Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2016 5:04:48 PM EDT
In need of a 6'+ X 14' open utility trailer to haul a couple ATV's from time to time. Not looking for the strongest most durable thing out there, but not a flimsy POS. Anybody have any reasonable but reputable trailer builders around the Houston area? Need something kind of quick.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
friend got a maxxey....price was right and very innovative features.  google em
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
check out trout tire in porter

http://trouttiretrailers.com/home

can't make it hot
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
check out trout tire in porter

http://trouttiretrailers.com/home

can't make it hot
View Quote

I agree. My family owns multiple trailers from trout.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Just be careful,, make sure you stay away from home made trailers, lots of times they aren't made square and won't pull straight without weaving.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Have a few trailers from trailer wheel and frame. They seem to hold up
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Big Tex  makes nice, affordable trailers. I bought a 50LA-16 from them in 2014, tandem axle, spare tire, built in ramps for like $2400. I'm actually in the market for another one of their trailers looking to downsize to a 12'. Anyway nothing but good things to say about them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the biggest wheels you can. I have a small business and have had probably close to 15 trailers of various sizes over the past ten years. I won't own one unless it has 16" 8 lug wheels even if I am just going to be hauling something small. The larger 8 lug axles have much better bearings and brakes In them and the tires seem to hold up so much better even with light loads. I doubt you will find 16's on a trailer that size but make sure it at least has 15's. They put some 13 or 14's on some of those small trailers and in my experience they are junk.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys, Trout Tire Trailer has the best deal I have found .... by far! They have a 14' ATV trailer w/ side load, full size spare, and tube/pipe construction for what the other guys are charging for a regular trailer w/ no side load and angle iron construction
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a 16' from this company. I really like it.

http://www.texastrailersupply.com
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Hit Craigslist they have them all the time for a lot less that you can buy it new. I bought an 5' X 10' tilt trailer for $600 about two years ago. It was five years old. At the time a new one was going for $1,100.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I got a good deal on my 5x8 with ramp from Texas Trailer Supply.  I use it to haul a good amount of hunting/camping gear and my Grizzly.  Been very happy with it so far (2+ yrs now).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top