Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2016 8:19:54 PM EDT
Got accepted for this fall for their MBA program.   Anyone here attend or know about the school?  Was there the other day to see advising and register for classes and I felt like the only white person around.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
What parking really like?
Academic resources, other than he library
Daily life/events on campus
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Got accepted for this fall for their MBA program.   Anyone here attend or know about the school?  Was there the other day to see advising and register for classes and I felt like the only white person around.
View Quote

UTD is full of Asians, many here on specialty visas for advanced STEM degrees, and hopefully not to steal our proprietary U.S. technology and information to take back home to their foreign countries, to either benefit their own foreign power and/or harm U.S. national security
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:09:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I graduated back in 2005 and haven't been back in ten years. Went to visit last month and was quite impressed. The campus looks nothing like it was ten years ago. Very modern and up to date. Not run down, cold, and sterile like it used to be. Can't say much about the parking situation or campus life but the MBA program is pretty good. Congrats on your acceptance.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UTD is full of Asians, many here on specialty visas for advanced STEM degrees, and hopefully not to steal our proprietary U.S. technology and information to take back home to their foreign countries, to either benefit their own foreign power and/or harm U.S. national security
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. I used to get lunch at the Chipotle right there and it was line out the door foreign national students every weekday, not that that bothered me, but I share the same concerns. Funny area, the Chinese restaurant by my old shop had shark fin on the menu.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Care to share any details about the program? I've been considering it. Are you doing the 'executive' MBA? When are classes? How long will it take you to complete it? Cost?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
All I know is it has sure changed since I worked there as a non-commissioned officer for the PD in 1982.  We were hell on parking tickets then, I'm sure they still are.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Care to share any details about the program? I've been considering it. Are you doing the 'executive' MBA? When are classes? How long will it take you to complete it? Cost?
View Quote

Doing a combined MS in Marketing/Full time MBA, so 63 credit hours total vs 53 just for the MBA.  Time is 3 years and a summer tossed in. Classes are offered during the day and many at night 7-945pm, with online options as well.  Costs?  Varies on residency but they said just the full time MBA is about $32k total and the Pro is about $40K or so.  I'm using up the rest of my GI Bill time on it.

http://jindal.utdallas.edu/admission-requirements/#03-mba-programs
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I am about a quarter of the way through with their mba program (it and marketing) and my brother is getting his masters in it management. If you have any questions feel free to message me. No brainer, but make sure you attend the social events.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife received an MBA from there about fifteen years ago. I was never impressed with the coursework and some of the "homework" questions were stupid. Be careful if you  are required to do group projects who you do them with.

One clown called her saying his part of the project was corrupted when his PC shit the bed. She has him come to her apartment and redo the work and has me babysit his silly ass while she goes to her parents. He was a fuckin NUT. Took his shoes off and on about a dozen times and went out to walk in the cold rain to "clear his head" five or six times and muttered to himself a good bit of the time.

He knew coming in that I needed to be out of the house by five and at seven he is still "redoing" the work from three pages of scribbled notes and drinking cup after cup of coffee. It was clear that he had not done his part of the work and was trying to gain sympathy and a pass from the group.  He changed programs shortly after that.

My wife just got home from work and she had forgotten about the goof.

Who knows if it advanced her career or not, she has always been pretty sharp and does not mention the degree unless someone asks. She is a senior IT manager for a company you have heard of.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I am going to subscribe to your thread, because I will be applying/enrolling in their MBA soon. I had planned on applying for this fall but I have been procrastinating taking the GMAT. I just took an ASQ exam June 4th in the Jindal Building and can say that I like the facility.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know about the graduate program, but I have been very impressed with UTD in general and the Management school
in particular.  My daughter is a rising sophomore in the Finance program. She lived on campus last year and really enjoyed the
school and the program.  She was involved in a lot of different activities on campus last year.  She was accepted to UT Austin but chose
UTD because they actually acted like they were glad to have her as a student.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My wife received an MBA from there about fifteen years ago. I was never impressed with the coursework and some of the "homework" questions were stupid. Be careful if you  are required to do group projects who you do them with.

View Quote

My ex-wife tried it for one semester about that same time with her best friend. They didn't go back. They both already had professional jobs and didn't want to put in the work for the MBA. I was surprised by the amount of group work they had to do. They had one indian guy who was pretty sharp. He invited them to his wedding, so of course, the husbands got to tag a long. It was an arranged marriage, they had met and knew each other, but their families made the decision, not them. I think the ceremony was some type orthodox religion, christian based, but again, 80% of it was in a foreign language. Everyone took their shoes off outside the church, like a 2 hour ceremony. Catered indian food at Stone Briar country club after.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top