Quoted:

One week to go!

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're getting in on Sunday evening.  Monday will be a pretty full day of looking at houses and such.  Tuesday or Wednesday would probably be the best days for us to get together.

What's a good place in New Braunfels?

One week to go!

Your wife is going to work at SAMMC and you want to live in New Braunfels? She will hate life.

I have not lived in San Antonio for 6 years, but I was born there and spent most of my life there, so I remember some stuff about the area. SAMMC is right at the crossroads of I-35 & loop 410. Traffic at rush hour on 35 really sucks from that area all the way to Schertz and Cibolo.

But if I remember correctly, traffic on going south from SAMMC on loop 410 is almost non-existent. You don't want to live around there, but from 410, you have access to I-10 and hwy 87. From there you can get some of the really nice places to live between St Hedwig and north of Floresville. La Vernia has some nice places and I remember seeing some nice places off FM 775. These are mostly going to be country style living and some acreage neighborhoods.

Edit: I just noticed you where also talking about Schertz and Cibolo. If you live south of 35, then I-10 is still and option for your wife's commute.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Your wife is going to work at SAMMC and you want to live in New Braunfels? She will hate life.

I have not lived in San Antonio for 6 years, but I was born there and spent most of my life there, so I remember some stuff about the area. SAMMC is right at the crossroads of I-35 & loop 410. Traffic at rush hour on 35 really sucks from that area all the way to Schertz and Cibolo.

But if I remember correctly, traffic on going south from SAMMC on loop 410 is almost non-existent. You don't want to live around there, but from 410, you have access to I-10 and hwy 87. From there you can get some of the really nice places to live between St Hedwig and north of Floresville. La Vernia has some nice places and I remember seeing some nice places off FM 775. These are mostly going to be country style living and some acreage neighborhoods.

Edit: I just noticed you where also talking about Schertz and Cibolo. If you live south of 35, then I-10 is still and option for your wife's commute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're getting in on Sunday evening.  Monday will be a pretty full day of looking at houses and such.  Tuesday or Wednesday would probably be the best days for us to get together.

One week to go!

It will all depend on what time she has to be at work.  If she will be leaving the house around 6:45-7:15 and living in NB, it will take her 45 min to an hour to get to work.  If there is one accident, it will take her 1.5-2  hours to get to work.  If she will be leaving the house at 6-6:45, it will take her 30-45 minutes to get to work. Traffic going home will be about the same with Fridays being a little slower.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It will all depend on what time she has to be at work.  If she will be leaving the house around 6:45-7:15 and living in NB, it will take her 45 min to an hour to get to work.  If there is one accident, it will take her 1.5-2  hours to get to work.  If she will be leaving the house at 6-6:45, it will take her 30-45 minutes to get to work. Traffic going home will be about the same with Fridays being a little slower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One week to go!

I live in Cibolo. I have to be at SAMMC at 0645hrs for shift change. I rarely have alot of traffic that early in the morning. It usually takes me 20-25 minutes on I-35 from exit 176. I work a 12 hour shift so I am leaving at 1915hrs and rarely have alot of traffic on the way home too. As long as her commute times are off peak, traffic is not really a factor. I-35 flows pretty quickly during off peak hours. I can usually move along at 80mph.

One thing to be mindful of, is how backed up the gate to SAMMC gets during shift change. I am usually puling through the gate around 0615 and it flows pretty quickly. At 0630, it sucks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

One week to go!

Yeah, we are just staying in New Braunfels while we are house hunting next week.  We're looking for houses in Live Oak, Schertz and Cibolo mostly.

So where're we all meeting up?

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
We've arrived and are chillaxing at our hotel in New Braunfels.  We have 8 houses lined up to look at tomorrow and about that many on Tuesday.

We like Buc-Ee's

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Beaver nuggets and cherry sours are
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Look into the Windcrest area (good commute) -do you have kids? If so, go the Magnate school route (DATA or ETA) in high school, or go private school.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Well this trip to Texas has been pretty good despite the weather.

We've looked at a bunch of houses but the market here is crazy. We had houses go under contract while we were in them looking at them.  All of our choices in Schertz and Cibolo went under contract.

We found a gorgeous house in Windcrest and put in an offer and it was accepted.  Now to do all the inspection and whatnot and hopefully we can get this deal closed.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well this trip to Texas has been pretty good despite the weather.

We've looked at a bunch of houses but the market here is crazy. We had houses go under contract while we were in them looking at them.  All of our choices in Schertz and Cibolo went under contract.

We found a gorgeous house in Windcrest and put in an offer and it was accepted.  Now to do all the inspection and whatnot and hopefully we can get this deal closed.  

View Quote

Leave your snow shovel in OH !  
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Update:

Closed on the house today - it's ours!

We'll be arriving on Monday, Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Update:

Closed on the house today - it's ours!

We'll be arriving on Monday, Memorial Day.
View Quote

Congrats, welcome to Texas.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Do not do the Jimmy Carter when eating Mexican food.   take the corn husk off before biting.

don't drink beer when eating pinto  beans........as bad as hard boiled eggs n beer.

learn to say....Ya'LL  and HOWDY, Ma'am, please and thank you
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Let us know when you want to visit the Hill Country.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Range 15 at Alamo Drafthouse on June 15th!

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, we're here just in time for some rain.  We had a pretty good two and a half day road trip to get here.  The dogs made the trip just fine.  We had a couple moments that were a little hairy, but overall it was a great trip.

Driving from Texarkana to Dallas was absolutely beautiful.  That's some gorgeous country there.

The dogs LOVE the yard!

Now we just need our furniture delivered.

Looking forward to Range 15 on the 15th.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Welcome to Tejas.

Hope you've got flood insurance.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome.  What specialty is your wife trying to get into?

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Welcome.  What specialty is your wife trying to get into?

View Quote

Emergency Medicine
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow, how did I miss this thread?

The sister's family lives in Schertz, it's a nice place but a lot bigger than it used to be.  The commute cannot be that bad, her husband works on Lackland and he drives it every day.

As for police/gun related jobs, if you want to teach, all the local colleges have LE programs and the best ALERRT school around is up in San Marcos.

http://alerrt.org/

Do you fish?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
wow, how did I miss this thread?

The sister's family lives in Schertz, it's a nice place but a lot bigger than it used to be.  The commute cannot be that bad, her husband works on Lackland and he drives it every day.

As for police/gun related jobs, if you want to teach all the local colleges have LE programs and the best ALERRT school around is up in San Marcos.
View Quote

I used to live in Schertz but moved to Cibolo last year. I work at BAMC and the commute isn't bad at all. I do commute in the off hours most of the time, but even with traffic it isn't as bad as I was used to dealing with when I lived in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Congrats! Welcome to Texas!
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Welcome to Texas!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top