Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 7:29:03 AM EDT
Guys, am I reading this right or missing something glaringly obvious?
In Fannin, on a non MLD/LAMPS property, you can only take an antlerless deer during archery season or Thanksgiving 4 day weekend?  Are a lot of counties like this? In the past I've only hunted public, so I know their restrictions, figured private land would be different/more open.

Thanks!

Antlerless Deer: If permits have been issued for the harvest of antlerless deer, they must be attached to all antlerless deer harvested on the tract of land. Antlerless deer may be taken without permits from Thanksgiving Day through the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26-29 (including United States Forest Service lands). At all other times November 7-25 and November 30 – January 3, antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLD permit or LAMPS permit only. On tracts of land for which LAMPS permits have been issued, no LAMPS permit is required for the harvest of antlerless deer during the archery-only or muzzleloader-only open season.

Archery Only: Oct. 3 - Nov. 6, 2015

Archery Only: Either sex. No permit is required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLDP permits have been issued for the property.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You are correct. There are a few counties like that I believe. Most likely to help boost population.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Bummer. Bright side, we saw a couple nice (to me) bucks on one of the cameras.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Same regs here in panola country. All I've seen are does.

I have some LAMPS permits though. But I'm going to try to take a doe during this 4 day weekend to use up a tag before I user my permit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top