Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2016 8:20:17 AM EDT
Anybody know a good gunsmith in the Austin area?
I have a Savage 10 that I need a scope rail mounted on. I would do it myself, but it seems there is an problem with the threads in one of the holes in the receiver.
Also the rail holes are not lining up with the holes in the receiver, not sure which is off, the rail or receiver.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#1]
My brother and I have been using Blackjack Gunsmithing in north Austin on Pond Springs road. Does pretty good work, but he's very busy. Cash only as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for AJ at Blackjack Gunsmithing
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:24:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Mark Pharr at Tumbleweed Customs in RR. He's busy as well, and cash only, but he knows his way around a bolt rifle.

Shoot him an email, or give him a call. He runs his shop out of his home, and usually turns around simple jobs (like this) in a couple of weeks.

http://www.tumbleweedsrifles.com/
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Dropped it off at Blackjack this morning. Thanks for all the replies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top