Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2015 11:13:57 PM EDT
Currently reside in Georgetown with my wife and two boys, but I recently stumbled onto the new house market up in Jarrell while researching homes in G-Town.

New houses pretty reasonable up there, not too much out of the way. Not much there it didn't seem but I assume the way housing is going up that'll change eventually.

Anyone from there got any insight into the area? I'm paying out the ass for rent in Georgetown and this 3bd/2ba house costs me $400 a month to air condition.

I could save a boatload of funds getting something a little nicer up there. Boys are home schooled so public schools don't affect me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear great things about Jarrell other than a F5 tornado that ripped through there back in the 80's. The one thing I will say to look out for are the rock quarries. If you find a home, check it out on Google Earth to see how far it is from a quarry. Those quarries produce some major league dust and blasting noise.  Good Luck.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hear great things about Jarrell other than a F5 tornado that ripped through there back in the 80's. The one thing I will say to look out for are the rock quarries. If you find a home, check it out on Google Earth to see how far it is from a quarry. Those quarries produce some major league dust and blasting noise.  Good Luck.
View Quote

It was mid 90's so if you see houses built around that timeframe, you know why.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As I recall, poor Jarrell got hit twice.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember referencing that area as Tornado Alley growing up.  The big F5 hit in the 90s which even sucked the slabs of the houses but there was a bit of money pumped into that town afterward to help rebuild which actually helped it.  Georgetown is practically considered Austin now but Jarrell probably still has the small town environment.  If possible, try the north side of town which is in Bell County.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top