Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2016 7:53:57 PM EDT
On the northbound side of Kuykendahl passed Spring Cypress.

Jen expanding?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I just moved to the area, and have been looking for good gun stores...

I work near 1960/Kuykendahl

I've checked out Spring guns & ammo and a few of the smaller shops around.

Still need to check out TAC-47 Industries

You're saying there is a new store going in?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:09:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Not related or an expansion.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
That is your store name though, right?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Another small place west of Kuykendahl on 2920, Texas Shooter Supply.  Only been in once, Lady working the counter was helpful. Met the owner Dmitriy who I suspect might have been at TAC47 prior to this. He has exactly the personality that one would hope for in an Eastern European gun guy.  Given the ATF direction on home based FFLs, small gun shops ought to pop up all over the place.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Isn't there a arfcom member named "stickman"?  Wonder if hes affiliated with the store because they sure like using his copyrighted images on their web page.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
..... Given the ATF direction on home based FFLs, small gun shops ought to pop up all over the place.
View Quote

Explain.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Explain.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
..... Given the ATF direction on home based FFLs, small gun shops ought to pop up all over the place.

Explain.

People keep stating that the ATF doesn't want to issue licenses to kitchen table FFLs anymore, yet they continue to do it.  ATF is constantly changing their definition of "in the business" and trying to make their own laws like usual.  Some distributors have stopped doing business with home based FFLs according to some of the gun blogs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Isn't there a arfcom member named "stickman"?  Wonder if hes affiliated with the store because they sure like using his copyrighted images on their web page.
View Quote

"They" who?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
TAC47 is/was on Louetta, correct?
Never been in but I've been by hundreds of times. Maybe my son shops there.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is and it is being dealt with.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

People keep stating that the ATF doesn't want to issue licenses to kitchen table FFLs anymore, yet they continue to do it.  ATF is constantly changing their definition of "in the business" and trying to make their own laws like usual.  Some distributors have stopped doing business with home based FFLs according to some of the gun blogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain.

First, ATF hasn't given "direction" on home FFL's, matter of fact they see absolutely no difference in a home based business and one in a brick and mortar storefront.
Second, stop believing those "gun blogs". They are often wholly and completely full of shit.
No ATF regulation has ever prohibited home based businesses from being issued a Federal Firearms License. To do so would require a change in Federal law.
There have always been distributors that dislike doing business with small timers. They would understandably want to focus their efforts with the biggest accounts.

A prime example of a gun blog that is wholly and completely full of shit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"They" who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"They" who?

They as the Texas tactical in Spring.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, I'd send him a PM.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Since I started this thread I guess I need to drive my screen named ride up there and check them out myself.
If they're on here they can call me out if they want to or not but my son has been there and said it's "interesting" layout-wise.

I hate thieves and rip Offs!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top