Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 6:15:14 AM EDT
It seems there is a rat in the clubhouse at Mickey's.

That's pretty low.  I could respect the rat if they had the guts to come forward and say "it was me", but we all know that wont happen.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Tar & feather or Police involvement kind of shit?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]
tar and feather.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
When I got the email this morning I thought how did they hear that?

I know the OK was given a while ago so for regular shooters at Mickey's, have people been shooting into the river/other folk's property? If so, maybe they were confronted and they gave it up?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#4]
When I first read this thread I thought "No shit, it was announced here, but it wasn't. At least not that I saw".
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you going to tell us what was in the email?  If not, I see no reason to this thread.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I the quick timing between Mickey's two emails indicated to me that someone was talking out of school.  I don't understand that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#7]
WTF is this thread about. How about a little backstory????
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Are you going to tell us what was in the email? If not, I see no reason to this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Are you going to tell us what was in the email? If not, I see no reason to this thread.

Quoted:

Do you know the secret handshake?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be the rat
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If so secret, you should have never started this thread and kept this matter in the clubhouse.  Since YOU decided to make this issue public, therefore breaking the rules of fight club, you are obliged to reveal the backstory.  If not, just take this to IM & request this thread locked & nuked.

Yes, I have a handful of keys but didn't renew in recent years.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#11]
the chair is against the wall...... john has a long mustache.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If so secret, you should have never started this thread and kept this matter in the clubhouse.  Since YOU decided to make this issue public, therefore breaking the rules of fight club, you are obliged to reveal the backstory.  If not, just take this to IM & request this thread locked & nuked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm obliged to tell you?  That's a stupid position to take.

You don't know what I'm talking about, so you say I have to tell you, and if I won't then I can't talk about it where you can hear.

Grow up, move on.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You don't know what I'm talking about, so you say I have to tell you, and if I won't then I can't talk about it where you can hear.

Grow up, move on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Grow up, move on.

Congratulations! You win the stupid thread of the day award!
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Grow up, move on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Grow up, move on.

I guess you're that guy that makes a phone call during a dinner party and starts ranting on about something nobody else at the table is aware about.  When asked to elaborate, you refuse, telling them that only members of a super secret club can discuss.  Yep, you're THAT guy that we then start talking about behind your back when you leave the room.  You could have just excused yourself from the table to keep the conversation private but, NO, you didn't.  Don't be THAT guy.

It's called manners and I think a person should be obliged to honor the unwritten rules of explaining why you are going into a rant.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Maybe it's regarding members using the lease for a gay hookup which Mickey doesn't approve, hence the reason for being vague.  Guess we'll never know since OP wants to keep this secret.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I guess you're that guy that makes a phone call during a dinner party and starts ranting on about something nobody else at the table is aware about.  When asked to elaborate, you refuse, telling them that only members of a super secret club can discuss.  Yep, you're THAT guy that we then start talking about behind your back when you leave the room.  You could have just excused yourself from the table to keep the conversation private but, NO, you didn't.  Don't be THAT guy.

It's called manners and I think a person should be obliged to honor the unwritten rules of explaining why you are going into a rant.
View Quote

Or, you're the guy who walks up to others talking at a party in a different room, and cry because they won't tell you what they were talking about.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Or, you're the guy who walks up to others talking at a party in a different room, and cry because they won't tell you what they were talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't looking over your shoulder reading a PRIVATE email meant for members only.  YOU are the person that started a thread over that private email so your analogy doesn't hold water.

Personally none of my business since I'm no longer a paying member at Mickey's but if YOU decide to stand up in the middle of the room and call out someone for being a RAT then refuse to explain then You're THAT guy.  Because you already broke the rules of keeping this a private matter by posting on a public forum, you've already outed yourself - which, in many circles is considered being a RAT.  Ironic?  I think not.  And you've been a member here long enough to know that you are expected to elaborate on a rant thread.  Willing to take it to a vote in GD?

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread is dildos. So much faggotry.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

+1000
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Ted Cruz must have joined......
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Pointless thread.  Moving on
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll check on it later.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#26]
He said maybe.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:26:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Meh, I dont see this going over well for us members in this super duper'ific club of all mf'ing clubs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm suprised that Mickeys is still around.

It didn't take long for that long range near Dallas to get shut down. I forget the name...East Texas something or another (even though I don't see how Dallas is east Tx)

IIRC, some subdivision was scared bullet were polluting the water supply or some shit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pointless thread.  Moving on
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It seems there is a rat in the clubhouse at Mickey's.

That's pretty low.  I could respect the rat if they had the guts to come forward and say "it was me", but we all know that wont happen.
View Quote

Has already come forward, but nobody is going to share it with you. Ironic eh? Follow up with Mickey, maybe he will tell you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#31]
The jig is up @ Mickey's!

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Everybody's got their panties in a twist over this.

warden letter by bigkracka, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Not good.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:55:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Why would anyone in their right mind think it was ok/legal to shoot across a public river?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Are there similar "clubs" to the north of Dallas?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Why would anyone in their right mind think it was ok/legal to shoot across a public river?
View Quote

Have you never been around some good ol boys?

Not related, but kind of related:

Mickeys probably has a good chance of being shut down
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you not seen the previous threads with people walking around with hard-ons describing their love for blasting into or across the river at "Mickey's" ? There's a pack of them who must not be in their right mind.

Good on TPWD for shutting this shit down. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Hutch- your a dickhead  period.

I bet your a Hillary fan as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me guess, you were a part of the weekly neck beard circle jerk while blasting into the river? Now the law has put a stop to your weekend fun.....aww!

There is absolutely no good reason or excuse for recreational shooting across or into a public river. period.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

When a snake in the grass is calling you names, that's bad!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Let me guess, you were a part of the weekly neck beard circle jerk while blasting into the river? Now the law has put a stop to your weekend fun.....aww!

There is absolutely no good reason or excuse for recreational shooting across or into a public river. period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even to identify where rounds are going to sight in a rifle?  Or to kill the fish dinner, or water moccasin invasion...
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not even to identify where rounds are going to sight in a rifle?  Or to kill the fish dinner, or water moccasin invasion...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wouldn't need to shoot into the water or across it. The snake is already in the grass......
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#43]
I stand by my statement.

Fellow shooters- the "rat" has exposed himself and his name is dHUTCH.  Let him know what you think of "rats".
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I stand by my statement.

Fellow shooters- the "rat" has exposed himself and his name is dHUTCH.  Let him know what you think of "rats".
View Quote

So you'd be ok with people shooting from another piece of property on to yours?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I stand by my statement.

I bet he has a 1000 page report and study on how public land boots the economy
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#46]
OK- perhaps you are not the "rat"- obviously you have no clue about the place.

Still does not change my opinion of you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#47]
COC 2,5,6,7.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top