BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will never open carry in public. I don't think anyone should have to. Why?

Two reasons:
1. Our LEO's don't need anything else to worry about. They have enough idiots to deal with. They are stressed enough.

2. I don't want anyone knowing I am carrying.

Should open carry be illegal?

I am a libertarian. I don't believe anything should be illegal as long as it does no harm to your neighbor.

Be kind to those who wear the badge. Don't waste their time. Keep the glock in your pants. No need to show it off.
View Quote

You're certainly free to choose not to open carry, but I have two questions for you:

1) Shouldn't cops be more worried about the guns they can't see than the ones they can?  Just because they cannot see that a person is armed doesn't mean he isn't.  

2) Why does a person peaceably carrying a visible gun waste cops' time?  If a police officer decides to go fishing with someone for the sole reason that they are carrying openly, is he not choosing to waste his own time, as well as the time of the person carrying?  

As a fellow libertarian, I completely agree that OC should not be illegal.  Whether a person chooses to carry openly or concealed is a purely personal choice, which causes harm to nobody.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I will never open carry in public. I don't think anyone should have to. Why?

Two reasons:
1. Our LEO's don't need anything else to worry about. They have enough idiots to deal with. They are stressed enough.

2. I don't want anyone knowing I am carrying.

Should open carry be illegal?

I am a libertarian. I don't believe anything should be illegal as long as it does no harm to your neighbor.

Be kind to those who wear the badge. Don't waste their time. Keep the glock in your pants. No need to show it off.
View Quote

Unfortunately the OCTC crowd can still 'open carry' their Tapcoed SKS's without a lisence. Any LEO in his/her right mind can understand the difference between the idiots dragging their rifles around at low ready, and someone carrying a pistol in s holster.

Open carry was very easy to pass last session and did not need OCTC acting like retards or OCT and TSRA not understanding how to get a bill passed. All that was needed was a good flood of polite phone calls, letters, e mails to support open carry.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't want no dam badge
I want a sash.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
We are going to need all the good guys carrying guns open or concealed to countered the future radical ( insert religion of peace) terrorist attacks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sash, beannie, and badge for me. BTW, the strobe is just silly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about this for a compromise:

Require LTC individuals to display a state-issued LTC badge AND then be allowed to carry ANYPLACE LEO is allowed to carry.

Fair compromise???????

I don't want no dam badge
I want a sash.

Maybe the law should read like this:

A person with a state issued license to carry must display (wear) one of the following while carrying a firearm in public:
(A).  A state issued License to carry badge
(B).  A State approved license to carry sash with fringe.  The fringe will be between 3 and 5 inches long and gold in color.
(C).  A State approved beanie which is red, white, and blue, with a white star in the front.  The Beanie will have a strobe on the top which flashes between 80 and 140 times per minute.  The flash will be visible for at least 400 yards.

You still want the sash?  I'll take the beanie.  Put your beanie on, drive around, stick your head up through the sunroof, and pull chicks over.  Then impress them with your piece.  

Sash, beannie, and badge for me. BTW, the strobe is just silly.

Name one thing that's come out of Austin that wasn't silly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well I'm sure that idiot Kory Watkins is probably bragging how he single handily got OC to pass
View Quote

Well, he might be crowing but he ain't open carrying...he can't qualify for an LTC which is why he was pushing for Constitutional Carry so hard.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, he might be crowing but he ain't open carrying...he can't qualify for an LTC which is why he was pushing for Constitutional Carry so hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I'm sure that idiot Kory Watkins is probably bragging how he single handily got OC to pass

shocker
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I couldn't agree more.

As a caveat, I've never called the police for help in my life, and I likely never will. I don't need nor want them protecting and serving the shit out of me at the expense of losing more gun-rights. I abhor cop-killers, but if you want a "safe" job, don't be a cop. Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining by taking about my right to OC just for your perceived safety. I could give a shit less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anybody is stupid enough to carry an AR over their shoulder these days, they will see a different reaction than they got a couple of months ago. A holstered hand gun is another story. The days of long gun toting protest groups might be a thing of the past. They were not very smart about their presentation to begin with.

I agree, that stupid ting called the 2nd really puts a hamper on common sense.

This states "claims" to be all about the COTUS, its all bullshit.

WHY do I need permission for my rights?

This is horseshit!

I couldn't agree more.

As a caveat, I've never called the police for help in my life, and I likely never will. I don't need nor want them protecting and serving the shit out of me at the expense of losing more gun-rights. I abhor cop-killers, but if you want a "safe" job, don't be a cop. Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining by taking about my right to OC just for your perceived safety. I could give a shit less.

Assuming that you are an adult, you are the only adult that I know of that has not had to file a police report of some kind. And keep in mind that the COTUS is not the Ten Commandments etched in stone, it is a moving target that can change with public opinion. Recent events may alter public opinion of gun control. It could go either way. That is something that we will have to deal with. Are there any other parts of the constitution that you are the least bit concerned with?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Assuming that you are an adult, you are the only adult that I know of that has not had to file a police report of some kind.
View Quote

33 here and never had to file a police report. It happens.

Going by my history though, since I said that, I will probably have to file one within the next two weeks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Going by my history though, since I said that, I will probably have to file one within the next two weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assuming that you are an adult, you are the only adult that I know of that has not had to file a police report of some kind.

Very surprising. This was brought up during a class for licensing I had to take at one point.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Require LTC individuals to display a state-issued LTC badge AND then be allowed to carry ANYPLACE LEO is allowed to carry.

Fair compromise???????

View Quote

NO

Delete the LTC and all restrictions on weapons in TX state law.

Well, alright. Make an LTC optional if you want one to carry in other states.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

<----59 and never has filed a police report either.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like your signature. I was born in and spent my first 18 years in Plano. I guess that explains a lot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be nice to be lucky enough to not have some idiot rear end you.  X2(not same guy)....

Rest of dash cam stuff coming in tomorrow to hardware a cam facing forward and towards rear of my truck tomorrow...  If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is very surprising, especially considering what you do. No car wrecks, insurance claims requiring a police report?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Must be nice to be lucky enough to not have some idiot rear end you.  X2(not same guy)....

Rest of dash cam stuff coming in tomorrow to hardware a cam facing forward and towards rear of my truck tomorrow...  If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't be as bad if the shitheels had insurance.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Unfortunately the OCTC crowd can still 'open carry' their Tapcoed SKS's without a lisence. Any LEO in his/her right mind can understand the difference between the idiots dragging their rifles around at low ready, and someone carrying a pistol in s holster.

Open carry was very easy to pass last session and did not need OCTC acting like retards or OCT and TSRA not understanding how to get a bill passed. All that was needed was a good flood of polite phone calls, letters, e mails to support open carry.
View Quote

So you oppose unlicensed carry of long guns.     How do you feel about poll taxes or licenses to worship?  

(also, TSRA are retards?  What?)
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is very surprising, especially considering what you do. No car wrecks, insurance claims requiring a police report?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
.... and TSRA not understanding how to get a bill passed. All that was needed was a good flood of polite phone calls, letters, e mails to support open carry.
View Quote

Complete and total ignorance of the work that TSRA does.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.... and TSRA not understanding how to get a bill passed. All that was needed was a good flood of polite phone calls, letters, e mails to support open carry.

Unless you receive communication from TSRA, happen to see media interviews with TSRA, watch all the TSRA testimony in committee and general sessions, participate in TSRA meetings with individual legislators or speak directly to TSRA representatives (i.e. Alice Tripp), I suppose you wouldn't see the TSRA legislative activities.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#21]
While law-abiding Texans discuss the finer points of the law regarding the carry of firearms, and jump through numerous fiery hoops in order to "earn" the "privilege" of carrying a weapon, criminals continue to carry whatever they want, wherever they want and in any way that seems suitable to them.

Something is definitely wrong with this whole situation, and more laws, regulations, ordinances, restrictions, prohibitions, notices, writs, penalties, fees, taxes, charges and debates ain't gonna do squat to fix it.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
While law-abiding Texans discuss the finer points of the law regarding the carry of firearms, and jump through numerous fiery hoops in order to "earn" the "privilege" of carrying a weapon, criminals continue to carry whatever they want, wherever they want and in any way that seems suitable to them.

Something is definitely wrong with this whole situation, and more laws, regulations, ordinances, restrictions, prohibitions, notices, writs, penalties, fees, taxes, charges and debates ain't gonna do squat to fix it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So you oppose unlicensed carry of long guns.     How do you feel about poll taxes or licenses to worship?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not talking about a law or anything like that, but the idiots in OCTC did us no favors. Open carry had a 99% chance of passing this last session. A polite phone call, letter e mail would show support and help push it alone. Instead OCTC got the media all twisted around the axle with pictures of Fatty and Snowshoes holding their SKS's at low ready in Jack in the Box. That does no body any favors and just gets the anti's more ammunition to hit us with. Not only that, but sweeping people in a restaurant with a rifle is just flat bad gun handling. Not counting the idiots in OCTC got PANIC BUTTONS in legislators offices, you talk about stupid

As far as TSRA they fell they need to control and write the bill to support it, that was the reason 3 years ago open carry did not pass. The person that wrote and presented the bill did not ask TSRA's permission. I got this straight from Alice Tripp's mouth. Not hearsay or 4th hand information.  With a little work TSRA could become a real powerhouse to get legislation through, instead we get screwy bills written like how campus carry came about and all the problems with that bill.

And I never said TSRA or even OCT are retards, just OCTC.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm not talking about a law or anything like that, but the idiots in OCTC did us no favors. Open carry had a 99% chance of passing this last session. A polite phone call, letter e mail would show support and help push it alone. Instead OCTC got the media all twisted around the axle with pictures of Fatty and Snowshoes holding their SKS's at low ready in Jack in the Box. That does no body any favors and just gets the anti's more ammunition to hit us with. Not only that, but sweeping people in a restaurant with a rifle is just flat bad gun handling. Not counting the idiots in OCTC got PANIC BUTTONS in legislators offices, you talk about stupid
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sure sounded like talking about a law, but ok.  If it's unfortunate that someone can legally carry a rifle without a license, then it is reasonable to presume that it would be fortunate if they could not legally do so.  

OCTC did some dumb stuff, the TPCA did some dumb stuff, MDA did some really dumb stuff, and it passed anyway.  Now is the time to focus on improvement.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I'm a LEO and was adamantly against OC, writing letters to my respected officials, ect.  

But I have to say, since this law was passed I've only seen ONE person OC'ing, and that was a Fire Chief

I was obviously wrong.
View Quote

Every Fire Chief I know can open carry regardless of LTC...

As long as they are in uniform or have a badge in plain view
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a LEO and was adamantly against OC, writing letters to my respected officials, ect.  

But I have to say, since this law was passed I've only seen ONE person OC'ing, and that was a Fire Chief

I was obviously wrong.

Link to law.   Not aware of that exception.....

ETA* Unless you're thinking of a Fire Marshal, which is a Texas Peace Officer.  And in uniform or not, they can carry like any other peace officer regardless of LTC if they are displaying their badge.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was obviously wrong.

There is no requirement for anyone to display a badge or wear a uniform to OC or CC, excepting armed guards and other special occupations.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There is no requirement for anyone to display a badge or wear a uniform to OC or CC, excepting armed guards and other special occupations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was obviously wrong.

Technically if they're not licensed, there is to be legal.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was obviously wrong.

Yes poorly worded. I was presuming LTC or PO.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Too lazy to crop.  Unless someone went full retard, doubtful that will ever become an issue.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ETA* Unless you're thinking of a Fire Marshal, which is a Texas Peace Officer.  And in uniform or not, they can carry like any other peace officer regardless of LTC if they are displaying their badge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was obviously wrong.

Exactly, perhaps some Fire Chiefs also serve as the Fire Marshall but I would suspect that most don't. I live in Burleson and even when they were all volunteer the Chief and Fire Marshall were separate jobs done by different people.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope.

Who does your background checks?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope.

FBI NICS.....but that has absolutely nothing to do with filing a police report.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Fair compromise???????

View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top