Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2015 11:10:55 AM EDT
Blue Bell is in the stores and I have mine!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, they knew their product had listeria and they still sold it to us soo....

Nope.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope.
View Quote

Weak sauce.

More for me then
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
They had a limit of four. I got a couple and hope everyone gets their fix. If you don't I could let one go. PM me whatever guns you have for trade.

My birthday is tomorrow and Blue Bell's back today. Coinincidence? Perhaps..
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh...  Even before this whole listeria thing I wasn't willing to pay the price for Blue Bell compared to the H-E-B store brand, which is also made in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They had a limit of four. I got a couple and hope everyone gets their fix. If you don't I could let one go. PM me whatever guns you have for trade.

View Quote

Mine is today.

I have my tin foil equipped.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Mine is today.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is today.

Today's my birthday as well

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is today.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh, I'll take a Klondike bar anyday.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not down here in SATX.  Be a few more months.

But I will go home with a gallon, when it is, to celebrate.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Nope.
View Quote

This. I hope they go out of business.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mine is today.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is today.

I've been waiting for you to be legal.. game on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#15]
It showed up at my local grocery store today. At  $7.00 per gallon? each, I'll stick with the store brand.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is today.

I'm your huckleberry.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is today.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Spotted today on I35  

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It showed up at my local grocery store today. At  $7.00 per gallon? each, I'll stick with the store brand.
View Quote

This - I'll save the $3 and buy the H-E-B brand...  can't really tell the difference.  I'm not really a big fan of sweets any more anyway..  I'd rather have a big steak and a beer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

No problem, more for us fatbodies
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm your huckleberry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is today.

I'm your huckleberry.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Blue Bell is the new .22 here lol. Stopped by Kroger this afternoon and they had big signs in the ice cream aisle that it as already gone but they planned to get more tomorrow. Grabbed some store brand and went on to the house
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nope.
View Quote

I like a little listeria with my ice cream helps with gas pains

By the way if you could only take a peek in the kitchens of restaurants that you eat at you would never eat out again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

6.50 at Fiesta was higher than normal and I am not a big ice cream guy but we got two half gallons  it was damn good
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Still waiting in DFW................
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm surprised it's not $10 a 1/2 gallon. Sid Bass needs to make his money back and he knows people are dumb enough to pay ridiculous prices for a brand that knowingly was selling people bad product.

I don't buy 1/2gal ice cream accept to make the occasional root beer floats with the kids. And when I do, we use HEBs 1905 vanilla. Otherwise we buy pints of Baskin Robbins.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm surprised it's not $10 a 1/2 gallon. Sid Bass needs to make his money back and he knows people are dumb enough to pay ridiculous prices for a brand that knowingly was selling people bad product.

I don't buy 1/2gal ice cream accept to make the occasional root beer floats with the kids. And when I do, we use HEBs 1905 vanilla. Otherwise we buy pints of Baskin Robbins.
View Quote

Well we know its clean now we do not know that about the heb plant or Baskin and Robbins.

I never knew how many Blue Bell haters were out there.  It is damn good ice cream with or without listeria.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well we know its clean now we do not know that about the heb plant or Baskin and Robbins.

I never knew how many Blue Bell haters were out there.  It is damn good ice cream with or without listeria.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't hate them, I'm just not willing to pay a lot more when their product isn't noticeably different from H-E-B's store brand.  If all the store brands were like... say the Safeway brand that Randall's carries, I might feel differently.

As for knowing or not...  I'm sure all the news stations were sending off other brands to the lab for listeria testing if they thought they could make a bigger news story about how they were protecting us...  And in this case no news is good news.  I've heard that the listeria contamination at Blue Bell has been blamed on sanitary practices of one of their trucking contractors and how that contractors equipment and employees accessed their plants.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't hate them, I'm just not willing to pay a lot more when their product isn't noticeably different from H-E-B's store brand.  If all the store brands were like... say the Safeway brand that Randall's carries, I might feel differently.

As for knowing or not...  I'm sure all the news stations were sending off other brands to the lab for listeria testing if they thought they could make a bigger news story about how they were protecting us...  And in this case no news is good news.  I've heard that the listeria contamination at Blue Bell has been blamed on sanitary practices of one of their trucking contractors and how that contractors equipment and employees accessed their plants.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's $4.97 a half gallon at WalMart.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is how bad I hate going into Wal-Mart I will pay the 650 and walk in and out of Fiesta in 10 min.  Fiesta has everything a man needs to cook man food and you can dance to tejano music going down the isles.  Every checker will be going full tilt and you can get out in a hurry  

Now if you spot pecan pralines and crème at Wal-Mart I will go and get some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top