Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2015 10:33:03 AM EDT
Hey, any of you guys know a good, old fashioned type barber in the Wylie, Murphy, Garland area...Wylie being preferred...

Need to replace my NY guy, who was awesome...old guy, off the boat Italian...guy could barber...walked in to try him, asked for a high fade, and boom, perfect out of the box...

Looking for something similiar, and a guy who still cleans up with the straight razor is preferred...anyone have any good suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Need to replace my NY guy, who was awesome...old guy, off the boat Italian...guy could barber...
View Quote

He has been replaced by a Mexican guy, young and just off crossing the river.

Not near you, but Shop in Anna 455/75, good so far (3 cuts), but only 2 of 4 guys speaks English times I was there. Times are changin.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only old fashion barber I know in Wylie is in the Dominoes strip complex. I don't use him, but have not heard anything bad.

Terry's barber shop.

View Quote

Cool, I will give them a shot....Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Stailey's in McKinney.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stailey's in McKinney.
View Quote

This, ask for Will he is fellow shooter.

Vince
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not near you, but Shop in Anna 455/75, good so far (3 cuts), but only 2 of 4 guys speaks English times I was there. Times are changin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to replace my NY guy, who was awesome...old guy, off the boat Italian...guy could barber...

Good to know. We had 5 chairs in Van Alstyne at one time, but not a male barber in sight these days.  I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep it simple. Point to the top of your head with fingers raised for the cut length. Do the same for the side.
sabe?
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Need to replace my NY guy, who was awesome...old guy, off the boat Italian...guy could barber...walked in to try him, asked for a high fade, and boom, perfect out of the box...
View Quote

My Dad was an Italian barber, been doing it since he got out of WWII.

Vince
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:38:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I use the pavilion barber shop at campbell and coit.

Old school enough, he still has a playboy mag or two in the top of the magazine rack.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Gave Terry's a try...great place, did a great high fade, knew exactly what it was, lots of gun talk, used the straight razor...think I'll stick with this place, at least for now.

Good to go if you like an real barber in the Wylie area....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top