Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2016 8:15:33 AM EDT
32 year vet, was going to retire in September. Apparently jumped some burglar's in a back yard. NOI

News now says a homeowner called 911 to report someone breaking into his backyard storage shed. The Sergeant called out on the radio that people were running from the backyard. When other police arrived they found the Sergeant shot, lying in the backyard, he was pronounced dead at the hospital. I believe they said his name was Craig Hutchinson.(unsure of spelling)

It looks like it was his own home and he used his county radio,

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sheriffs-deputy-shot-killed-round-rock-texas/
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
He was a great guy and I'm pretty sad over it. It's terrible news.  Prayers out to the family.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope the perps are caught and punished.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fox seven is a bit confusing, I'm not sure if it was his own home and he called.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fox seven is a bit confusing, I'm not sure if it was his own home and he called.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

News I saw it was his house.. sigh...

Poor family. The crooks will get their Texas justice...
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
The deputy use to come in to the store I worked for coffee. We talked bs things. Nice no great man. He will be missed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They need to get "the big sleep" even though that is really too good for them.  They should be executed by a particularly slow, painful and embarrassing method.  Thats what should happen to all thieves, especially murdering thieves.  And their family should be shamed and made to pay restitution to their victims.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They need to get "the big sleep" even though that is really too good for them.  They should be executed by a particularly slow, painful and embarrassing method.  Thats what should happen to all thieves, especially murdering thieves.  And their family should be shamed and made to pay restitution to their victims.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree mostly.. Definitely some bad parenting involved.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Rest in Peace Deputy.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Very sad situation. A man dies after catching somebody breaking into his shed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very sad situation. A man dies after catching somebody breaking into his shed.
View Quote

Report today says the deputy caught two perps that ran into a creek behind his house. the perps shot at the officer and hit him in the head, fatal. it took ten minutes to find him by the first officers on seen. Backup got there in 3 to 4 minutes after the officer made his call.

Reward for information leading to the arrest of the bad guys is at 15k and climbing. LEO's  are being tight lipped(to be expected) about leads. Invoved agencies are Travis and Williamson County Sheriffs, APD, RRPD, ATF, US Marshals office, Texas Rangers and FBI.
Donate to the 100 club to get money to help the families of police officers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd approve dragging them up and down and up and down I-35 until they were dead as Ceasar....

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw on the news this morning that the projectile, and angle of the shot, indicated he was shot with his own weapon. The Round Rock chief said they are exploring all possibilities but stopped short of saying the gunshot was self inflicted.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I saw on the news this morning that the projectile, and angle of the shot, indicated he was shot with his own weapon. The Round Rock chief said they are exploring all possibilities but stopped short of saying the gunshot was self inflicted.
View Quote

Well.  If they thought it was murder it's unlikely they would out those details.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well.  If they thought it was murder it's unlikely they would out those details.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

News just said it was ruled a suicide
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad.  Hard to understand why someone doing well in life would do that.  If true, at lease there aren't killers running around free.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Came out a few days ago he was facing a foreclosure on his home.  So sad all around.  :(
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sad.  Hard to understand why someone doing well in life would do that.  If true, at lease there aren't killers running around free.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The news had said his house was being foreclosed on. I'm sure there were other factors on top of that. I've had many friends and coworkers commit suicide. Depression is a lonely agonizing thing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn. What a fucked up situation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The news had said his house was being foreclosed on. I'm sure there were other factors on top of that. I've had many friends and coworkers commit suicide. Depression is a lonely agonizing thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the same article, which also said 100k/year salary which doesn't make sense on house alone.  Likely the other factors.  Sorry to hear about that.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Dammit

-------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#23]
News also said his car had been repoed several times.  Sad situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top