Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2016 6:18:34 PM EDT
I am in Fort Worth and one of the nuts welded to the frame truck body to attach one of the four screws to bolt my passenger seat down broke free. I'm looking for someone who can fix this by either rewelding the nut to the frame or fabricating something to secure the seat.

The dealership wouldn't touch it. I've found some autoshops who are backed up a couple weeks. Has anyone had something similar happen and if so who did the repair? I can't see the nut from the undercarriage of the truck, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Go try a muffler shop. I had a couple plates welded on a trailer axle at an independent muffler shop in Dallas a few years back.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Find a race shop or 4x4 shop

They can usually make sure its done correctly
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Well... at least you know one dealership not to do biz with in the future!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]
OP are you sure it's on the frame and not the floor pan?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go try a muffler shop. I had a couple plates welded on a trailer axle at an independent muffler shop in Dallas a few years back.
View Quote

Those kinds of guys can weld damn near anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top