Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 2:44:25 PM EDT
Stolen this morning from Leander was my Kahr P9 Covert two tone 9mm. If you see it up on any of the gun sale boards on facebook or otherwise please please let me know. Serial ends in 0592.

Thanks gents.

And if you're in Leander, apparently there is a rash of car breakins going on.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, OP.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, rule #1 do not leave firearm in car.

Vince
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Vince
View Quote

That's not always an option. Hope you get your pistol back OP.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vince

My next door neighbor had his truck broken into last year. His Colt 1911 which he had inherited from his Dad who was a WWII Vet was stolen as well as his radar detector. Luckily the perp was caught the next week and had the 1911 on him when he was arrested. He no longer leaves his gun in his truck. I also hope the OP gets his gun back.

Vince
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry OP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]
We own a gun shop close to Leander.  Are there any identifying features other than the 0592?  Was it in a holster, gun rug? Anything unique about the sights? Big Dot, night sights?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Thieves are pieces of shit!

For those that insist on leaving or storing handguns in your car...Click Me...it's better than your arm rest or glove box! I use the lock box w/ cable version in my vehicles.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thieves are pieces of shit!

For those that insist on leaving or storing handguns in your car...Click Me...it's better than your arm rest or glove box! I use the lock box w/ cable version in my vehicles.
View Quote

Much better method if you must leave it in your vehicle.

Vince
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry OP. I am thinking a designated vehicle gun, and lock system for the gun. A chain bolted down, and a decent lock would be hard to defeat quickly by a car burglar. If they have the necessary tools to get past that, it would be somebody that knew where and how the gun was secured. I don't like leaving my carry guns in my cars as most were gifts.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Austin (and the areas around it) have always been known for auto break ins.

I had a .44 Dan Wesson stolen from my truck in Cedar Park years ago, (the rat bastards hit nearly every vehicle down our street) and many people were missing radar detectors, phones, tools or guns.

I have a lock box in my vehicle if I have to leave the gun in the car.  It won't prevent a determined thief with the proper tools from entry, but if you make it tough enough to delay them, they will keep moving to more easier targets...

Hope you get your pistol back.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#11]
The Console Vault may deter them.

Pulled this one out of my 07 Tahoe, now looking for one to fit my 05 Ram 1500

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Will be on lookout.  All thieves should be summarily hung from the nearest tree.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll keep an eye out at HPD. Stretch..
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We own a gun shop close to Leander.  Are there any identifying features other than the 0592?  Was it in a holster, gun rug? Anything unique about the sights? Big Dot, night sights?
View Quote
Maybe I'm missing something.  What better identifying feature than the last 4 digits of the serial number?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top