Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2015 8:26:37 PM EDT
Who is going to the Texas Tactical carbine/IDPA match tomorrow at Cedar Ridge Range?

I'm considering trying to make it out there. I used to attend the matches with frequency back around 2006 to about 2008. I haven't been in a long time but would like to start going again.

I don't remember the cost per match is $10 or $20?

I'm lacking on good holsters and mag carriers. Would a thigh holster be ok? Is it common to see guys wearing tac vests or web gear with their rifles?

Not trying to sound like a drama llama but I don't want to show up and have everyone think I'm a want to be militia member.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to attend the ARC matches regularly, and I always wore my chest rig and thigh holster.  You have to wring out your gear one way or another.  I never looked at the matches from a competition standpoint, I was there to train.

The fees are $25.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
$25

There's always a huge range of gear, from head to toe tac'ed out LEO, to the dude with an OWB holster stuffing mags in his back pocket.

You just need a way to carry a spare rifle mag, and occasionally a spare pistol mag. A sling, and decent pistol holster.

I'm somewhere in the middle, with a MOLLE vest with nothing on it except a few rifle mag pouches and a pistol pouch, with an OWB holster.

http://www.texastactical.net/matches/carbine.asp
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there. Cost is $25 for one gun or $35 for 2. Any safe gear is fine. Plate carriers, battle belts  etc aren't all that unusual. If you don't act like a Militia type no one will look twice (unless they are envious of your setup).
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I went and had a good time.

About how long does it take till the results are posted? I remember it taking a long time previously (like sometimes just a day before the next match)
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:02:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

About how long does it take till the results are posted? I remember it taking a long time previously (like sometimes just a day before the next match)
View Quote

usually the evening of or the next day.

i need to start going again, with this new job ill have every third weekend off so that will help
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Results from both weekend's matches should be up tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#7]
That's awesome. I was surprised by how much things have changed since I last attended a match. When they where in Hays county full auto was ok and some guys brought out some cool toys. I don't remember having to keep my pistol unloaded while in my holster either, used to be overcomes handgun was constantly loaded but holstered when not shooting. I wasn't sure but it sounded like IDPA rules have changed to, I heard people talking about keeping pistol mags to 10rounds. I guess I have some research to do. I'll probably attend an IDPA match with Texas Tactical again in the near future.

Overall still a good time and time well spent with some good people.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's awesome. I was surprised by how much things have changed since I last attended a match. When they where in Hays county full auto was ok and some guys brought out some cool toys. I don't remember having to keep my pistol unloaded while in my holster either, used to be overcomes handgun was constantly loaded but holstered when not shooting. I wasn't sure but it sounded like IDPA rules have changed to, I heard people talking about keeping pistol mags to 10rounds. I guess I have some research to do. I'll probably attend an IDPA match with Texas Tactical again in the near future.

View Quote

Range rules. The Hays county range allowed a lot more than Cedar Ridge does. And yes, some of those are IDPA rules too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Range rules. The Hays county range allowed a lot more than Cedar Ridge does. And yes, some of those are IDPA rules too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the matches were held at Blanco County Sportsmans Club, Hill Country Rifle Range, and Hays County Sportsmans/Texas Tactical Range full auto was allowed.

Blanco and ARC matches are semi auto only.  ARC you can run suppressed and short barrel.  Not sure what the rules are at Cedar Ridge are since I have never been to a match there.

There are no more night matches either.

I believe there is also an "Outlaw" category on Mike's scoresheets now as well if you want to run a rig outside the normal IDPA classifications.  If you run a second gun "handgun only" during the carbine matches I have never seen anybody really concerned if you run a non-conforming handguns with porting or slide mounted optics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top