Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2016 3:20:52 PM EDT
I've been interested in the Sig P320, so I stopped by the SAW booth at the SA Gun Show yesterday.

SAW has a big inventory, and sometimes has some hard-to-get stuff available. I was looking through their Sigs, and didn't see a 320 so I asked one of the salespeople. I got a blank stare, and he said he never heard of a 320. He asked a couple of other guys, and one said he didn't think Sig made a 320. He wondered if I was "mistaken."

It's not like it's some Arfcom esoterica or vaporware. There were a couple of them at other vendors at the show but not in the format I wanted. I was just kind of surprised that such a big dealer was clueless about something that's been out for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Should have showed them an example via your smart phone.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've been interested in the Sig P320, so I stopped by the SAW booth at the SA Gun Show yesterday.

SAW has a big inventory, and sometimes has some hard-to-get stuff available. I was looking through their Sigs, and didn't see a 320 so I asked one of the salespeople. I got a blank stare, and he said he never heard of a 320. He asked a couple of other guys, and one said he didn't think Sig made a 320. He wondered if I was "mistaken."

It's not like it's some Arfcom esoterica or vaporware. There were a couple of them at other vendors at the show but not in the format I wanted. I was just kind of surprised that such a big dealer was clueless about something that's been out for awhile.
View Quote

No surprise.

They probably only know what they sell. Until they get some 320s in, they do not know much about it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I stop buy the shop in Sunnyvale occasionally and the actual sells people do know what a 320 is. i asked if they had any instock last time I was in there and they said that they were out. We actually held a conversation about how nice they are to shoot.

I think you just got one of the workers who only goes to shows.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#6]
If I go into a gunstore it is with the expectation that the individuals behind the counter know next to nothing. I am almost never disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should have showed them an example via your smart phone.
View Quote

Smartphone? Well, I guess they could have looked it up on their phone since they're the ones in the gun business.  My phone makes and receives phone calls. That's all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#8]
That was my last experience with SAW at a gun show. There was only one guy in the booth serious about selling a handgun, everyone else there was apparently just there to talk smack and eat jerky or something. They all must be a bunch of friends who do it part time. I went to their shop last year and bought a shield, no problems at all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That was my last experience with SAW at a gun show. There was only one guy in the booth serious about selling a handgun, everyone else there was apparently just there to talk smack and eat jerky or something. They all must be a bunch of friends who do it part time. I went to their shop last year and bought a shield, no problems at all.
View Quote

This has always been the best part of SAW.  No hard sell. No SEALS use it stories. No BS gun store black helicopter stories. You know what you want, you ask if they have it, and you buy it hassle free.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This has always been the best part of SAW.  No hard sell. No SEALS use it stories. No BS gun store black helicopter stories. You know what you want, you ask if they have it, and you buy it hassle free.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but when you're standing there with cash in hand, you basically have to say, Hey, I want to buy this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, but when you're standing there with cash in hand, you basically have to say, Hey, I want to buy this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't there other booths? Ill bet someone else had it. Also, in my experience, mostly volunteers or temps work the guns shows while the store employees are manning the store or at home with their families. So more than likely you were talking to a kid getting paid in ammo.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#12]
They could have had more than one gun show going on that weekend and just had friends and family working the shows to help out.  Back when I used to hit the San Antonio Saxet show every month, there was an SAPD officer that worked the AJC tables that did it just for a discount on what he wanted to buy.  He wasn't a regular employee.   He knew about guns, but wasn't an expert on every gun some customer walked up asking about.  Guess he's lucky OP wasn't there to ask him too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top