Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/10/2015 3:26:50 PM EDT
Babe's Chicken in Arlington at 7PM on August 1st.

If you're coming, please respond in the thread so I can get a feel for how many and make a reservation for a bigass table.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This is a spin off of the Meet and Shoot thread.  Figuring out a place where ARFCOMMers can meet up and shoot was proving to be tricky so we're going to simplify everything and do a DFW Meet and Eat Meat first.

Logically, the best location is somewhere central to Dallas, FW, and the surrounding cities so I'm proposing Arlington or Grapevine.

The choice in Arlington will be Babe's Chicken.  Grapevine will be Bartley's BBQ.  I'm putting up a poll and I'll give it a few days to decide the location.  Obviously, if there's a member who wants to host a group at their place and cook out, that would be awesome and I'm sure we can all toss-in some cash to make that happen.

The next hurdle will be deciding on a date/time.  I have a very wide open schedule (thank you, self employment) but I'll assume that a Friday or Saturday night are best so I'll throw a few choices in the poll but if we can come up with a better day, I'm wide open to suggestions.
View Quote

Like herding cats.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like herding cats.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a spin off of the Meet and Shoot thread.  Figuring out a place where ARFCOMMers can meet up and shoot was proving to be tricky so we're going to simplify everything and do a DFW Meet and Eat Meat first.

Logically, the best location is somewhere central to Dallas, FW, and the surrounding cities so I'm proposing Arlington or Grapevine.
The choice in Arlington will be Babe's Chicken.  Grapevine will be Bartley's BBQ.  I'm putting up a poll and I'll give it a few days to decide the location.  Obviously, if there's a member who wants to host a group at their place and cook out, that would be awesome and I'm sure we can all toss-in some cash to make that happen.
The next hurdle will be deciding on a date/time.  I have a very wide open schedule (thank you, self employment) but I'll assume that a Friday or Saturday night are best so I'll throw a few choices in the poll but if we can come up with a better day, I'm wide open to suggestions.

Like herding cats.

Yep, as evidenced by the other thread...

I'm just hoping getting some of us together to eat food is a task that can be accomplished.  Stuff like this always makes me wonder how swinger parties happen.  It's hard enough to get a group together for simple things but swingers somehow manage to get a dozen like-minded folks together for a fuck party.  It boggles the mind.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in on either place.

DFM
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Arlington works best for me. Friday is a no go for me also.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm just hoping getting some of us together to eat food is a task that can be accomplished.  Stuff like this always makes me wonder how swinger parties happen.  It's hard enough to get a group together for simple things but swingers somehow manage to get a dozen like-minded folks together for a fuck party.  It boggles the mind.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like herding cats.

Because fucking a stranger is more enjoyable than hearing a bunch of arfcommer B.S.

I've done several get togethers and it's often more trouble than it's worth.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Because fucking a stranger is more enjoyable than hearing a bunch of arfcommer B.S.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like herding cats.

Well, I guess we know what we need to do.

Official ARFCOM DFW Members' Swingers Party

We might have a slight problem with the male:female ratio though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like herding cats.

This conversation is going south. Not interested in seeing a sword fight. (I hope that doesn't offend any of you).

I wonder if they would let us grill at an outdoor range?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Let me rephrase what I posted yesterday since I was a little drunk.

Your best route is to just state a time and place otherwise neither will ever be decided. I've organized a couple of dinners and helped with a few shoots and that is the best route.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Let me rephrase what I posted yesterday since I was a little drunk.

Your best route is to just state a time and place otherwise neither will ever be decided. I've organized a couple of dinners and helped with a few shoots and that is the best route.
View Quote

Yeah, I debated whether or not I should give too many choices.

The poll is working ok so we'll see what it looks like in another week.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#10]
We will be in San Antonio the 24th and 25th, but otherwise I'm open to either location.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Babes, 31st either time is fine with me.   I'm out of state the other dates.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#14]
well at least most can agree on time....
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#15]
What has worked in the past is to simply announce a date, time and location.  People show up... great.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#16]
You are the OP so pick the place and time. You never know who will actually show up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Is there a time and place yet?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Babe's in Arlington on the 1st at 7PM.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll make it.

DFM
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I just need to kick my sister out by 6pm and ill be there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like herding cats.

This.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A maybe for me.  Will have definitely answer by the end of this week.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm out of town then. Maybe next one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Ok, so far I have:

?DirtyDon?

DerFALMaus

?mojo?

irishtech

m35ben

BigMikeDFW

I'm going to call Babe's today and see if they can handle a party of 20.  If that many show, cool.  If not, we'll have space.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#28]
There has to be more than 7 people going.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I am not able to attend this one because we are having a birthday party for my son.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I told the girl at Babe's to expect a group of 15.

Just tell them you're with ARF when you walk in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#31]
TTT

Chicken at 7pm  tomorrow!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
TTT

Chicken at 7pm  tomorrow!
View Quote

It shall be yummy, ill wear my BFL hat.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Can I be like, super last minute decision?

Probably can't, but I'll try.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Can I be like, super last minute decision?

Probably can't, but I'll try.
View Quote

No problem.  I'm sure we'll have plenty of extra room.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Bummed, I'm working.  Think I had voted tonight.  Maybe next time.  Thanks for being a "community organizer", LOL, sorry bout that but you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Bummed, I'm working.  Think I had voted tonight.  Maybe next time.  Thanks for being a "community organizer", LOL, sorry bout that but you know what I mean.
View Quote

I'm now just as qualified to be POTUS as our current Disaster In Chief.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there an official headcount yet?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still going by who's confirmed in this thread so it stands at 7ish.

I figure some folks will show who haven't confirmed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm betting more so!!!!  Exponentially more so!!  You got an arfcom dinner organized, what has he done?  Pretty easy to organize people to stand in line for free stuff up to and including Iran.  Rant over, sorry again.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm betting more so!!!!  Exponentially more so!!  You got an arfcom dinner organized, what has he done?  Pretty easy to organize people to stand in line for free stuff up to and including Iran.  Rant over, sorry again.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With as many as I have setup I could be emperor.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never been to one yet.  Always falls on a work day.  I don't set one up because absolutely nobody on here knows me and nobody would come.  LOL, no pity party, just real talk.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#42]
FYI: Babe's is a BYOB restaurant so if you want beers, you'll have to bring em.

I'm going to grab a 12 pack of Shiner so I'll have some extras to go around.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I just made it. Green and white shirt, gray shorts.

DFM
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I just got here also. Green arfcom shirt.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm on the porch in the corner with my own cooler.  They don't take reservations so we'll be waiting a bit...

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#47]
It was nice to meet all of y'all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:15:51 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

It was nice to meet all of y'all.
View Quote

Likewise.  Looking forward to the next one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Same here gents!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm on the porch in the corner with my own cooler.  They don't take reservations so we'll be waiting a bit...  

My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX
View Quote

Might want to delete this now or risk unsolicited drunk calls/texts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top