Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 2:19:25 PM EDT

(https://www.facebook.com/HollywoodStadium14Longview)

Check out the reviews.

Cliff notes for those that don't have a facebook, this theater is doing bag checks. They found a ladies weapon, and the manager says that people who have a CHL are not welcome in his business. They do not have the proper signs posted.

I understand property rights and all that, just thought I'd share.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it has been closed for a few years.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the main theater in town......

This happened just this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

OK

facebook link you supplied has no new entries since 2013 (Coming Soon Identity Thief) and Movie web page no longer exists.

I guess folks still post on it though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Carry on your person.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK

facebook link you supplied has no new entries since 2013 (Coming Soon Identity Thief) and Movie web page no longer exists.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OK

The relevant information is in the reviews. Let me assure you, this theater is open.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Carry on your person.
View Quote

Exactly.  I wont get into why purse carry is dumb as dumb can be,  but if you actually carry concealed ( on a belt holster), they wont know.

The bad part is, if they actually start giving "NOTICE" that CHL holders aren't welcome, it's a trespass issue.

Curious how long nonsense like that lasts though in practice.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
thread title is BS.

not turning away people with CHL, turning away people with guns.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

thread title is BS.

View Quote

Just called them, and a woman said no weapons. However, the reviews say a male manager was turning away people who had CHL's, not telling them to put them in their car but refusing them altogether. I can't link the facebook pic that I tried to that makes this clear.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Vote with your feet and your wallet.  Boycott this place.  Let them know why you won't patronize haters and why you won't go into a "designated victim zone".
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

thread title is BS.

View Quote

It sounds like they're doing both. Which means the thread title isn't inaccurate.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck em.

I will not sit in any theater without a gun in my posession.

I guess they want a turkey shoot in their establishment, but no turkeys, just people are the targets.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just called them, and a woman said no weapons. However, the reviews say a male manager was turning away people who had CHL's, not telling them to put them in their car but refusing them altogether. I can't link the facebook pic that I tried to that makes this clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thread title is BS.

So the manager was asking people if the had a LICENSE, or a gun? A CHL is a license. I still maintain that it was the GUN that caused refusal of entry, not the legal ability to posses one

or are you saying that someone was asking every patron if they have a CHL, and all affirmative answers were told to leave?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Vote with your feet and your wallet.  Boycott this place.  Let them know why you won't patronize haters and why you won't go into a "designated victim zone".
View Quote

I like that!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So the manager was asking people if the had a LICENSE, or a gun? A CHL is a license. I still maintain that it was the GUN that caused refusal of entry, not the legal ability to posses one
or are you saying that someone was asking every patron if they have a CHL, and all affirmative answers were told to leave?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thread title is BS.

I'm not making any claim, just relaying what is being said at the link I provided. I will try to get a screenshot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck'em...No proper signage.
I'll leave if they find out and ask....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Draw your own conclusions. Seems like they need to decide among themselves what they want.

Regardless of the particulars, I'll take my one-movie-a-year business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#17]
LMAO, what a stupid thing to say.  These days he can't refuse service to anyone he wants.  Can't refuse service based on race, can't refuse service based on sexual orientation, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

LMAO, what a stupid thing to say.  These days he can't refuse service to anyone he wants.  Can't refuse service based on race, can't refuse service based on sexual orientation, etc, etc.
View Quote

In the reviews, there is also a gay person who was refused a ticket.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Having a hard time envisioning what kind of idiot opens a purse with a gun in it for someone to see....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#20]
If anyone lives near Forney, they have a great theater to watch movies. No hassles, no thugs, no stupidity, always a leo on site.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Gee-I wonder how this theatre will handle things come January 1st???
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

They'll probably ban open carry on their property. I'm sure they won't be the only place to do so.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They'll probably ban open carry on their property. I'm sure they won't be the only place to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When ChL first started,I use to carry a form in my back pocket that I presented to business owners/managers I knew who posted their property with the 30.06 signs.

The form simply stated 'Before I spend my money in this establishment, the owner/Manager, by posting no CHL allowed in the store, Takes responability for my safety. if I am injured while in or about your establishment unarmed, the business will pay for all medical bills and disability bills resulting from the above policy.' sign here...........

Worked at a few places where I shopped. Others.....did not get my money or anyone else's  money  and are either smaller in size or out of business.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Am I the only one who thinks its BS to do purse checks? No way in hell id let them rifle through my GFs purse. They arent LEO and there is no PC for search. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Am I the only one who thinks its BS to do purse checks? No way in hell id let them rifle through my GFs purse. They arent LEO and there is no PC for search. Fuck them.
View Quote

It is BS, but it serves a dual purpose. I'm sure they're more concerned with people bringing in outside concessions. This makes the sheeple feel safe and helps the bottom line....I guess.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

They don't need PC.  Admittance is subject to your consent.  Don't consent, don't enter.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They don't need PC.  Admittance is subject to your consent.  Don't consent, don't enter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't a warrantless search. They aren't the government and you can refuse and leave.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm sure they're more concerned with people bringing in outside concessions.
View Quote

That would be Reason No. 2,487 why seeing a movie at a theater is no longer worth the time, expense or trouble.

"Boss, our box office receipts are down again this month - What should we do?"

"I know - We'll make the movie-going experience even more unpleasant for our customers than it already is. That'll fix it!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That would be Reason No. 2,487 why seeing a movie at a theater is no longer worth the time, expense or trouble.

"I know - We'll make the movie-going experience even more unpleasant for our customers than it already is. That'll fix it!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure they're more concerned with people bringing in outside concessions.

When your customer base is retarded kids, does it really matter? The place stays packed. Blows my mind.

This probably won't affect them to be honest.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like this theater is the only game in town.
That's why they got the bigass about it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Skip the manager and contact the owner, if they agree go public and tell everyone you know.  Make sure you travel to some other theater.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It is BS, but it serves a dual purpose. I'm sure they're more concerned with people bringing in outside concessions. This makes the sheeple feel safe and helps the bottom line....I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either way, no fuckin way youre searching me. A movie theater isnt a court house or the secure area of an airport and you arent checking my buggy at SAMs or Costco, so they can kindly piss up a rope then fist themselves. Dont give in to fucktards searching your shit!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Either way, no fuckin way youre searching me. A movie theater isnt a court house or the secure area of an airport and you arent checking my buggy at SAMs or Costco, so they can kindly piss up a rope then fist themselves. Dont give in to fucktards searching your shit!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have to consent.  But refuse and they refuse you entry.  

It is simple.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

But, but, but.......the purse checks are there to make you safe

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It is simple.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is simple.  

Im aware, and thats fine. I just like standing on my soapbox
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Skip the manager and contact the owner, if they agree go public and tell everyone you know.  Make sure you travel to some other theater.
View Quote

And then send him your ticket stub.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:07:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever *really* searched a purse?

Two ways to do it.

1) X-ray machine. Speedy, but not cost effective for a theater.

2) Empty the entire purse. Yeah, go ahead. May God have mercy on your soul.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#38]
A surefire extra bright-ass flashlight and a CHL is the best thing.

Blind the sumbich, then shoot his/her ass
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Having a hard time envisioning what kind of idiot opens a purse with a gun in it for someone to see....
View Quote

"I need to check your purse."

"No you will not.  Back off."

Seems pretty simple.

And I agree with a previous poster - I will not enter a theater, or mall, etc. without my sidearm.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, and carry in a purse as stated above is a dumb idea.

Vince
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top