Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2016 10:55:28 AM EDT
One of my friends is now in the market for an AR15 - talks of bans being the driving force.

My advice to her was to buy mid-level (guessing $800-$1200) and then take classes to learn how to use it.

It's been a while since I purchased a gun and was disappointed to learn that Cypress Armory is closed.

Where do you shop for good deals? Also, is the Pasadena gun show worth visiting for a good deal?

If you want to contribute opinions on a good rifle for a woman, I'm open to that as well. I'm guessing 16 inch with collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
AGR Outdoors on Cypress N Houston. Cypress Armory closed because of many reasons. I hate to bash but there are still a few folks out there that are looking for their paid orders to include NFA items.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You can try the Pasadena gun show but I have no idea if prices will be reasonable or if everyone is going to go full retard.  

She could always order parts from various places online and you could build her one for a reasonable amount still.

I just put together a couple cheap ones from parts from PSA a few weeks ago.  Their emails still show reasonable prices.  Won't be high end but it will function.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's a good price.  Some co-workers ran over there this week to pick up some lowers and said the place was hopping.  

I was going to go with them but I'd have spent more money than I need to.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Sad to hear that about CA. Didn't know what happened.

I always forget about AGR even though I've been there several times. It's close to me so I think we'll go there first. I've never been to Tomball Pawn but was considering there as well.

Need a new optic so maybe PA should be the first stop since they close at noon.

Will make the gun show a last resort if possible.

Thanks for the ideas, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell her to buy it online. If she really wants to pay the extra $100 or so to buy it local, Primary Arms is the place to buy it from.

AFAIK, you can still get an M&P for around 600, a ruger for just under that, and last I saw, there were some crazy deals for colt 6920's from CDNN...

If I had extra cash, I would be buying some (due to prices, not panic)...

Edit: if you buy from cdnn, don't get the extra shit that comes with the rife. The "package deal" bipod, scope, rings, and rifle case are complete garbage. If you do, sell them immediately, don't even try to use the scope, it will just piss you off
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the first thing to do is explain how no ban is gonna happen no matter how hard odumbo wants it. The 2nd would be to make sure your not paying panic pricing. Try theses spots

http://www.bigguysshootingsupplies.com

http://www.texianfirearms.com
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

One of my friends is now in the market for an AR15 - talks of bans being the driving force.

My advice to her was to buy mid-level (guessing $800-$1200) and then take classes to learn how to use it.

It's been a while since I purchased a gun and was disappointed to learn that Cypress Armory is closed.

Where do you shop for good deals? Also, is the Pasadena gun show worth visiting for a good deal?

If you want to contribute opinions on a good rifle for a woman, I'm open to that as well. I'm guessing 16 inch with collapsible stock.
View Quote

Primary arms sells them I Believe
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#9]
If you go to Tomball pawn work them on the price; deals are available. It will pay off if you're in NW.
My buddy has an ffl and he still buys there.
EM me if you think you may go and I'll give you the password.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#10]
CDNN
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Primary Arms is awesome, pricing is great, people are nice.

I really like Texian. Great guys, lots of unique & cool gear, willing to take partial/complete trades or buy off you.

Pretty sure they are Aggies too, so that helps
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
There are a number of places around town depending on what you want and how much you're willing to pay.  Since I'm on the west side of town I'm more familiar with some out this way.  Xtreme guns and ammo is located in Richmond is both online and store front.  Depending on what rifle you select you may be able to find it at Academy.  Other possibilities are Top Gun range, Collector's Firearms, Fountain Firearms, plus those already mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#13]
We ended up buying from AGR Outdoors. She bought a suppressor as well!

Now I'm looking for a stripped lower to SBR one more before 41p.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We ended up buying from AGR Outdoors. She bought a suppressor as well!

Now I'm looking for a stripped lower to SBR one more before 41p.
View Quote

AGR has always been very competitive and great to deal with.  I have purchase 3 firearms from them, and brought friends there who have bought another half dozen plus.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:05:55 AM EDT
[#15]
PSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top