BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The level of chatty-ness has grown exponetially since December. Prior to the new year I could go a week or two without getting a single notification from them. Now I get 10 a day. I have Austin, Buda, Kyle, and College Station on my notification list. The level of activity on that mailing list is purely related to the number of signs being spotted. I hope that many will come down over time. Especially those temporary ones printed on a sheet of paper and taped to a door. Lots of places are posting both types of signs either out of ignorance of the law or a renewed interest in banning guns with the passage of open carry. I too have a gut feeling that there are people going around selling (or giving) these signs to stores telling them that they are required to post them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Signed up for that this weekend.  It's a very chatty mailing list,

The level of chatty-ness has grown exponetially since December. Prior to the new year I could go a week or two without getting a single notification from them. Now I get 10 a day. I have Austin, Buda, Kyle, and College Station on my notification list. The level of activity on that mailing list is purely related to the number of signs being spotted. I hope that many will come down over time. Especially those temporary ones printed on a sheet of paper and taped to a door. Lots of places are posting both types of signs either out of ignorance of the law or a renewed interest in banning guns with the passage of open carry. I too have a gut feeling that there are people going around selling (or giving) these signs to stores telling them that they are required to post them.

Found out the Texas Democrat party is both giving away signs and selling them cheap for like $5.00.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Found out the Texas Democrat party is both giving away signs and selling them cheap for like $5.00.
View Quote

I figured there had to be some of that going on Don. $7 each according to this article
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Too bad it's not legal to stick these on their doors.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ask one of the convenience store attendants where they got the sign from.  This is the same sign I have been seeing all the different convenient stores.

He said it was supplied by the convenience stores association.  At least now we know who to address.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just ask one of the convenience store attendants where they got the sign from.  This is the same sign I have been seeing all the different convenient stores.

He said it was supplied by the convenience stores association.  At least now we know who to address.
View Quote

Their website will not accept e mails from regular citizens. The fools are just helping arm criminals but forcing us to leave our handguns in our cars to be stolen, to murder their members.

Will call later today.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Kim Son Chinese Restaurant in Houston has both 30.06 and 30.07.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stop-n-Rob association supports being defenseless.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They react out of fear.  There is no logic in the 30.06 signs since the criminals will be the only ones ignoring them.

I think I need to look into who at the association was pushed into giving these signs out. I smell a demo-rat.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well good.  When stop and rob employees start getting their tickets punched, maybe they will come to their senses.  Personally, if I see a sign, I just get back in the truck and go somewhere else.  It's not like there is a shortage of places to buy gas.  And right now, it's all cheap.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well good.  When stop and rob employees start getting their tickets punched, maybe they will come to their senses.  Personally, if I see a sign, I just get back in the truck and go somewhere else.  It's not like there is a shortage of places to buy gas.  And right now, it's all cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most likely will not change a thing.  They will just hire another min wage clerk.  The only way that will ever change is if people somehow get sued over it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Most likely will not change a thing.  They will just hire another min wage clerk.  The only way that will ever change is if people somehow get sued over it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree on that last point wholeheartedly.  

Someone brought up a good point.  If a business posts up a 30.06 and disarms you then are they liable in a civil suit if you were to be hurt in an armed robbery?  If so, that legal liability could be more convincing to business owners than anything else.

Are there any legal eagles here who could chime in possibly?

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://lonestargr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/original_GunFreeZone-300x226.png

View Quote
Would that be considered vandalism? They would be easy to remove in a couple of seconds.

Any cops out there want to answer?? I would love to sneak stickers like that on businesses. Hell, I would pay to print those.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Would that be considered vandalism? They would be easy to remove in a couple of seconds.

Any cops out there want to answer?? I would love to sneak stickers like that on businesses. Hell, I would pay to print those.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://lonestargr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/original_GunFreeZone-300x226.png

I was kidding.  I do not condone such actions and will have no idea if you do this.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was kidding.  I do not condone such actions and will have no idea if you do this.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, is that a promise not to chase me down and pistol whip me for copyright theft.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So, is that a promise not to chase me down and pistol whip me for copyright theft.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No pistols.  30.06 and 30.07 forbid such shenanigans.  I'll have to use a crow bar.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd recommend posting the sightings here.

https://www.texas3006.com/

They just released the app for this.  I had one of the beta test copies and it works well.  It alerts you when you're close enough to one of the locations.

https://www.texas3006.com/mobileapps.php

View Quote

Is the site down?   Getting a webpage not available screen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd recommend posting the sightings here.

https://www.texas3006.com/
They just released the app for this.  I had one of the beta test copies and it works well.  It alerts you when you're close enough to one of the locations.

https://www.texas3006.com/mobileapps.php

It works for me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Went up to Lucy's fried chicken in Lakeway. Had 30.06/30.07 signs at one entrance out of 5 entrances to the two building. No signs on the patio. Also the signs were on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper taped up. The letters on a glance were maybe 1/2" tall not 1".  The check in for seating was outside, never even had to go inside the buildings.

If they wanted the restaurant to be gun free, then the entire area needs to be posted.

What bothers me the most is WE are expected to obey the letter of the law, but these businesses seem to be able to get away with being sloppy about the law.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#20]
and how many badguys are going to be OC a pistol ? The badguy is going to come in with it in his hand or concealed. So the 30.07 are the ones that have no logic

Quoted:
They react out of fear.  There is no logic in the 30.06 signs since the criminals will be the only ones ignoring them.

I think I need to look into who at the association was pushed into giving these signs out. I smell a demo-rat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

and how many badguys are going to be OC a pistol ? The badguy is going to come in with it in his hand or concealed. So the 30.07 are the ones that have no logic
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither one is logical.  It's the Same logic as a gun free zone sign. Criminals don't obey signs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Neither one is logical.  It's the Same logic as a gun free zone sign. Criminals don't obey signs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The criminal committing a FELONY, is not going to pay attention to some signs that are chicken shit misdemeanors. All gun laws are bullshit. Even NFA laws, if I was going the murder a bunch of people, would I worry about even 5 years in prison for an illegal full auto gun?

Gun laws are simply to punish gun owners for being gun owners. They will never stop crime, or criminals from getting guns.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I went to get a paper local 7-11 in Odessa had 30.06 and 30.07 signs. They never had a sign before. that sucks. Now the County Commissioners are having a meeting to decide whether to ban handguns at the courthouse.

Isn't there a law against posting 30.06 and 30.07 at the Courthouse? Just no carry in the Court itself.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I went to get a paper local 7-11 in Odessa had 30.06 and 30.07 signs. They never had a sign before. that sucks. Now the County Commissioners are having a meeting to decide whether to ban handguns at the courthouse.

Isn't there a law against posting 30.06 and 30.07 at the Courthouse? Just no carry in the Court itself.
View Quote

I think we're seeing some of the unintended but expected consequences of open carry.  Places that never had 30.06 are now getting both signs.  Since it's a class c misdemeanor ......well draw your own conclusions.

But this whole 30.06 thing needs to go away.  If you don't like someone carrying a gun ask them to leave.  It seems pretty simple.  Or if we're going to keep this sign regime I'd like to see the legislature give immunity to civil suit if they don't post the signs but allow them to be sued if they do.  That would remove the whole "it's for insurance reasons" bullshit.   Same for employer policies.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think we're seeing some of the unintended but expected consequences of open carry.  Places that never had 30.06 are now getting both signs. Since it's a class c misdemeanor ......well draw your own conclusions .

But this whole 30.06 thing needs to go away.  If you don't like someone carrying a gun ask them to leave.  It seems pretty simple.  Or if we're going to keep this sign regime I'd like to see the legislature give immunity to civil suit if they don't post the signs but allow them to be sued if they do.  That would remove the whole "it's for insurance reasons" bullshit.   Same for employer policies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we're seeing some of the unintended but expected consequences of open carry.  Places that never had 30.06 are now getting both signs. Since it's a class c misdemeanor ......well draw your own conclusions .

Only if your caught or seen. I guess its to PC to say what people are really doing. Just makes criminals out of good people is all its doing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I just sent an email to 7-11 corporate. They have a website for customer feedback. I don't think it will change a thing but it couldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Just noticed yesterday that the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston is sporting new 30.06 and 30.07 signs. Somebody else posted it to texas3006.com yesterday.

My membership comes up in a couple of months and I will let them know why I'm not renewing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Who owns the land MFA Houston sits on?  Is it the city?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#29]
No
Quoted:

The two credit unions I mentioned are the only banks I've seen posted so far. Wells Fargo and the other national banks haven't posted any that I've seen. In fact one of the local bank chains actually pulled down all their 30.06 signs sometime last year. Not sure if they've put up any 30.07 signs yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to one of my credit unions last Thursday and there was an 07 posted. Was going to talk to my other credit union to see about moving my stuff over to them only to find that they had done the same. I may be stuck with just Wells Fargo by the time it's all said and done.

Lol. You think banks aren't going to be putting these signs up left and right. These are the people that won't even allow you to wear a hat and sunglasses when you walk in because they are afraid you might rob the place. You think they want people walking in with guns openly carried on their hips?

Went to see "The Revenant" this week. Alamo Drafthouse put up 30.07 signs but you can still carry concealed which I did.

The two credit unions I mentioned are the only banks I've seen posted so far. Wells Fargo and the other national banks haven't posted any that I've seen. In fact one of the local bank chains actually pulled down all their 30.06 signs sometime last year. Not sure if they've put up any 30.07 signs yet.

Only bank I've noticed anything at is the Associated Credit Union by me in Santa Fe, and that was just a gunbusters sign and some tiny writing by the front door
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

No

Only bank I've noticed anything at is the Associated Credit Union by me in Santa Fe, and that was just a gunbusters sign and some tiny writing by the front door
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I went to one of my credit unions last Thursday and there was an 07 posted. Was going to talk to my other credit union to see about moving my stuff over to them only to find that they had done the same. I may be stuck with just Wells Fargo by the time it's all said and done.

Lol. You think banks aren't going to be putting these signs up left and right. These are the people that won't even allow you to wear a hat and sunglasses when you walk in because they are afraid you might rob the place. You think they want people walking in with guns openly carried on their hips?

Went to see "The Revenant" this week. Alamo Drafthouse put up 30.07 signs but you can still carry concealed which I did.

FYI... Chase has no 30.06 or 30.07 and will not have them.  I've open carried the last few times I went there and no issues.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Noticed a 30.07 notice in the window of Mom's Cafe in Carrollton yesterday... On an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper in a clear plastic binder sleeve.

Pancakes were good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Noticed a 30.07 notice in the window of Mom's Cafe in Carrollton yesterday... On an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper in a clear plastic binder sleeve.

Pancakes were good.
View Quote

I guess your Mom doesn't share your values.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pancakes were good.

Let's not get on moms....

I'll stop there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I argued that this would happen all along.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went to my doctor for a regular check-up this AM, and they had taped 30.06 and 30.07 signs at the front door.

Seems like the open carry law is percipitating more restrictions

I argued that this would happen all along.

I have seen businesses put up 30.06 over the years, then take it down once they figure out they are losing potential customers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

FYI... Chase has no 30.06 or 30.07 and will not have them.  I've open carried the last few times I went there and no issues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, but I had horrible experiences with Chase in the past and won't go back. Only use local banks now
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Cedar Park. Noticed the 30.07 on my way in for breakfast just now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Pancakes were good.
View Quote

Frankford @ Old Denton?? I ate there one morning on the way to the range. It seems the regulars have their "own seats". I was stink eyed the whole time I ate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I just sent an email to 7-11 corporate. They have a website for customer feedback. I don't think it will change a thing but it couldn't hurt.
View Quote

Most 7-11's are franchises.  Corporate has control over many things in there stores, but that might be one of the issues they defer to the franchise owner to decide in their particular area.  I service many 7-11's,  was in two today in the Austin area and saw no signs posted.

For guys that shop with their wives/girlfriends, I caught a 30.07 sign at a Charming Charlie while on my way into a Fedex location next door.  It was in english & spanish, but was printed on a 8.5x11 inch sheet of paper so was not legal size.    

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Most 7-11's are franchises. Corporate has control over many things in there stores, but that might be one of the issues they defer to the franchise owner to decide in their particular area.
View Quote

I went by there today and the signs were no longer there. I have not had a chance to talk to the manager or check the other 7-11 down the street that also had signs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Most 7-11's are franchises.  Corporate has control over many things in there stores, but that might be one of the issues they defer to the franchise owner to decide in their particular area.  I service many 7-11's,  was in two today in the Austin area and saw no signs posted.

For guys that shop with their wives/girlfriends, I caught a 30.07 sign at a Charming Charlie while on my way into a Fedex location next door.  It was in english & spanish, but was printed on a 8.5x11 inch sheet of paper so was not legal size.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen quite a few signs that are printed on 8.5x11 paper. It's almost like the dumbshits don't want to spend any money.
Lucy's Chicken in Lakeway had the 8.5x11 signs up on one door only out of 5 doors to go in. I would have loved to get asked to leave after we finished our meal, waitress was real fast serving until it was the bill time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've seen quite a few signs that are printed on 8.5x11 paper. It's almost like the dumbshits don't want to spend any money.
Lucy's Chicken in Lakeway had the 8.5x11 signs up on one door only out of 5 doors to go in. I would have loved to get asked to leave after we finished our meal, waitress was real fast serving until it was the bill time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's probably more to this than you know.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Coopers Old Time Pit barbecue in New Braunfels - NO!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

God damn it. I hope the llano location isn't posted.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#44]
If you subscribe to Texas3006, have you noticed about a third of the postings are wrong in one way or another?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

I still ate that beef rib, though. I was carrying concealed. I knew it was a 30.07 before I got close enough to read it. There was no sign the last time I was there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Becks Prime in the Heights area of Houston.  $17 for a burger and fries is too much anyway.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Siegel's in Addison on Inwood took down their 30.06 sign. The 30.07 is still in place. I asked about the change. The employee said the 30.06 was taken down a couple of days after it went up after the flood of bad response in person, on line, over the phone, and in the mail. Let's hope this is not an isolated occurrence.

If this was already mentioned...... I brought it up again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#48]
The Pilot/Taco Bell in Buffalo was posted 30.06 AND .07  30.07 was inside the doors, did see this till I was leaving

Ironically, this was for sale in the store

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Siegel's in Addison on Inwood took down their 30.06 sign. The 30.07 is still in place. I asked about the change. The employee said the 30.06 was taken down a couple of days after it went up after the flood of bad response in person, on line, over the phone, and in the mail. Let's hope this is not an isolated occurrence.

View Quote

Yep.. The dollar will change many business ideas ..  Now if those that only complain that nothing can be done because we are to small of a group would complain to the business many more would come down. This is how capitalism works.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep.. The dollar will change many business ideas ..  Now if those that only complain that nothing can be done because we are to small of a group would complain to the business many more would come down. This is how capitalism works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, this makes us capitalist pigs as well. OK.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top