Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2015 10:43:07 PM EDT
Where should I go for defensive pistol training in the Plano area?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a big fan of Hardwired Tactical Shooting.  Wayne and Darryl are both excellent instructors.

My wife and I have taken classes from them as well as several friends.  It was money extremely well spent.  Their training caused me to totally rethink my strategies with regards to CHL.  Lot's of range time combined with a ton of real world, on the street, first person knowledge and scenarios.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
wow, I must be blind. I think I went through their whole website, but no where did it say where they were.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Critical defence.   Greenville.   Talk to Mac...
Tell him Chef sent you
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Hardwired conducts classes at Dallas Pistol Club and also has a new agreement with the Frisco Gun Club per the webpage.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
If I may, then allow me to recommend that you take a weekend and go take the Level 1 Pistol class at Tiger Valley in Waco. I know you asked for Plano, but I don't think you're going to find comparable training anywhere in the Metroplex. I have taken several classes from them and the training is top notch. You will learn trigger control, sight picture and progress to drawing from your holster, mag changes, failure recovery and a lot more. By the end of the first day you will be able to pass the State Department's pistol qualification course.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Realistic Defense.
http://www.realisticdefense.com
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't believe no one has recommend Phil Ryan and http://txconcealedcarry.com/#, he used to own the Collin County Gun range off 380 in McKinney. Former USMC Bootneck and now a Celina PD officer, tell him his 2nd or 3rd favourite Brit recommended him.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Alias Training runs courses in Waxahachie with nationally known trainers of the highest caliber for reasonable cost. An hour out of Plano but close enough.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Another vote in favor of Hardwired Tactical.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Green Eye Tactictal

Edit to add link.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top