Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2015 11:01:10 PM EDT
The truck died on my way into work tonight.  Actually on my way into the parking spot at work.  It's pissing fuel all over.  And since I changed the filter before I moved down here I'm hoping it has something to do with that and it will be a quick fix.  

That said can someone recommend a good place you trust to have this thing towed to?  I have no space to do anything in my garage at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used Christian Brothers at 121/cheek sparger.  Kinney's in South Euless, Bedford, Hurst.  Dunno which it falls into.  Both treated me well.  

Is truck Diesel or Gas?  You say fuel, so that is usually the mark of Diesel owners.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Call Carl or Gary at Gierisch Brothers in Roanoke. I've been using them for 19 years and have been extremely satisfied with their work and integrity.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Call Carl or Gary at Gierisch Brothers in Roanoke. I've been using them for 19 years and have been extremely satisfied with their work and integrity.
View Quote
WOW, had no idea they were still around.  My uncle worked there in the 70's I believe.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have used Christian Brothers at 121/cheek sparger.  Kinney's in South Euless, Bedford, Hurst.  Dunno which it falls into.  Both treated me well.  

Is truck Diesel or Gas?  You say fuel, so that is usually the mark of Diesel owners.  

View Quote

Or a guy who works in aviation.  

Thanks for the tips guys.  I ended up at Service Plus in Keller right down the street from my house.  They seem to know their stuff and I feel they treated me fairly.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tips guys.  I ended up at Service Plus in Keller right down the street from my house.  They seem to know their stuff and I feel they treated me fairly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so what was the issue?
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
As I suspected somehow a fuel line came off the filter.  Not sure how or why; I thought I had everything secure when I changed the filter.  I'm just glad this didn't happen on my drive down here from PA.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:03:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As I suspected somehow a fuel line came off the filter.  Not sure how or why; I thought I had everything secure when I changed the filter.  I'm just glad this didn't happen on my drive down here from PA.  
View Quote

I was about to suggest this when I read your post.  It happens pretty easily if you don't click that line onto the filter.  Happened to me once when I changed the filter on my car.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:06:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm just surprised it held on for about 2,000 miles before it popped off.  I was secretly hoping the car would catch on fire.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top