User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know what I would do, as a store owner with full tanks of fuel/water etc and price gouging laws went into effect? I would shut it down and lock it up,
OR
I would sell it at regular price to my friends.

CtD did nothing wrong. Companies that sold stuff at regular price saw all of their ammo, mags and black rifles fly off the shelves, then had NOTHING to sell for months.
CtD had stuff to sell at MARKET price. They did just fine.
View Quote

The one are where CTD may the screwed up was if they canceled orders that were placed say the Monday before the '08 election. Those orders should have been honored at the price they were sold at. Now after election night of '08 when CTD pulled down their website and raised their prices, well it may or may not be a smart business move but you have the right to buy or not.

I sold some mags and lowers I had bought a couple years before at 5 times what I paid for them, I never forced anyone to buy them, just offered them for sale.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You know what I would do, as a store owner with full tanks of fuel/water etc and price gouging laws went into effect? I would shut it down and lock it up,
OR
I would sell it at regular price to my friends. .
View Quote

Precisely what my some of my family members do.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The one are where CTD may the screwed up was if they canceled orders that were placed say the Monday before the '08 election. Those orders should have been honored at the price they were sold at. Now after election night of '08 when CTD pulled down their website and raised their prices, well it may or may not be a smart business move but you have the right to buy or not.
View Quote

Not just CTD did this.

MidwayUSA did same to me, and I bought the items weeks before Sandy Hook shooting, they cancelled my order, raised prices, and told to go to the end of the fucking line. Never bought anything from them since, but I make sure they send me a 10lb catalog I throw in trash!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not just CTD did this.

MidwayUSA did same to me, and I bought the items weeks before Sandy Hook shooting, they cancelled my order, raised prices, and told to go to the end of the fucking line. Never bought anything from them since, but I make sure they send me a 10lb catalog I throw in trash!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just CTD did this.

I thought I was the only one that MidwayUSA did that to.

Although, they did not cancel my order,
just put my stuff on backorder for a year (showed 'in stock' when I placed the order, couple of days  before Sandy Hook)
and I had to keep telling them I did not want to cancel.

My Christmas 2012 order was received in time for Christmas 2013.
I still buy from them if they have something I want at a price I am willing to pay.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

just put my stuff on backorder for a year (showed 'in stock' when I placed the order) and I had to keep telling them I did not want to cancel.

I still buy from them if they have something I want at a price I am willing to pay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just CTD did this.

just put my stuff on backorder for a year (showed 'in stock' when I placed the order) and I had to keep telling them I did not want to cancel.

Yes, mine was on backorder for a year and then they cancelled it.

I think they did it to Dogtown too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Although, if they had strung me along for a year, then cancelled,
I might not be as forgiving.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just CTD did this.

Yup
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is why I don't understand the butthurt over CTD.

People always had the choice to buy from all the other vendors.
Plenty of places sell P-Mags and ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OR

CtD did nothing wrong. Companies that sold stuff at regular price saw all of their ammo, mags and black rifles fly off the shelves, then had NOTHING to sell for months.

they canceled previously held orders, and relisted the product at a higher pric

nothing wrong with that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Midway did the same to me, cancelled an order after waiting for almost a year.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They did?  Then if I were you, Midway would have no more of my $$$.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]
My amount of giveadamn about CTD closing is -87%.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

nothing wrong with that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OR

nothing wrong with that?

That is a legitimate bitch. But that is not gouging.  

If that was the complaint I suspect there would be less disagreement.
But the most posted compliant is about $99 P-Mags and high ammo prices.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't buy anything from them anymore due to that and their horrible shipping. They charged me $12 to ship some springs and other small parts UPS (because I hate the Mail Innovations trash) and it was still the damn Mail Innovations bullshit that took over a week to get here.

I bought a 6lb guitar amp speaker from an online retailer (who is actually less than 2 hours away from Midway) that arrived in 4 days, (instead of 10) and only cost $8 shipping. Hell, I bought a part for my guitar (much smaller and lighter than the speaker) from the same place and 2-day ups shipping was only $10. That goes to show that Midway is ripping you on shipping.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Like I said: *I* am very saddened about CTD closing because their catalog prices, especially for parts, was very good. Having them shipped to your home for FREE was a killer deal. Not being able to do that anymore will cost me a lot more money.
View Quote

That really does suck, especially when need a $5 part and shipping is $10.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OR

nothing wrong with that?

The people who talk about gouging are the ones who don't understand the first reason why people hate CTD
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#19]
When CDT opened in Round Rock, I was sure that would not last a year. When they opened they had a great layout. The way they displayed guns was pretty cool. The staff was very friendly and the section was vast. Since I worked close by, me and some buddies went in once a week just to check things out. I noticed they were not replacing the sold pistols. They did not have anything new - Sig 320 HK VP9 etc.

The prices on items were hit or miss. Some things were decent and some were way over the top. July 26 morning I got the 20% off email. 20% off the entire purchase - no returns. My future MK12 needed food and i decided to take advantage of the 20% off and bought 8 boxes of ammo. As I was checking out, I asked the manger if they were going to run the sale once a year. "We don't know yet". I asked if the store was doing well enough to stay "That is yet to be seen". I told my buddy, it's over, their done. For the next few weeks they sent the same July 26 20% off email.

There is a vast number of choices to purchase a firearm within a 6 mile radius when CDT opened. I don't think this had an impact, their customer service was good, their prices were not cheaper than dirt and never have been. But as another mentioned, if you needed a quick AR part you could get it. A box or two of ammo sure why not.

And Gander Mountain, their prices are stupid. Example - used parked .357 DE, price $1899. Brand new identical model, $1799. The 2nd day they opened I picked up a Sig P228 for $250. They had is marked as a 229.

And Bass Pro, their firearms selection is slim, prices are iffy at best.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When CDT opened in Round Rock, I was sure that would not last a year. When they opened they had a great layout. The way they displayed guns was pretty cool. The staff was very friendly and the section was vast. Since I worked close by, me and some buddies went in once a week just to check things out. I noticed they were not replacing the sold pistols. They did not have anything new - Sig 320 HK VP9 etc.

The prices on items were hit or miss. Some things were decent and some were way over the top. July 26 morning I got the 20% off email. 20% off the entire purchase - no returns. My future MK12 needed food and i decided to take advantage of the 20% off and bought 8 boxes of ammo. As I was checking out, I asked the manger if they were going to run the sale once a year. "We don't know yet". I asked if the store was doing well enough to stay "That is yet to be seen". I told my buddy, it's over, their done. For the next few weeks they sent the same July 26 20% off email.

There is a vast number of choices to purchase a firearm within a 6 mile radius when CDT opened. I don't think this had an impact, their customer service was good, their prices were not cheaper than dirt and never have been. But as another mentioned, if you needed a quick AR part you could get it. A box or two of ammo sure why not.

And Gander Mountain, their prices are stupid. Example - used parked .357 DE, price $1899. Brand new identical model, $1799. The 2nd day they opened I picked up a Sig P228 for $250. They had is marked as a 229.

And Bass Pro, their firearms selection is slim, prices are iffy at best.

View Quote

Typo?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Typo?
View Quote

No typo. I was shocked when I saw the price tag. It was a W. German as well with no CAI or PW import marks. It was well used and it had maybe 40% of the slide finish left. The frame was in decent shape. They had issues with the 4473 e forms and it took 2 hours of waiting to get it. But at $250 I was not about to leave without it. I replaced the springs, added night sites and it rattled like a Krylon can. It was dead on center accurate. I will never find another deal like that again.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like I said: *I* am very saddened about CTD closing because their catalog prices, especially for parts, was very good. Having them shipped to your home for FREE was a killer deal. Not being able to do that anymore will cost me a lot more money.

That's why you just buy more stuff to make shipping worth it!)
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Losing the free shipping sucks.

My son is lucky that they put a Cabelas in Waco.
I'm 2hrs (south) of Buda.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top