Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 2:16:17 PM EDT
Since Texas went to the new system of car registration, can you still pay your bill by mail?

My sticker is good till the end of Feb - usually by this time I've gotten the bill.  But all I've recieved so far is a letter from the state talking about the new one sticker system, and some nonsense about how I can pay if I go to a tax assessor's office, which I wish to avoid about at all costs.

Have you all gotten your yearly bill by mail, and have you paid it also by mail?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't get the 3 part form, you have to go to the tax office.
Was told you can online register,also.
I stood in line.............
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
How soon before the end of the month are people getting their renewal forms, if they'r still doing that?

I got that generality email about 2 weeks ago, but so far (7 Feb) nothing for my car renewal, which is due by the end of the month.

Did the state really screw this up to the point that you can't renew by mail anymore?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I have done it several times. Process is same.

If there is no current Inspection, they send it back to you telling you to get one or send in the inspection form.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Tom Thumb and Kroger can process it providing you have your inspection certificate.  Takes a whole 3 minutes to get your sticker, just pay them the fee.  Just make sure to go to one in your county.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Or you could just pay for it online.  Inspection is updated in the system the second the inspection place hits process.  Take only a few steps and the sticker comes in a few days
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The one I got for my 2014 car was just a letter.  The new car inspection ran out before the registration was due.  So I had to get it inspected first.  I did that as soon as I got the letter and waited a week then went on line and did  it.....never got the 3 part for it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since Texas went to the new system of car registration, can you still pay your bill by mail?

My sticker is good till the end of Feb - usually by this time I've gotten the bill.  But all I've recieved so far is a letter from the state talking about the new one sticker system, and some nonsense about how I can pay if I go to a tax assessor's office, which I wish to avoid about at all costs.

Have you all gotten your yearly bill by mail, and have you paid it also by mail?

Thanks,
View Quote

I just went through this as I did not get my registration renewal in the mail like I usually do.

Go get your car inspected and hold on to the paperwork.

Apply for the registration online and, I believe, the state will look up the inspection report, tie the two to each other, and approve your registration.

Once approved, mine came within a week.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or you could just pay for it online.  Inspection is updated in the system the second the inspection place hits process.  Take only a few steps and the sticker comes in a few days
View Quote

When all of this first started, I looked at renewing one of my vehicles online, but the odd part was that
they were still charging me the extra $1 fee that they charge for mailing it in.

On a side note, I had just gotten six of my vehicles on an every-other-month schedule a couple of years ago.
Now I have to go back to having two or three done in one month. At least the 90-day window helps with that part.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#9]
This is all so they will stop loosing 8% of inspection fee every year when I wait until the day after my inspection is due to get a new one....lol.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Note:  my mother mailed hers in and they sent it back because her inspection was "going" to expire in a couple of weeks.  So I took her car, got it inspected and then the next day sent in via the internet and all was fine.  I also got my car inspected and then submitted on internet and it worked fine also.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

what chaps my ass is they charge you a "convenience fee" to renew by mail ($1) or online ($2) and don't charge extra if you go to the tax office.  how in the hell is it cheaper for the state/county to pay people to be assholes, keep the lights on, building, insurance, etc.?  

they should be pushing everyone to renew online or by mail, they could shitcan half the morons working at the tax office and save some taxpayer money.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is all so they will stop loosing 8% of inspection fee every year when I wait until the day after my inspection is due to get a new one....lol.
View Quote

you could push it further, i believe there is a 5-day grace period for expired stickers.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

you could push it further, i believe there is a 5-day grace period for expired stickers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to state patrol and the Travis county tax office this is false.  The first day of the following month you are considered late.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

what chaps my ass is they charge you a "convenience fee" to renew by mail ($1) or online ($2) and don't charge extra if you go to the tax office.  how in the hell is it cheaper for the state/county to pay people to be assholes, keep the lights on, building, insurance, etc.?  

they should be pushing everyone to renew online or by mail, they could shitcan half the morons working at the tax office and save some taxpayer money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Williamson county charges you an extra $2 if you use a debt card, because you don't bring your check book with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top