Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2016 11:27:07 AM EDT
Tiger Valley will be hosting a long range open shoot Saturday July 30th.  Shooting starts at 8:00am and ends at 4:30pm.  This range is a Marine Corps 1000K with pits.  As being such everyone must shoot each line at the same time, unless you have really big balls and don't mind everyone shooting over your head, just kidding.  

Shooters will he able to engage targets on the KD range to 1000 yards.  The UKD range has targets from 100 to 1000 yards which are Steel of various types from terrorists on technical to human forms hidden in the tree line.  The UKD is accesses from the 60 foot tower.

No ,50 on this shoot as well as no AP rounds allowed  Check in will be at 7:30 am with rounds going down range at 8:00  Cost is $50.00 per shooter
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This range is a Marine Corps 1000K with pits.  As being such everyone must shoot each line at the same time, unless you have really big balls and don't mind everyone shooting over your head, just kidding.  

View Quote

That's what we call "good training."
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw this in your email. Registering tonight. Can I pay cash on arrival instead of paypal?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it's just easier for us whey we don't have to deal with payments the day of the event and can concentrate on getting to the line.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Folks, if you have not done this, go.

Great time.  You can get your dope.

You meet other long range shooters.

Great focus on safety.

Txl
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great focus on safety.

Txl
View Quote
 They gots DOPE!!?

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great focus on safety.

Txl
View Quote

And you get to bake up on the tower! It's a hot sum bitch. I suggest anyone going bring plenty of water and sun screen. I say this because I have continually seen people fail to do so through the years at events such as this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw a shooter this past weekend that looked to be about to drop in the heat. We were in the shade for the most part. He was only out there for an hour or so.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Starting out in the morning, it won't be bad.  It also depends on what shape your in and if you are used to the out doors.  We find that those who move from an air conditioned car to an air conditioned office may have issues.  That being said, we had a Physician in last weeks class.  He stayed hydrated and toughed it out for two days.  One thing to remember is that hydration starts the day before.  Pre loading with water a head of time makes a big difference.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the reminder on proper hydration TJ.

Gonna post that in the Cola Warrior, heat stroke edition in Texas Aug 4-6

Txl
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top