're working on it"

I've been a member for 8 years but with all this crap with the Game Warden I'm open to alternatives for next year.

Preferably in the south, east or southeast area of the metroplex
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You got the letter too huh?  lol  What morons.  This will be my last year on that place as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there enough land for members to chip in on a dozer?
Make shooting lanes?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make shooting lanes?
View Quote

I'm trying to put that together now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Make shooting lanes?
View Quote

If he has been charging $200-300 each to a big group of people and there has been no actual improvements ever made, I would seriously be wondering where the money has gone.  I know he does not have to do anything, and it appears he hasn't

AKA - he has money for a dozer, he just don't care enough about you guys to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I too was a member for many years and even the last time I was there, there were no discernable improvements vs. my first time down there around 2003.  Oh maybe a few extra tables and he cut down some trees to make an area for additional shooting, but that's it.  Hell my first couple times there my first complaint was 'cant he pour a shitload of gravel or something on the drive down to fill in all these potholes?'  

He's been using the money just as a passive income stream, that's it.  I'm out now.

Edit:  What is the letter you are talking about?   Post text?

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I would love to find an alternative but do not have the cash for land of my own.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If he has been charging $200-300 each to a big group of people and there has been no actual improvements ever made, I would seriously be wondering where the money has gone.  
You say that as if improvements were promised.  I don't think it anyone's fucking business what the man does with his land or the $$$$$ he makes by letting people shoot there.

I know he does not have to do anything, and it appears he hasn't

AKA - he has money for a dozer, he just don't care enough about you guys to do anything about it.
You want what for your $300? Twenty covered benches? 200yd shooting lanes? Flush toilets? How about a food truck serving sushi? For fucks sake.
He does all that the cost of membership will go up.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Improvements in a flood plain are wasted money.  I've been down there many times when the river had crested to the levy so everything would have been washed away.

I'd be very interested in a shooting place within the DFW area that has acceptable rules but I wouldn't want to be the responsible party after years of watching some extremely dangerous behavior on the river. Guess I'll just drive to the farm more.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he has been charging $200-300 each to a big group of people and there has been no actual improvements ever made, I would seriously be wondering where the money has gone.  
You say that as if improvements were promised.  I don't think it anyone's fucking business what the man does with his land or the $$$$$ he makes by letting people shoot there.

I know he does not have to do anything, and it appears he hasn't

You want what for your $300? Twenty covered benches? 200yd shooting lanes? Flush toilets? How about a food truck serving sushi? For fucks sake.

Can I get tacos, a deli truck, and BBQ instead of sushi? kay, thanx bye.

And as Tboy said, almost anything beyond cutting trees to make lanes is a waste, as we saw earlier this year, everything gets washed away.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe we just need to get Trump involved, have him build a wall keep the floods out.

The only potential issue I could see with adding more lanes, which there is a ton of room to do up against the levee on the west side, is rounds leaving the property.  If people can't keep rounds from going over the riverbank and over the levee on the east side, on somebody else's property, for sure gonna lose rounds the other way. Not that there's a whole lot that way, but occasionally see the land being worked and then the cement place (or whatever it is) a little further west.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I never said it was anyone's business, but I never got a key because of all the wreckless shit that happens down there.  It was sooner or later that he was gonna get shut down, luckily no one got hurt yet.

Quoted:

I think having an actual range would be nice for the money.  As it is, it's a piece of worthless land that people act stupid on (yes, shooting across a river is stupid to anyone with an IQ above room temp).

It does not have to be nice, but something somewhat safe would be a good start.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:02:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I never said it was anyone's business, but I never got a key because of all the wreckless shit that happens down there.  It was sooner or later that he was gonna get shut down, luckily no one got hurt yet.

I think having an actual range would be nice for the money.  As it is, it's a piece of worthless land that people act stupid on (yes, shooting across a river is stupid to anyone with an IQ above room temp).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess it all depends what you call  "an actual range". The rifle lane, and shorter rifle or pistol lane don't count I guess.  When's the last time you were there?  Was it since all the gravel on the drive in, the tables, the covers over the tables, etc??
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#13]
He has all this stuff now? Actually, again?

He used to have some of that, covered picnic table is what we had back then before the dicktards shot dragon breath rounds into it and burned it down.

Yes, it's been at least two years since I've been down there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Not speaking for Mickey but for you all that have skills, time or equipment ask about trading work/improvements for keys.

Don't know if it will fly or not. Just a thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top