Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]

The datasets used in Tuesday's forecast all indicated conditions were right for a 'perfect storm' type of event. Those conditions were the most intense in like 35 years. It wasn't until the event was unfolding that mother nature changed her fickle mind.

It's fortunate that the dry-line stalled farther west of DFW. Had it not stalled, multiple long-tracking strong tornados in a metropolitan area with 7 million people is a horror scenario I can do without.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.mtcradio.com/baofeng-uv-5rt-hand-held-dual-band-transceiver-usa-warranty/

If you wanna get your feet wet listening to RACES and storm chasers, he's your cheap bastard starter kit. I think I've had mine 4 or 5 years and it's starting to have problems, but it still mostly works. I've got better stuff now, but it gets unplugged from the antennas when the lightening bolts start flying. This guy has all kinds of stuff though, only limited by your wallet.
View Quote

Thanks for costing me money!.

Since MTC is local to me I had to stop by.  Now to figure out how to program them.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The datasets used in Tuesday's forecast all indicated conditions were right for a 'perfect storm' type of event. Those conditions were the most intense in like 35 years. It wasn't until the event was unfolding that mother nature changed her fickle mind.

It's fortunate that the dry-line stalled farther west of DFW. Had it not stalled, multiple long-tracking strong tornados in a metropolitan area with 7 million people is a horror scenario I can do without.

View Quote

So essentially, the storm knew of my challenge and hesitated out of cowardice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Essentially yes.

Title update to reflect tomorrow's storms!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I get to run all over DFW tomorrow, oh boy
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Had some small hail last night around midnight.

Big storms are supposed to fire up today around 6.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, the forecast was wrong then. Always impresses me how weather forecasters will totally miss a forecast and blame the weather changing as an excuse. "Weather reporting" in DFW now has twisted itself into hysteria, scaring people half to death.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#8]
]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Since MTC is local to me I had to stop by.  Now to figure out how to program them.

Semper Fi
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.mtcradio.com/baofeng-uv-5rt-hand-held-dual-band-transceiver-usa-warranty/

If you wanna get your feet wet listening to RACES and storm chasers, he's your cheap bastard starter kit. I think I've had mine 4 or 5 years and it's starting to have problems, but it still mostly works. I've got better stuff now, but it gets unplugged from the antennas when the lightening bolts start flying. This guy has all kinds of stuff though, only limited by your wallet.

Semper Fi

I've never been to his shop, I've always ordered online or bought from him at ham conventions. Did you get the programming cable? There's a free program called Chirp that you can use to program your frequencies.

Don't forget this:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2661

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2661&tab=ham
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
How we looking ladies?

Does Aeolus wish to challenge me once again?

COME AEOLUS, OH MIGHTY GOD OF THE WIND! COME FOR ME COCIJO, JUPITER AND BA'AL! I DO NOT FEAR YOU! WILL YOU COME FOR ME, OR WILL YOU SHOW YOUR COWARDICE TO ME ONCE MORE?

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How we looking ladies?

Does Aeolus wish to challenge me once again?

COME AEOLUS, OH MIGHTY GOD OF THE WIND! COME FOR ME COCIJO, JUPITER AND BA'AL! I DO NOT FEAR YOU! WILL YOU COME FOR ME, OR WILL YOU SHOW YOUR COWARDICE TO ME ONCE MORE?

View Quote

Starting to form southwest of us.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#13]

I have issued my challenge to the gods of the wind and storms. Now we will see what they are made of!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Tornado near Sherman in Grayson County.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like its about to hit S DFW in the next little while
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Lots of mid-level rotation in the Bosque County cell.

It's headed NW to south central Dallas.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I survived!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm Northeast of Tyler, but where I used to live, Lindale, TX got hit pretty hard.  Hibbit Sports (they do not sell guns, would not be surprised if no one on here has heard of it) and Dollar Tree building was destroyed on US 69 in Lindale.  Many other structures damaged, trees down, etc, but praise God no people killed last I have heard.  But more storms on the way, and lots of stuff going on northeast of here where the storms traveled including dropping tornadoes on the way.  Local media (KLTV/KTBB among others) showing lots of pics of the damage.  At least i'm not out in it working tonight.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top