Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2016 2:13:40 PM EDT
Like the title says,

My questions are as follows:

1. Can i open carry in TX, or do i need a TX ccw permit?
2. Can i Conceal Carry in TX or do i need a CCW permit?
3. Can i Open Carry a Rifle?
4. Where are the best BBQ joints in Dallas??? (this i must know).

Thank you,

Gene
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
1 -2, Yes you need a permit.
3 - Yes.
4-Just go to Dickey's, it's a chain, but a Dallas based TEXAS chain, so probably superior to anything you ever got in CA.

Let us know what part of town you will be in and we can provide more specific recommendations.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
http://hutchinsbbq.com/

The one in frisco is almost next door to me!

Dickies is more like fast food BBQ. (its decent but nothing like hutchins)

Frisco gun club also is a great place to rent/try guns.

If possible just bring everything you own with you and stay in Texas. We want more  gun nuts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I go to the Hutchins in McKinney. I have not tried some of the bigger ones. I hear hard 8 is good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Railhead in Ft Worth for the BBQ
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I go to the Hutchins in McKinney. I have not tried some of the bigger ones. I hear hard 8 is good.
View Quote

Hutchinsin McKinney is good, plus if you really want to try all the Bar B Q, they have all you can eat for like $18.95, they will come to the table and you just tell them to bring more of whatever you want. Plus they have catfish, which is good...

But everyone says this is one of the best in DFW, but I haven't been yet....https://www.pecanlodge.com/

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was at Rock & Brews this week and the aroma coming out of the Hard 8 was pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Hard 8 is excellent and the one north of DFW airport is easy to get to.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
DalLas is like L.A.   Yuge....where you gonna be?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Like the title says,

My questions are as follows:

1. Can i open carry in TX, or do i need a TX ccw permit?
2. Can i Conceal Carry in TX or do i need a CCW permit?
3. Can i Open Carry a Rifle?
4. Where are the best BBQ joints in Dallas??? (this i must know).

Thank you,

Gene
View Quote

1. You need a LTC to open carry a handgun in Texas -- and it must be in a belt or shoulder holster.  There are quite a few CHLs from other states that Texas recognizes as well.
2. You need an LTC to concealed carry a handgun in Texas.  Exceptions though are on property you control (like your motel room -- not common areas of the motel) you can open or concealed carry and in your car (must remain concealed).
3. You can open or concealed carry a long gun (rifle, shotgun) without an LTC.  However, realize that some LEOs will hassle you for it even though they shouldn't.  This is seems like it is less of an issue since open carry of handguns passed, but probably if you meet the wrong one on the wrong day it could go south.
4. I will leave this to people from up north...  I could tell you around the Austin area out 75 miles or so.  Nearest place to DFW I'd highly recommend is Snow's in Lexington, TX.  They are only open to the public on Saturdays and you need to get there early like 10am or you run the risk they will sell out...  But it is worth it and damned good.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're going to be in Dallas proper:
Lockhart Smokehouse in the Bishop Arts District (Plano as well)
The Slow Bone off of Irving Blvd.
Pecan Lodge (Insane long line).
3 stacks in Frisco.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Slow Bone is pretty good, their fried chicken is really good too. Pecan Lodge is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#12]
You're not stocking up on mags and lowers?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you're going to be in Dallas proper:
Lockhart Smokehouse in the Bishop Arts District (Plano as well)
The Slow Bone off of Irving Blvd.
Pecan Lodge (Insane long line).
3 stacks in Frisco.
View Quote

Will check these out. looked them up online, sound good.

Fucking Dickies, Please, we have them here, I don't need fast food bbq. You guys with the Dickies response need to get your heads out of your asses, bitches please.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hard 8 is excellent and the one north of DFW airport is easy to get to.
View Quote

will check it out.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
3 - Yes.
4-Just go to Dickey's, it's a chain, but a Dallas based TEXAS chain, so probably superior to anything you ever got in CA.

Let us know what part of town you will be in and we can provide more specific recommendations.
View Quote

How the fuck can i get a Permit when I get there?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 - Yes.

Texas honors Cali permits unlike Kali honoring Texas!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Texas does issue non-resident LTC.  You could take the class while you are here, but it would take a while for your app to be processed and your LTC issued.  But next time you visited Texas you would be GTG.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Texas honors Cali permits unlike Kali honoring Texas!!!
View Quote

That may not matter.  CA permits are nearly unobtainum in most parts of Kali unless you are extremely well connected politically.  It would probably be easier for him to get a non-resident permit from another state or even from Texas than to get a CA permit.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top