Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2016 7:01:42 PM EDT
I think it is interesting that the Houston Gay Pride Events have declared themselves "Target Rich Environments"...   Oops "Gun Free Zones"...

What is Very interesting twist is they have decided "They" can turn open public spaces of city streets and sidewalks (protected by state law) into their own 30.07 & 30.06 Gun Free Zones...

I have to work, but otherwise I'd be temped to open carry an AK there just for the LOLs of making Liberal Heads Explode and seeing what the City (Mayor says he is fully on-board with this) would do...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the AG needs to send some fines to the city of Houston
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think it is interesting that the Houston Gay Pride Events have declared themselves "Target Rich Environments"...   Oops "Gun Free Zones"...

What is Very interesting twist is they have decided "They" can turn open public spaces of city streets and sidewalks (protected by state law) into their own 30.07 & 30.06 Gun Free Zones...

I have to work, but otherwise I'd be temped to open carry an AK there just for the LOLs of making Liberal Heads Explode and seeing what the City (Mayor says he is fully on-board with this) would do...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

They can't do that, if premises are owned by a state, county or municipal agency 30.06/30.07 are invalid.  Unless it is an otherwise specifically proscribed place (like a court room) you can generally carry in a public place like a city street or sidewalk.  Streets and sidewalks are about as public of places as you can get.

That said, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to intentionally go and make an appearance even though you'd be totally within your rights to do so...  Primarily because someone from the other side is very likely to unilaterally resort to violence and cause an incident that given the libfascist governments of Harris County/Houston would likely not go well for you even if you did nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The mayor's onboard with this, huh? And the wife said city of Houston just got rid of a worse one!

I agree it would be an expensive way to make a point.

I guess it went okay; no breaking news on my phone this morning.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Fort Worth gun show had a bunch of gays shopping.
They didn't try to make the show a gun free zone.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish their were some accurate stats on how many in the gay population are now getting guns and rejecting cankles.  Personally I believe here is a large number that realized the people they have been supporting over the years are the ones that really hate them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wish their were some accurate stats on how many in the gay population are now getting guns and rejecting cankles.  Personally I believe here is a large number that realized the people they have been supporting over the years are the ones that really hate them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This +1.  Not being religious, I feel it is none of my business what people do in their bedrooms.  Sure, I don't particularly like seeing dude smooching, but there are a lot of straight couples that make me want to hurl when I see PDAs too.

If enough gays turn into gun people or at least gun accepting people, it will maybe make a few people on the left realize they need to be accepting of gun owners.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw this over on TexasCHLForum... but I also noticed that they pulled the posts off of facebook and twitter about it, leaving only the post on the website.  There was also no reports of signs or being turned away... but how many LTCers were actually there?  I think that someone got a hold of them and said that they couldn't do that.  No idea if it was enforced or not.

If it had been Fort Worth, I would have gone just to get this ball rolling.

The event and parade was held on the grounds of the city hall and adjacent public square, public library, and Tranquility Park... with the parade being on oublic streets, obviously.

They know darn good and well that with the whole "Citizen writes a letter and has to give them three business days to comply" current complaint requirement that they can do this type of thing temorarily and not face any possible penalty.

This is going to happen more and more at these 1-3 day event type things.  Next it will be the Houston Marathon, then the San Antonio Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, then the Austin 4oJ Fireworks and parade, and then the Dallas this, and the El Paso that.  All along, the TX LEG feels like they addressed this and will be extremely reluctant to do anything more with it.

We have two workable solutions:

1. Any and all 30.06/07 signs must be provided by the state, after a location fills out a registration form, pays a fee of $100 per 5 years (per .06/.07 sign), and then provides proof that they are eligible for the sign.  Each sign will have a unique ID number, name and physical address of the approved location and a "Valid until:" date at the bottom in letters no less than 1".  No sign with the right stuff at the bottom, carry away, and they cannot provide verbal notice.

2. The AG's office already have a web form that you can fill out to file a 30.06 complaint (after 3 days) and they already have a 1-800 number set up (I have called it a couple times).  Staff it 24/7, remove the whole 3 day requirement, and make it so that the default setting is not "You keep the sign while we take 90+ days to figure out if it is illegal or not, then we give you 10 days to take it down after we determine that you are violating Texans' sacred rights."  The new default setting is either take down or cover the sign, or stop giving verbal notice until we investigate and then, and only then, can you start displaying the sign again after 90+ days of review.  The complaint can be made instantly by anyone via the web form, or the phone number.  Just give the person on the phone a name and address.  They call that municipality, or call the local police to go take down or cover the sign until a review is done, with a requirement that the sign be down or covered within 24 hours of the call, or $10k per day gets started immediately.

Neither of these will happen.  Frankly, we are darn lucky that we got what we got in 2015.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I saw this over on TexasCHLForum... but I also noticed that they pulled the posts off of facebook and twitter about it, leaving only the post on the website.  There was also no reports of signs or being turned away... but how many LTCers were actually there?  I think that someone got a hold of them and said that they couldn't do that.  No idea if it was enforced or not.

If it had been Fort Worth, I would have gone just to get this ball rolling.

The event and parade was held on the grounds of the city hall and adjacent public square, public library, and Tranquility Park... with the parade being on oublic streets, obviously.

They know darn good and well that with the whole "Citizen writes a letter and has to give them three business days to comply" current complaint requirement that they can do this type of thing temorarily and not face any possible penalty.

This is going to happen more and more at these 1-3 day event type things.  Next it will be the Houston Marathon, then the San Antonio Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, then the Austin 4oJ Fireworks and parade, and then the Dallas this, and the El Paso that.  All along, the TX LEG feels like they addressed this and will be extremely reluctant to do anything more with it.

We have two workable solutions:

1. Any and all 30.06/07 signs must be provided by the state, after a location fills out a registration form, pays a fee of $100 per 5 years (per .06/.07 sign), and then provides proof that they are eligible for the sign.  Each sign will have a unique ID number, name and physical address of the approved location and a "Valid until:" date at the bottom in letters no less than 1".  No sign with the right stuff at the bottom, carry away, and they cannot provide verbal notice.

2. The AG's office already have a web form that you can fill out to file a 30.06 complaint (after 3 days) and they already have a 1-800 number set up (I have called it a couple times).  Staff it 24/7, remove the whole 3 day requirement, and make it so that the default setting is not "You keep the sign while we take 90+ days to figure out if it is illegal or not, then we give you 10 days to take it down after we determine that you are violating Texans' sacred rights."  The new default setting is either take down or cover the sign, or stop giving verbal notice until we investigate and then, and only then, can you start displaying the sign again after 90+ days of review.  The complaint can be made instantly by anyone via the web form, or the phone number.  Just give the person on the phone a name and address.  They call that municipality, or call the local police to go take down or cover the sign until a review is done, with a requirement that the sign be down or covered within 24 hours of the call, or $10k per day gets started immediately.

Neither of these will happen.  Frankly, we are darn lucky that we got what we got in 2015.

View Quote

I really like your idea #1 maybe requiring training to business that want to put up 30.06/30.07 signs, so that the businesses understand that those of us who have LTC have been scrutinized more than most employers scrutinize their employees.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Property owners rights should always be placed up front.  No reason to make them pay a fee to post.  You don't like it, don't give them money (and make sure they know).  

I don't spend money at a 30.06 place (although they are pretty rare where I go.  I'm not as concerned with 30.07 as I understand where a business owner might want to go that route, and by not posting 30.06 are not taking away the ability to carry.  

The less the government is involved with anything, the better.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:21:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Property owners rights should always be placed up front.  No reason to make them pay a fee to post.  You don't like it, don't give them money (and make sure they know).  

I don't spend money at a 30.06 place (although they are pretty rare where I go.  I'm not as concerned with 30.07 as I understand where a business owner might want to go that route, and by not posting 30.06 are not taking away the ability to carry.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why use the power of the government to ban a person's right to self defense? Let's say then a business can put up 'no gun' signs, but it is not a criminal act to carry a gun in concealed or openly, see less government.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#11]
The idea that the Houston mayor, or other lib-tard public officials, can just violate State law (by deciding on a whim that open public spaces will become 30.07 & 30.06 "gun prohibited zones") and then get away scot free with it is... "unsettling"...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#12]
sigh...when will people learn. This story and the one in GD about the EU restricting semi-autos to increase their safety are going to make my head explode.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:57:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd say it might be time to OC. Any takers?

I'm in.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm in.
View Quote

Well, it was last weekend,
so, you may be the only one there.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in.

A day late and a three dollar bill short.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Was garage sale-ing with my dad last Sunday, and we ran across a semi-attractive girl and her girlfriend that had their heads half-shaved, and their faces and bodies were still partially smeared/covered in rainbow paint from whatever party they had been at the night before.

My dad asked them - "Whats the prognosis?"

They both looked at him confused..

He said "For whatever is going on with your head - did the Dr. say its survivable?"

Me, and the couple of people standing around fell out laughing.. the couple didn't find it funny and left immediately..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top