Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2015 12:03:33 AM EDT
Due to a lot of work travel lately, I had not been out to our cabin in almost a month.  When I got there today, I found there had been some unwanted visitors..to the tune of over $2k of stuff missing or damaged.

We are in Anderson County, on FM 321, near the Trinity River.  A couple of miles from the Bethal storage caverns,  within a half mile of Yard Fish Camp and directly across the road from The Big Woods On the Trinity hunting lodge. This is the third theft we have had there...SO deputy seemed like I was wasting their time...took a report and a couple of pictures...but no attempt to look for finger prints .

These folks  came prepared with bolt cutters...they cut two padlocks and two heavy security cables.  They found and removed a very carefully hidden game camera that was covering the gate (more on that later).They tired to kick in the door, but could not gain entry that way, so they pulled a window AC out, trashing the entire window frame.

Here are the items that might be identifiable.

• 7.5 HP Sears Outboard Motor.  This is early 1970's vintage, there are not many of these left around, so it should stand out.!.  The engine cover has been spray painted Gray.

• Cheap Simmon Model 846060 20-60X60MM Spotting Scope. No serial number but my DL#  scratched into side of the mounting bracket

•“Shooting Chrony” brand chronograph.   DL# scratched into multiple places inside the device.  

•Go-Kart - Fox Hornet  with Subaru SP-170 Engine  Serial No: L6KDB00699J000348.    Yellow Frame.  Bone Collector sticker on the front. Hydraulic  brakes,  Master Cylinder is not original.

•8000 BTU LG Brand window air conditioner.  Model LW8012ER Serial No 111TAJDC9636  

•Poulan PRO 18 in. 42 cc Gas Chainsaw (still looking for Serial #)

•Dewalt cordless drill and impact driver combo (looks like new), (still looking for serial numbers)

•ATCHISSON AR15K10 AR-15 conversion kit  for .22 LR rimfire. .22LR bolt conversion kit  (DL number is probably scratched into the surface of the bolt.

•.22LR AR-15 Magazine Model AR-15/.22  Brownells  $25

• Bushnell Game Camera  Serial # 9421-41499 or 9421-41501  My DL should be carved into the camera somewhere

The first five digits of my DL are 07722 # # #

In addition to the above, they got:
Two cable come-alongs , Red Dolly with hard rubber tires, 5 gallon gas can full of diesel, 400 -500 round of .40S&W plinking reloads in a metal ammo can, 250 - 350 rounds of .223 reloads in a plastic ammo ca, . 2 boxes of 6.8 SPC factory ammo (probably SSA), Red Plastic tool box with a bunch of cheap tools.  Ammo can of odd tools like steering wheel puller, brake line crimping tool. About $50 dollars worth of D and AA batteries, and a bunch of other small hunting items that were stored under the bed.

This little outboard motor should really stand out, its a Sears 7.5 Hp that probably dates back to the early 70s.  The plastic cover has been painted Silver.

This is the third theft we have had there.  Every time SO shows up for a report and I never hear another thing. This is my favorite candidate...she was captured crawling through the locked gate on a previous occasion. I provided SO with several pics, including one showing the license plate of her truck, and told them I wanted to press trespassing charges...they never even called me back.

This images are scaled down to load on ARF, the originals were clear and you could read the plate on the truck.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought I was having a case of deja vu. Man that sucks. If it were me I would

1. Make a set of spike strips and hide them under some dirt. Let the fuckers puncture their tires next time.
2. Leave the cabin empty from now on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you called to ask what status is of your trespassing complaint is?  If so and your getting run around I would I would suggest speaking with a supervisor.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]
More cameras. See if they setup a schedule for visiting your place. Put out some bait. Know anybody with a lawn mower with a frozen engine?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you called to ask what status is of your trespassing complaint is?  If so and your getting run around I would I would suggest speaking with a supervisor.
View Quote

Tired doing that twice. I finally left a message asking the Sheriff to call me back...it never happened.

The truck plate was readable, with a blade of grass blocking part of one number...there were only two possibilities.  The pic of the front of the truck was good enough to tell the make, model, and year, and it had some missing trim.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there any way for you to get the owner name of those plates?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#6]
You want to know who owns that truck? PM me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. For five bucks at any county building.  I had to do it once to get a toll authority off my back.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes. For five bucks at any county building.  I had to do it once to get a toll authority off my back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I HAVE the information already.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then you need to scout the owner's place out and see if any of your stuff is around. Gonna be hard hide some of the bigger items. Get a UAV to see in backyard. Of course do not trespass and stay stealthy. Check CL etc, I am sure you know all this, but it has to be said.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I PMed you, but something is weird with it.  Maybe your box is full or there is something goofy with my browser.

If you did not get the PM, please email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:45:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:49:59 AM EDT
[#12]
She has a nice rack for what it is worth.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#13]
You can pay a fee, by the way, and get the license plate data from that truck yourself and do some re-con work.

But let the PD do their job too.  

Theifs and burglars are on the same level as men who hit women.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think I PMed you, but something is weird with it.  Maybe your box is full or there is something goofy with my browser.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reply Email sent.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag, as my buddy's place isn't too far away from where this went down (down the road a bit past Boar's Creek).
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Could the thief be related to sheriff in some way?

Maybe it was some one who works for the department?  That is probably how they would know about the game camera.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Could the thief be related to sheriff in some way?

Maybe it was some one who works for the department?  That is probably how they would know about the game camera.

View Quote

Well, the camera was really well hidden.  It was camouflaged with cedar bark and hidden about 10' up in a tree, with branches covering it.  They broke it off at the mounting bracket.  The Decoy camera was also gone.  I'm not sure how they found the camera, unless they know the rough location and angle to look for it.   I had previously turned pictures from this camera over to the SO.   Make your own decision...maybe the thief was just really good.  I guess it is also possible they found it using Night Visions.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:21:48 AM EDT
[#18]
You would think with those two photos from the first time that the sheriffs office would have found out who it was!

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck thieves.  Hope you catch them.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, now I'm just waiting to see if I can get any type of call back from the SO. I'm trying to get them the serial numbers on some of the items and find out what happened to the previous trespassing case.  I've left several messages and even went by the SO, but still  no live person, other than the deputy that took the original statement. I guess Tuesday would be the earliest I can hope to hear from anyone.

Based on the info Will provided, the chick from the trespass pictures lives in Palestine...Google Maps shows it as the worst house in a bad neighborhood.  The Internet shows about six aliases,  and she appears to have had a connection to a Sheriff's department in CA, before moving to Texas 6 years ago....she even has a dormant LinkedIn page from those days.  It appears the tits are bolt-on since she moved to Texas (hey, everything is bigger in
TX ).

Due to a family emergency, I had to head home before even getting a chance to do a drive by on the house.  Wife's dad is in really bad shape, so a little missing stuff has to take a back seat for a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top