Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2015 9:50:02 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with Drakes Hunting Guides//DWE Dove Fields/City Limit Hunts.  Got a season lease with them this year.  It's been an odd.. transaction.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Well if no interaction with this guy, who did you go with this year and what $$
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a hard time paying to dove hunt. I hunt when I get invited. I've heard bad stories with the pay to hunt operations local to dfw like over selling leases and putting to many people on a feild. Selling leases on private property that they don't own or lease.
What was odd about the deal?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What was odd about the deal?
View Quote

paid in April.

emailed many times for last years maps so I can get idea of what to expect, no reply.

sent in release forms and asked for this years maps and hunting passes, received nothing.

asked if I could take a look at the properties before opening day "YES YOU CAN!".  All the gates were locked this weekend.

three days before opening day he pulled land off the lease list.

in a reply to asking for maps a weeks ago, "be sure to ask 5 days in advance for opening day lease assignment".  Right.  After looking at the tracks this weekend, and his map updates, he's giving the hot spots to opening day hunters, fields of nothing to season hunters.  Basically, communication is lacking.  

I've had crappy leases, but never a crappy leaser.

Not a bitch fest, just curious if anyone else had hunted with these guys before.  I'll hunt elsewhere next year.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't even want to know what you are paying. You might want to check to see if they are licensed to lease with tpwd. I'm not sure but I think lease type operations are supposed to register with the state. I only duck hunt private land with private lakes. I know I am blessed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top